Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student Interview

• 27-04-2019 5:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't seem to find any answers online.

I applied to study the pharmacy technician course in DIT as a mature student and they responded to my application by inviting me to an interview.

I'm excited, but not sure what kind of questions I'll be asked aside from the cliche "So tell me about yourself" etc.

I want to have as strong a chance as possible of being accepted so if anyone has had any experience with mature student interviews and could comment what type of questions I can expect to be asked I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭The Hound Gone Wild

Hi all

Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't seem to find any answers online.

I applied to study the pharmacy technician course in DIT as a mature student and they responded to my application by inviting me to an interview.

I'm excited, but not sure what kind of questions I'll be asked aside from the cliche "So tell me about yourself" etc.

I want to have as strong a chance as possible of being accepted so if anyone has had any experience with mature student interviews and could comment what type of questions I can expect to be asked I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you!

Congrats.

They want to know what you know about being a tech, do you know the in's and outs of the job, what you can and can't do? They'll also what to to know why you want to be a tech? Are you using it as a gateway into studying Pharmacy.

They want to hear about any work experience you may have had.

If you know about the course; lectures, labs, work placement. Make sure to mention specific modules on the course.

If you have family/work and how you're going to fund yourself.

Most importantly they want to know you're not going to drop out, they don't want to give you a place only for you drop out in 6 months. They'll lose your fees for two years and won't be able to fill your place!

Best of luck.

Ps. If you've worked in a Pharmacy before bring a letter of recommendation from a pharmacist is you can. Looks really good.

Advertisement