Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Upset Child

Options
  • 23-03-2021 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi, I have a 5 year old daughter who since lockdown started has lost her playschool and childminder. She has now started Junior Infants and a new child minder but this is not going well. She is only with the child minder one or two days a week. She cries every time she has to go to her child minder and now this morning she cried going into school knowing she had to go to the child minders today. The school had to call me once before because she was upset in school having to go to the child minder that day.

Any advice would be hugely appreciated as I have tried everything I can think of. I have talked to my daughter to see if anything has happened in the minders, did anyone say anything to her, hurt her etc. She says no she just doesn't like going there. She loved her previous child minder. She can be quite shy around new people and if there are a lot of people around.

Many thanks.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,644 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi.

You might have more luck asking in our Parenting forum.

The Newbies & FAQ forum is for questions relating to Boards itself.

Thanks.

Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 nikim

Thanks. I'll change it now.

Advertisement