Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booze deals [Megathread]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,286 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Daughter looking for me to buy champagne for Christmas- any deals going??
    Also €19.99 in Lidl
    https://www.lidl.ie/en/c/champagne-brut-12-5/c907

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

zell12 wrote: »

The ALDI one far nicer imo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Looking to do a margarita night so anyone aware of any deals on tequila and orange liquer?

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

dodzy wrote: »
    Well gone lad. Cheapest now is 25 in dunnes dropped to 20 if you have vouchers (if you buy 2)

Interesting how you assumed I was a man. Plenty where I live. Works out ~ 81c per can. Excellent value. It must be a loss leader at this price?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,903 ✭✭✭dodzy

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Interesting how you assumed I was a man. Plenty where I live. Works out ~ 81c per can. Excellent value. It must be a loss leader at this price?

Apologies For the assumption. Which store is still carrying plenty of stock please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭highdef

Interesting that Yyhhuuu assumed that the use of the word "lad" implied that you are male!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭highdef

dodzy wrote: »
    Apologies For the assumption. Which store is still carrying plenty of stock please?

I wouldn't apologise. Everyone is either male or female, it's a genetic thing. It's more a shame that someone would bring up a gender topic because you said "lad" but made no reference at all as to whether it was male or female orientated. In fact, it would seem that it was however Yyhhuuu who has decided that for itself that it is a "gender targeted" thing and has attempted to create some sort of agenda!

On the other hand, Yyhhuuu may be just taking the pi$$, in which case all is good in the world and we can all live a little bit better together....social distancing of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,150 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

...more beer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

anyone know if the dunnes offer on carlsberg is still on today or has it finished ?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Juwwi wrote: »
    anyone know if the dunnes offer on carlsberg is still on today or has it finished ?
    thanks
    Still on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

anyone know if the 12 Guinness for €15 is still going in Dunnes?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

DublinCJM wrote: »

I bought a pack in Cornel's Court yesterday, but priced at €16.xx (not sure of the cents) but had a coupon that reduced by €5, so very pleased.

(Real 500 ml with widget).

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

12 x 500ml cans in Lidl for €17.(67cent I think) if that’s any use

• Registered Users Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

They have them in Center for 15, Budwiser, Carlsberg and Bualmers as well, until the 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭ellejay

vicwatson wrote: »
    The ALDI one far nicer imo

On a side note, On BBC2's "Eat more for Less" last year, in a blind test, a couple that drank 3 bottles of Moet a week, thought Lidl's Champagne was actually their usual Moet and said something like you can always tell quality even if it cost a little more.
    The show had swapped the Moet for Lidl's Champagne and the couple couldn't tell the difference.

highdef wrote: »
    Interesting that Yyhhuuu assumed that the use of the word "lad" implied that you are male!

Where I live "lad" or "lads" only refers to a man or men. I personally would find it quite strange to see a woman addressed as "lad". I have been addressed as lad and found it quite endearing. I think there is an assumption that mostly men drink beer.

In fact the Cambridge English dictionary defines the plural "lads" refers to a group of men.

highdef wrote: »
    I wouldn't apologise. Everyone is either male or female, it's a genetic thing. It's more a shame that someone would bring up a gender topic because you said "lad" but made no reference at all as to whether it was male or female orientated. In fact, it would seem that it was however Yyhhuuu who has decided that for itself that it is a "gender targeted" thing and has attempted to create some sort of agenda!

On the other hand, Yyhhuuu may be just taking the pi$$, in which case all is good in the world and we can all live a little bit better together....social distancing of course!

You are merely completely misconstruing what I said with phoney suggestions of my creating some sort of agenda.

Can I respectfully suggest you examine the Cambridge English dictionary's definition of the work "lads" to denote males.

