Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bring the pain hot sauce

• 06-03-2020 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭

Morning all. Anyone know of any shop where I can buy Bring the pain hot sauce?
    I've got in Lidl in the past but haven't seen it in ages. I'm tried a few asian shops but no joy. I don't really shop online so if anyone knows of any shops selling it I would appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'd imagine it's a private label product named specifically for Lidl so you won't find it under that name elsewhere.

Edit: yep, just checked my bottle. Lidl GmbH. You'll just have to wait til the next time they have it in as part of a special, it was never a regular stock item.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,756 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Tkmax/homesense tend to have lots of whacky chilli sauces. You might find another you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

Thanks for the replies. I don't think I'll be spending 16 quid on a bottle. Might stock next time they come around and try selling them on e-bay though.

Good to know it is a Lidl product. I can stop searching other shops for it.

I'll have a look in Tkmax/homesense. Any recommendations for a similar kind of sauce. A lot of other hot sauces I have tried have no kick whatsoever compared to Bring the pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Be right back

Yester wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I don't think I'll be spending 16 quid on a bottle. Might stock next time they come around and try selling them on e-bay though.

Good to know it is a Lidl product. I can stop searching other shops for it.

I'll have a look in Tkmax/homesense. Any recommendations for a similar kind of sauce. A lot of other hot sauces I have tried have no kick whatsoever compared to Bring the pain.

If you're in Cork, maybe Mr Bells' in the English market?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

It's jalapeno and vinegar based, you'd make hotter yourself after a trip to an Asian supermarket.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

It's jalapeno and vinegar based, you'd make hotter yourself after a trip to an Asian supermarket.

I've a bottle, its in lidl maybe 2 times a year.
    its waaay hotter than Habaneros, no sublety

Bring the Pain is back in Lidl and just in the nick of time!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,076 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

What is good to eat with this sauce??

What is good to eat with this sauce??

It doesn't have much to offer taste wise as it is overpoweringly hot on it's own. I add a bit to soups, stews, stir fries etc to give them a kick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭niallo76

Yester wrote: »
    It doesn't have much to offer taste wise as it is overpoweringly hot on it's own. I add a bit to soups, stews, stir fries etc to give them a kick.

agreed-not much going on taste wise,but,man,does it have a kick to it.

I got this today. Let’s see how hot it really is!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GinSoaked

Missed it :mad:, only shop once a week in Lidl on Wednesday now, any other time I'd drive straight in to get a bottle.

It’s hot!!! Very hot. 🥵

It’s hot!!! Very hot. ��

My taste buds and sphincter are quivering at the very thought of it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Whereabouts in Lidl is it found?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Whereabouts in Lidl is it found?

I got it in Fortunestown, close to the Bakehouse granola/choc chip cookies which are delicious.
    There is also a habenero sauce which is much milder and sweeter. And another one again which I didn’t get, a lime and something sour sauce.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

GinSoaked wrote: »
    Missed it :mad:, only shop once a week in Lidl on Wednesday now, any other time I'd drive straight in to get a bottle.

Its back in Lidl this coming Thursday the 30th
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/summer-bbq-food/chili-sauce/p40887

Jalapeno and habenero flavours available too

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Its back in Lidl this coming Thursday the 30th
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/p/summer-bbq-food/chili-sauce/p40887

Jalapeno and habenero flavours available too

I'll miss it again then :mad: I do the shopping on a Wednesday :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I'll miss it again then :mad: I do the shopping on a Wednesday :rolleyes:

It's in mine already, so have a look. With all the barbeque stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

https://www.micschilli.com/

I ordered about 6 bottles off this crowd lately. It was free delivery if you spend €20.

Only tried the of foam and fury one so far. It is very very tasty and had a fairly decent kick without being stupidly overpowering.

I bought the “extreme” one. Haven’t opened it yet.

https://www.micschilli.com/

I ordered about 6 bottles off this crowd lately. It was free delivery if you spend €20.

Only tried the of foam and fury one so far. It is very very tasty and had a fairly decent kick without being stupidly overpowering.

I bought the “extreme” one. Haven’t opened it yet.

And there's a good beer to go with it http://www.galwaybaybrewery.com/offoamandfury/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

And there's a good beer to go with it http://www.galwaybaybrewery.com/offoamandfury/ :D

It’s more than a good beer to be fair.

Very expensive mind you but worth it the odd time for a treat. Hops galore!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

If you're Dublin based and want an alternative with kick, Fresh usually has a couple of bottles of Blair's Hot Sauce, going from their mid level to some of the hottest they do.

Fresh Smithfield usually has a good stock of them.

Enjoy!

Thanks guys managed to get some today. Have four drops of it now in a lunch time tomato and basil soup. Great for the price good and hot but no subtlety of flavour, basically its hot and thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

OP, if you or anyone else is still looking, Lidl in the M1 Retail Park outside Drogheda has loads of Bring The Pain in stock. Picked up a bottle this evening but haven't tried it yet.

OP, if you or anyone else is still looking, Lidl in the M1 Retail Park outside Drogheda has loads of Bring The Pain in stock. Picked up a bottle this evening but haven't tried it yet.

I found it a little disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,083 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

https://www.chileseeds.co.uk/

Buying stuff from this place for years now.

Some seriously hot **** on there!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Try making your own.

And the best tip for blending ingredients is not to use a blender. Go old school with a mortar and pestle. It gives a much nicer flavour. I like a bit of a kick spice wise but some of the stuff i have tried left me in a bad bad way lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I got a bottle of Scorpion Slammer, made with Moruga scorpion chilli.
    Tasty, but one drop in a pot is enough !

715398_47abcf4c21344bf5a4cb3ff5db01321c~mv2_d_1242_1229_s_2.webp

Advertisement