Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Meghan and Harry Interview (Mod Warning in First Post)

Options
167891012»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,584 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Disgusting post. Hope nobody in your life has mental health problems or ever looks to you for help.

What are you on about?

She is nothing but an actor, shamelessly using the mental health card to gain more attention..

I feel for actual people suffering actual mental health trauma..

Not this fake and phoney public displays of insincerity..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,088 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

It's a bit like the Jeremy Kyle show with posh accents!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,674 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

walshb wrote: »
    What are you on about?

She is nothing but an actor, shamelessly using the mental health card to gain more attention..

Are you sincere about those phoney displays of insincerity?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

What are you on about?

Oh dear, you sound like Piers Morgan. Not a good look.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

First person who came to my mind, too.

Oprah “revealed” this morning that Harry told her off camera that the person who asked about skin colour was not the queen or Philip

For such a “tell all” interview both Harry and Meghan made many tactical hints and vague suggestions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's a bit like the Jeremy Kyle show with posh accents!

No, Jeremy tries to wind people up.

This is a little like Simon Harris interviewing Leo about life and politics and only asking the questions that suits

Oh dear, you sound like Piers Morgan. Not a good look.

He can be alright, in small doses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Neyite wrote: »
    It's going to be interesting playing out for sure!
    The think is, you've got someone who's barely in the Firm a wet week thinking she can control the narrative but going up against a Head of State and potentially doing permanent damage to a monarchy of a country is either very brave or very stupid. They've had centuries of practice of dealing with those who displease the monarch. Granted they can't hack off heads any more but the Queen is well versed in handling something without appearing to say a word about it. The courtiers are masters of spin, doing it for generations, and learned from centuries of predecessors of spin doctors.

Great post. I think Meghan was hopelessly naive about what royal life would entail in the first place. Kate had several advantages on this score. Firstly, she’s English born, bred and reared. She, like everyone born there, would have know how vicious the UK press is and she’s old enough to remember how much press attention Diana and Fergie got. Secondly, her schooling. She would be far better versed in British history, being from the country. Thirdly, she had almost a decade’s experience of dealing with the Royal family when she agreed to marry William. She was prepared in so many ways that Meghan simply wasn’t. That IMO, is why Kate has rarely put a foot wrong, despite weathering some very tough times herself (the intense scrutiny when she and William broke up for a while, her family background being mocked by some of William’s friends, the ‘Waity Katie’ stuff’). Kate knows the might of the royal family.

Meghan comes from a land where celebrities and self-made billionaires are the highest caste. I think she really underestimated how loved the royal family are by a significant chunk of the public. I think it can be hard for most Irish people to imagine that but it’s true. It is still a very popular institution with a huge chunk of its subjects. I also think she overestimated the platform she would have as the wife of one of the Princes. Kate has a pretty big platform now to speak about various issues but it took her a long time to be invited on to that platform.
    When you make big allegations, you need to be scrupulously honest or you are going to get caught out on the small stuff and in turn, that's going to cast doubt on the big stuff. And I think they are going to come off the worst in this round of skirmishes.

I think so too. The devil is in the detail as Andrew learned to his detriment. Much of what they said in the interview will be fact-checked. It will interesting to see if they were completely truthful.

He can be alright, in small doses!

He's not tollerable on any level, small or large.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Yurt! wrote: »
    As a member of the royal household, one presumes she was traveling on a diplomatic or official passport of some kind. It would be irresponsible and a security risk to have someone travel on a diplomatic passport once he/she leaves the royal household. The risk of them going off the reservation would unacceptably high. She didn't have her citizenship stripped from her.

This is it.

Her “my passport was taken away” rubbish is simply over the top drama

As a member of the royal family she would’ve been issued some sort of diplomatic vip passport held by her office.

• Advertisement

Do people actually believe this woman was suicidal?

And if so, why?

What was so traumatic, or even mildly traumatic to make her become suicidal?

Suicidal is really serious. People are at the end of their tether..

She shamelessly threw this term in here. And was not at all challenged on it..

Just watched it. Wow. So many thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wonder how BP are going to respond? Twitter is speculating on every possible scenario from them saying nothing at all to pursuing legal action. I can’t see them just sitting back and taking these comments lightly

I’d say they’ll certainly clear up the issue of a title by producing the document in question relating to titles. Several of his cousins don’t have the title of Prince or princess when they could have them if they wanted. There’s no racial element to that.

The issue of skin colour is a tricking one because I believe Meghan said some “within the palace” made those comments which is a very broad term because the palace is like saying Downing Street, Leinster house, the Kremlin etc. It’s an overall term and I see that Oprah was quick to clarity who it wasn’t(probably to stop any legal issues).

I see sky news are out with one of their specials already which will Play for weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

cnocbui wrote: »
    He's not tollerable on any level, small or large.

I find him alright, he's entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Do people actually believe this woman was suicidal?

And if so, why?

What was so traumatic, or even mildly traumatic to make her become suicidal?

Suicidal is really serious. People are at the end of their tether..

She shamelessly threw this term in here. And was not at all challenged on it..