On topic, could anybody kindly let me know if there are any beer deals in Tesco. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭you2008

Jameson Black Barrel 70Cl

https://www.tesco.ie/groceries/Product/Details/?id=272228286

SAVE 17.01 Was 47.01 Now 30.00valid from tomorrow (28/10/2020) until 24/11/20

damn used my €5 voucher yesterday on food :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,333 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Where I live "lad" or "lads" only refers to a man or men. I personally would find it quite strange to see a woman addressed as "lad". I have been addressed as lad and found it quite endearing. I think there is an assumption that mostly men drink beer.

In fact the Cambridge English dictionary defines the plural "lads" refers to a group of men.
    You are merely completely misconstruing what I said with phoney suggestions of my creating some sort of agenda.

Can I respectfully suggest you examine the Cambridge English dictionary's definition of the work "lads" to denote males.

On topic, could anybody kindly let me know if there are any beer deals in Tesco. Many thanks.

If you live in Cambridge, you might be correct in that 'lads' refers to young males. If you live in Ireland, particularly the West, 'lads' refers to young ones that hang around together - male or female - and not always 'young'.

'Ladeen' refers to young 'young ones', and that will not be in your Cambridge dictionary.

More beer and less talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Interesting how you assumed I was a man.
    jaysus, it's really bizarre what some people find interesting...

smirnoff/captains/gordons 1L are 23euro in tesco, no start or end dates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

you2008 wrote: »

Unless you bought food you dont like - the principal of saving the €5er on whiskey still applies.
    So buy the whiskey!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Daisies wrote: »
    Looking to do a margarita night so anyone aware of any deals on tequila and orange liquer?

Quoting this as I think it may have gotten lost. Really appreciate any insight

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Daisies wrote: »
    Quoting this as I think it may have gotten lost. Really appreciate any insight
    70cl of Jose Cuervo for €27 at the minute, small reduction, never seems to be lowed than that.

kmart6 wrote: »
    70cl of Jose Cuervo for €27 at the minute, small reduction, never seems to be lowed than that.

That's interesting, I've been thinking of a Margherita night also, but always seemed expensive.
    Must check Aldi and Lidl to see if they sell a cheaper version

• Registered Users Posts: 27,777 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

ellejay wrote: »
    That's interesting, I've been thinking of a Margherita night also, but always seemed expensive.
    Must check Aldi and Lidl to see if they sell a cheaper version

In previous years ALDI have had a triple sec orange liqueur on sale in the run up to Christmas. Much cheaper than Cointreau.
    Disappears off the shelves very quickly!
    Keep an eye out for their xmas catalogue.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/specially-selected-triple-sec/p/065389006904600

You can make orange liqueur at home using basic vodka and orange peel and a few other ingredients.
    You can google recipes as such approaches are outside the scope of this thread :)

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

odyssey06 wrote: »
    In previous years ALDI have had a triple sec orange liqueur on sale in the run up to Christmas. Much cheaper than Cointreau.
    Disappears off the shelves very quickly!
    Keep an eye out for their xmas catalogue.
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/specially-selected-triple-sec/p/065389006904600

You can make orange liqueur at home using basic vodka and orange peel and a few other ingredients.
    You can google recipes as such approaches are outside the scope of this thread :)

that's great to know thanks I'll keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,982 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

you2008 wrote: »

Thanks! €30 isa very good price!
    (Just FYI - I am 99% certain that Black Barrel was €35 (not €47.01) in Tescos last week)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Powers (new bottle) 1ltr = €26.56 in SV over the weekend. Usually €45.
    Hurry - while stocks last - I think the offer ends tomorrow?

Thanks! €30 isa very good price!
    (Just FYI - I am 99% certain that Black Barrel was €35 (not €47.01) in Tescos last week)

https://shop.supervalu.ie/shopping/wine-beer-spirits-irish-whiskey-jameson-black-barrel-70-cl-/p-1263569000 :eek:

• Advertisement

cadaliac wrote: »
    Powers (new bottle) 1ltr = €26.56 in SV over the weekend. Usually €45.
    Hurry - while stocks last - I think the offer ends tomorrow?

yes - 28th is the last day ( dont 4get use your SV voucher:D)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement