Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Aye, we all knew it was coming. I won't miss it. Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭deadduck

restarted my membership using Ukraine as location. Seemed I was gonna get stumped at the SMS verification, but when I clicked back, the €10 charge went through instantly! Used N26 debit MC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Tony H

did you use a vpn when you changed location ? and is it geo locked?

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Rightplace2016

Mine still working as I used vouchers all the time . Wonder will that come to end soon as voucher expires this week so not sure if I should top up or not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Can this be watched in multiple locations by members ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Reading on Reddit that they are flagging the Turkish accounts so those are a gonner by the looks of it but just wondering if we set up a new Turkish account with gift cards will that work or have they closed off that workaround.

I did try Nigeria this morning but got the problem with payment method error tried AIB avant and and no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ed1140

Restarted my membership using Nigeria as location with vpn unlimited, wouldn’t accept Revolut so used AIB credit card, which I had used for Turkey, no verification needed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

For the people signing up with new countries, I wonder if there's any sort of expectation that Netflix will just shut these down too? Has anybody any experience of being shut down like this previously?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Worked with India using NordVPN and AIB credit card. No mobile phone verification needed. Hopefully it lasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I did a subject access request for all information held on me. They see everything, every device, every user but we kind of knew that. When you get the data it can be massive. But what I did spot in one of the files on my most recent Turkish sub since 2019 was this line item

I can then see my Kenyan sub which says Approved, Declined, Approved and the account is still active but on the Turkish one of the 24th February it says this:

My end result now looks like this but "next billing date" next to KE is not listed as of yet:

My Sub is UHD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭bren2001

We're back baby.

Moved to Nigeria, 2.55 euro per month and no sms code required, used existing account.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,148 ✭✭✭✭Berty

In your Account under Security and Privacy click on "Download your personal information". It won't be instant, you'll have to wait for the email to come through with a Zip file. Mine arrived around 3am after doing it around 10pm the previous evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

So the answer is to contact your bank and request a refund through them.

It's a slow Sunday around here, so I made sure I wasted as much of NF's resources as I could...

Kadali

Netflix Customer Service

refund

1:37 PM

You are now chatting with: Kadali

K

Thanks for contacting Netflix. I am Kadali. I understand that you've contacted us regarding refund. I'll definitely help you with that. To find your account can I get the full name and email you use on it?

Kadali • 1:38 PM

Hi Kadali. Email is XXX

1:39 PM

K

Thank you for the information.

K

Could you please elaborate the concern for better understanding?

Kadali • 1:39 PM

I had payment taken from account on 22 Feb and then account was cancelled immediately

1:39 PM

K

Got it !

K

Not to worry! I am here to help you with this.

Kadali • 1:39 PM

Thanks Kadali

1:40 PM

K

You're welcome. Let me work on this. Just give me a few minutes :)

K

Just a quick reminder, here are some tips so we don't get disconnected: Please don't use the back ◀️ or close ❌ this chat window and please reply within 2 minutes so the system knows we're still chatting.

Kadali • 1:40 PM

okay

1:41 PM

K

To protect customers from unauthorized charges, we sometimes cancel accounts that show signs of unusual activity. It looks like your account was canceled for this reason.

K

You can rejoin by using a different payment method without losing your profiles or viewing activity.

Kadali • 1:41 PM

It's okay. I was going to cancel the account soon anyway. I'd rather the refund please

1:42 PM

K

Be assured, that your financial institution will assist you on the credits and request a refund directly from them.

Kadali • 1:42 PM

So Netflix will not refund me? I have to chase a refund through my bank?

1:43 PM

K

Unfortunately, we're unable to refund this transaction. Please reach out to your financial institution and request a refund directly from them.

Kadali • 1:45 PM

This does not seem reasonable. Netflix took money from my account and then cancelled my account and now will not refund me. This is a perfect definition of online fraud.

1:46 PM

K

I understand and thank you for your feedback. What we can do here in customer service is note your feedback and this feedback will be shared with the concern department.

Kadali • 1:47 PM

And when will I hear back from the concern dept with my refund?