Why are you so adamant that she wasn't? Do you have experience of the issue or training in the area? Can imagine someone going to you saying they were suicidal, "oh sorry buddy I'm gonna need some proof, I don't think you've suffered enough trauma to qualify."
    It's no wonder there's still a stigma attached to it with people like you around.

The RF are a vile, hollow entity with no substance, there fakes who are constantly putting on a show for everyone, no genuine personality at all, every little thing is carefully orchestrated to present a certain image to the world, not many would want to live like that, watching yourself erode into nothing but a puppet.

It's funny that they've escaped all that by moving to the Hollywood bubble, where literally everything you write also applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Just watched it. Wow. So many thoughts.

Interested to know what you thought and whether it changed your opinion on her/them in any meaningful way!

Why are you so adamant that she wasn't? Do you have experience of the issue or training in the area? Can imagine someone going to you saying they were suicidal, "oh sorry buddy I'm gonna need some proof, I don't think you've suffered enough trauma to qualify."
    It's no wonder there's still a stigma attached to it with people like you around.

Well, seeing as she is so so public, then yes, some questioning about it would be useful. But no, we didn’t get any questioning. Just a suicidal angle thrown in.

I don’t believe it for a second.

She comes across desperately insincere and fake, and throwing in the suicide angle means nothing to people like this..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭BrenMar

I guess if you grew up in a 200 room palace, ski holidayed in Kloisters from a toddler and played chopsticks on a solid gold piano in your grannies living room and people knelt to you every time you came into a room you’d have a skewed perspective on ‘entitlement’.

As for cash cow e200million + land Charles ‘cutting him off’ he already has e20m from his mammy - guess ge might be regretting walking away from a share in that inheritance - especially when Charles who is nearly 70 dies. And lets face it - he’s already had covid as has his next in line brother. BIG timing mistake.

As for Maggie - I never knew you could be awarded a title of princess and have it advance decided that your sons or daughters wouod not carry that title. I guess she didn’t see that coming either. You’d think with that shrewd advance planning from the queen that she’d cop on now that there’s talk in the air of the HRH being taken off Harry and the Sussex title removed - but no.
    Seems mr self assured and entitled has found his perfect mrs.

No doubt the tabloids and media will gorge off them for years but as everyone say, it plays badly into their two main mantras of wanting media privacy and wanting to be financially self sufficient!!

As for her - always the victim - seems she wants the black audience with her new poormouthing over the colour of the baby. I seem to remember someone famous getting axed for posting a pic of a black baby with ginger hair on twitter - and they wern’t the only ones on the planet wondering.

Not that I care about any of them - but it seems ironic that her main trade on fame is a C list actress part and then marrying a prince who was eligable, wealthy and gormless - not to mention having been thrown over by every girlfriend he ever hd and openly desperate to marry. And now she hs positioned herself to try and poison his relationship with his family, alienated him from his past and all his friends and is seeking to destroy the royal family she was so desperate to marry into. Sad really.

Best post yet, brilliantly put.

Well, seeing as she is so so public, then yes, some questioning about it would be useful. But no, we didn’t get any questioning. Just a suicidal angle thrown in.

I don’t believe it for a second.

She comes across desperately insincere and fake, and throwing in the suicide angle means nothing to people like this..

Can anyone recommend a sauce that makes bile and mindless drivel more palatable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Duke of Schomberg

I never ever got this Hewitt nonsense.

Harry is the grandfather, Philip through and through. Everything about him

Charles is absolutely the daddy...if not him, then Philip.

You're wrong. Think about when Harry went "off-the-rails" . . . about the time he joined the Household Cavalry. Every member of the UK armed forces is blood-grouped and told their blood group - in case the worse happens. That was when Harry had to be told his true parentage, and that was sent him "off-the-rails".

You're wrong. Think about when Harry went "off-the-rails" . . . about the time he joined the Household Cavalry. Every member of the UK armed forces is blood-grouped and told their blood group - in case the worse happens. That was when Harry had to be told his true parentage, and that was sent him "off-the-rails".

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

I think in the UK, the Queen is much more popular individually than the royal family as in institution. There's probably going to be a big change in attitude towards the Monarchy once Charles takes over.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

She shamelessly played two cards..

Mental Heath “I was suicidal” card?

Wtf? Suicidal? Was she living in torment for years or something? Part of a family all of a few fooking months...she got exactly what she set out to get, global fame...and here she is now looking for more attention spouting off utter garbage about being suicidal?

One might argue that your attitude to the issue is quite triggering and damaging to people suffering with mental health.

How can YOU possibly know if someone is really suffering or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Iodine1 wrote: »
    Pure nonsense. That family has the very best of health care money can buy and that was available to her for sure. Many women feel low after a baby arrives and it's well understood and the best of help would be available to her. It doesn't make any sense to withdraw it.

Just saying, when I had severe clinical depression, it wouldn’t have mattered how much money I had. It was unbelievably stubborn.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

This thread has run its course in relation to celebrity and showbiz.

Please find another forum to discuss mental health.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement