Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Camera Bag Recommendation For Cycling

Options
  • 07-04-2021 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out with a camera bag recommendations.

Currently I have two main camera bags, a large Lowepro shoulder bag and this rear access bag. Both bags are great but I've really started getting into cycling and I love to bring my camera with me, and neither bag works well in that scenario. The shoulder bag keeps sliding to one side and the rear access bag takes too long to access my camera forcing me to miss shots.

What I'm looking for is a two strap bag, preferably with top access so nothing falls out when I open it. What makes this difficult is that I'm mostly using a Fuji XT4 with a 100-400mm lens and a 2x teleconvertor, so it's a large enough rig. If anyone has any suggestions for a bag that might work for this scenario, please let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

Don't know if it is any help but i have a couple of courier style bags that might work. Over one shoulder, but with a stabilising strap that goes across the chest to stop the bag slipping. It works very well. Smaller one is a Timbuk2 and I also have a really big crumpler one that i used when i cycled to the city every day for college.

They are both really well made, and reasonably priced as far as i recall, as neither are camera specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

Thanks man. I really love the style of those bags. Not sure if my camera will fit in either size of that particular bag, but they have some others that look like they might do the trick. Gonna order one today and at worst I can return it :)

Advertisement