1:48 PM

K

As I mentioned earlier unfortunately, we're unable to refund this transaction. Please reach out to your financial institution and request a refund directly from them.

K

I understand, and I wish there was more I could do.

Kadali • 1:49 PM

Can I chat with a supervisor please

1:50 PM

K

I really wish there's something we can do here, however please be advised that there's nobody here that can address what you're asking. We all have the same tools and we follow the same procedure.

K

So I hope you don't get the wrong idea but I just don't want you to get your time wasted and get the same responses.

Kadali • 1:51 PM

Can I chat with a supervisor please

K

Allow me a moment please.

K

Please stay connected, I am transferring the chat to supervisor.

L

Hello, my name is Latha. I am the supervisor for the previous agent

L

Please allow me sometime while I review your chat conversation with our previous agent

Latha • 1:53 PM

okay Latha

1:55 PM

L

Thanks for staying connected!

Latha • 1:57 PM

your welcome

1:57 PM

1:59 PM

2:00 PM

2:02 PM

2:03 PM

L

Having reviewed your account, I see that your account has been cancelled due to unusual activity

Latha • 2:05 PM

Can I get my refund please

2:05 PM

L

Unfortunately, we're unable to refund this transaction. Please reach out to your financial institution and request a refund directly from them.

Latha • 2:06 PM

The only unusual activity I am aware of on my Netflix account was that Netflix took a payment from my bank for a service and then immediately turned that service off.

2:07 PM

Okay. The official line I am getting from Netflix is to report Netflix to my bank and then ask my bank to begin an investigation to why Netflix has taken my money... and then I might get a refund. Is this correct?

2:09 PM

L

Please contact your bank and raise a dispute

L

They will investigate further and process refund if in case if the amount has been debited from your account

L

I don't see any payment received from your end

L

So contact your bank and they will be able to help you further

L

We appreciate you reaching out to us today. If anything comes up in the future, feel free to visit help.netflix.com, where you can type the keywords of your concern or even error codes, and it will show you what needs to be done! Thanks for being the best part of Netflix! Have a good day, and stay safe.

Latha • 2:11 PM

This chat session has ended.

N

Overall, how would you rate your experience with Netflix Customer Service?

Netflix • 2:12 PM

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Great work. So Netflix didn't receive the money is their line? We all know the truth so they're on very sketchy ground

• Registered Users Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭Bambaata

I was tring to setup again via Nigeria after the Turkey sub went kaput and wet ahead and got the SMS-Now account setup, the SMS wasnt coming through but for some reason Netflix suddendly said it was erified and asked if i just wanted to input mobile for account recovery. Seems it didnt need it for verification! Charge of 2.55 to my BOI debit card for the 4 screen plan, couldnt get Revolut to work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

Any free VPNs have Nigeria?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

What card got you there please. Have tried 4 both visa and Master card with no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭webpal

was told I need to back to Mexico to watch what I just subscribed to and I said I’m back home and won’t be going back so it’s useless to me, got an instant refund

• Advertisement

It wouldnt accept 2 revoluts, a PSTB Visa debit, BOI Mastercard credit but went through on a BOI Visa debit for me

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

now wondering whether i jumped the gun on india, instead of nigeria..

getting axed on €2.5 vs €7.5 ...

renewed last night, no charge has hit ptsb so far. i wonder what risk cancelling and instructing bank to not process sub if/when it hits..

it might burn the card for future use against nigerian netflix..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Keep solid VPN worked for me just can't get a payment through yet

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Can't get a card to work for Nigeria. Tried my bank, Revolut (both Visa and Mastercard) and signed up for n26 Mastercard but that's no good either. Using VPN Unlimited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

Cheers lads got Nigeria working using the free 7 day trial with VPN Unlimited, used my AIB card and no need for a Nigerian mobile number

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

Same here. I used my AIb

It didn't work first time but it did the second time & in logged in on tv now

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Did you have to enter credit card details for the free trial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,198 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Might be a good idea in your new accounts, let the VPN run for a couple of hours during the month on some show. Might not show up as your account 'continous' in another country.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

Advertisement