Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awards Season 2021

• 26-02-2021 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭

The Golden Globes are this Sunday not sure if virtual or an actual ceremony given restrictions with Covid19

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Loads of great dresses for the awards! The stand seeming to be Anna Taylor-Joy in that incredible green Dior dress.

AnyaTaylorJoy_Dior_01_049-copy-1614572328-compressed.jpg

I also like Lily Collins' look, even the matching eyeshadow!

I liked Nicola Coughlan's dress but the black caridgan really took away from the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,740 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Marlee Matlin looking stunning tonight at the Oscars

The Met Gala tonight

This year's theme, “In America: A Lexicon of Fashion”—translation: a celebration of American fashion

Billie channelling Marilyn Monroe and Lady Gaga

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Super disappointing Met Gala! Definitely missed Lady Gaga, Blake Lively, Zendaya, SJP, Lizzo etc. Lots of Oscar de la Renta, and fair bit of Jeremy Scott but I'm not a fan of his, and I saw lots of American designers I'd not heard of before, but expected to see more of the old school Americans like Calvin Klein, Tom Ford with the theme.

In saying all that - here's who I liked! Notable mentions to Gemma Chan, Maisie Williams' make up, Gabrielle Union.

Emma Chamberlain in Louis Vuitton - love the makeup especially.

Paloma Elsesser in Zac Posen

Yara Shahidi in Dior, she is just stunning!

Kaia Gerber in Oscar de la Renta. Quite a simple look, but for me it evokes a real 90s glam vibe, the height of the Super Models, and a big era for American designers. She is the spit of her mother too!

• Advertisement

Emmys tonight

Rita Wilson in Tom Ford looks well

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I wasn't hugely enamoured with most of the Emmy looks.

I love Gillian Anderson but her Chloe dress/outfit with the dangling charms looked confusing and Emma Corrin in Miu Miu gave me the handmaids tale but beige!

Anya Taylor Joy's dress was too pale for her skin tone and I loved Beanie Feldsteins dress the iridescent fabric was a nice change but I felt the belt made it more day time event than red carpet.

Yara Shahidi in the green Dior was my pick of the night.She was gorgeous at the Met ball and is hitting all the right marks!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I'm not sure about Hannah Waddingham's look - it's a bit "swimsuit with a matching sarong" for my tastes

Ana Taylor-Joy looks frighteningly thin in her dress:

There seemed to be lots of quite shapeless dresses too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I agree with you on the shapeless dresses.

I though Elizabeth Olsen did shapeless but on the stylish side and it was designer by her sisters! The neckline and definition around the bust keep it looking somewhat dressy.

It'd be great to be wearing something a bit loose when you're eating and drinking all night but the fact its white would almost be enough to stop you eating.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I love Gillian Anderson but her Chloe dress/outfit with the dangling charms looked confusing

From her Instagram:

Advertisement