Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Hive heating

• 14-05-2021 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Hi all, just looking to see if I am on the right track. We currently have Hive attached to our boiler (pics 1 and 2). This didn't control a separate hot water zone.
    We now want to add another zone so that we have 2 heating zones, as well as the hot water zone.
    Am I right that I need a Hive hub less heating self install add on as per the 3rd pic?
    Hive website is next to useless and can't find a contact email. When I emailed to complain, they send me a number beginning with 0033 that I can't ring. Any input gratefully received.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

whats the plumbing setup?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

whats the plumbing setup?

There is one floor with underfloor heating, one floor with rads and it's all gas fired central heating
    I basically want each floor to be a separate zone and hot water as 3rd option for summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

maxsmum wrote: »
    There is one floor with underfloor heating, one floor with rads and it's all gas fired central heating
    I basically want each floor to be a separate zone and hot water as 3rd option for summer

It will wholly depend on how the pipework is already plumbed or how it can be altered to suit what you want.
    So to start with, is there a thermostat on a wall anywhere upstairs as well as one downstairs?
    Is there a thermostat on the side of the hot water cylinder?
    If the answer to both questions is yes, then it would appear that most of the hard work is done.

With one floor (ground?) set up with underfloor heating I would imagine the pipework should be close enough to being right for what you want.

But to be honest you really need to get someone out who is experienced in heating systems with experience in both the plumbing and controller aspects to give a correct assessment.

Ok, thanks so much, To be honest i have no idea about any of that, I was just told to 'buy extra zones off Hive' by the plumber and electrician and my Q was more around the different products on the Hive site because none of them seem to be 'extra zones', so maybe I should try Hive again

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

The product you are looking at is correct for your need, and can be added to the existing Hive receiver to make a 'multi-zone' hive that can control 2 heating and one hot water zone.

But as above, your system plumbing and wiring will need to support this (motor valves, with the correctly wired to interlock, back to the Hive controller) remember Hive is just a (smart) switch, the controls for the water flow must be inplace to switch on/off by Hive.

• Advertisement

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭antietam1

Could anyone point to help with hive please?

My issue is the new hive modem the app keeps looking for the old one which was faulty.

Can only find Q&A on their website.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,206 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

I think this is a problem with Hive. Perhaps try setting up a new account.

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Advertisement