Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Destiny General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

weiland79 wrote: »
    Ok so my baby is now nearly 6 months old and is sleeping slightly more than she has done (still not a lot) The wife is taking kids away for the weekend, so I bought The taken king dlc.

What have I missed? :)

Everything, Nothing, and all that's in between. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Sniper_ samurai throws money at screen.

Matt Smith would happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Matt Smith would happy.

Formally Dr. Who.

Do you mean Luke Smith.

Formally Dr. Who.

Do you mean Luke Smith.

Yep. That's the one. Silly me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,508 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sniper_ samurai throws money at screen.

I have more sense than that. Not a fan of CCGs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Hey lads,

Stream has begun, we'll be raiding in 10 mins, why not jump in for the laugh!

http://www.twitch.tv/genericdreadhead

• Registered Users Posts: 44,969 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Good luck guardians. May oryx feel your wrath.

I expect a sherpaing in 9 days.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,120 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Got past totems first go, one or two little tweaks to jumpy bits I won't spoil but easy enough so far. On to war priest now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,120 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Priest down now, lads essentially 5 manned it as I was an orb. Ger gets a 320 rocket launcher the proxy fecker!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,770 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Priest down now, lads essentially 5 manned it as I was an orb. Ger gets a 320 rocket launcher the proxy fecker!

Ger Schemes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Bohrio

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Ger Schemes

Each boss has 1 difference from normal, except Oryx where things get more complicated (dont want to spoil it saying what is different)

Nothing good so far, just a new mark for my titan from the sisters and the rocket launcher from the warpriest, oh and gauntlets from golgo...

Hopefully Oryx will drop something nice!

Bohrio wrote: »
    Each boss has 1 difference from normal, except Oryx where things get more complicated.

Nothing good so far, just a new mark for my titan from the sisters and the rocket launcher from the warpriest, oh and gauntlets from golgo...

Hopefully Oryx will drop something nice!

Just got through the Door with a 293 and got a 320 ghost :)

On oryx now too, priest was worse bit. 313 gauntlets, 311 rocket launcher and 313 cloak.

Yeah..., finsihed Oryx but didnt get anything interesting, 2 same gauntlets and thats about it nothing interesting at all... pretty bad rewards tbh... not worth it at all for me although it wasnt that horribly difficult as I though it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 12,370 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Just finished it there, took really really long. We did up to Oryx on all 3 characters to get our highest light then took on Oryx at 311, 310,310,310,310,306. I reckon in 2 weeks it'll be very easy, we're just so underleveled right now. Up to Oryx is probably too easy tbh but Oryx is very difficult atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭roadie_2013

Hey,

I'm relatively new to the whole Destiny world. I had bought PS4 for GTA a while back and console came with Destiny. Played a little at the start but didn't really take to it initially. Then about 14 weeks ago I badly ruptured achilles tendon while trying to relive my former youth and with nothing else for doing but putting my foot up I gave Destiny a go again and now can't get enough!!

So after finishing the main storyline I have finally managed to get my hunter up to mid 290s and have a couple of questions before thinking of trying Kings Fall and the like.

Is 294 high enough and could anyone recommend a Kings Fall guide to watch that helped them? I found a couple of youtube but found them only alright. Also, I still only have the mic that came with PS4. Is that sufficient or do I need better before playing?

Cheers

Hey,

I'm relatively new to the whole Destiny world. I had bought PS4 for GTA a while back and console came with Destiny. Played a little at the start but didn't really take to it initially. Then about 14 weeks ago I badly ruptured achilles tendon while trying to relive my former youth and with nothing else for doing but putting my foot up I gave Destiny a go again and now can't get enough!!

So after finishing the main storyline I have finally managed to get my hunter up to mid 290s and have a couple of questions before thinking of trying Kings Fall and the like.

Is 294 high enough and could anyone recommend a Kings Fall guide to watch that helped them? I found a couple of youtube but found them only alright. Also, I still only have the mic that came with PS4. Is that sufficient or do I need better before playing?

Cheers

294 is loads for Normal. We'd a 293 with us in hard mode last and wasn't overly hard.

You need to join the Boards Clan 2 and then get a fire team together there to run KF

294 is loads for Normal. We'd a 293 with us in hard mode last and wasn't overly hard.

You need to join the Boards Clan 2 and then get a fire team together there to run KF

Joined the clan a while back but haven't really done much except for first night fall during the week.
    Seen a fair few posts about getting one going but have so far not joined as didn't want to be a drag on the team.

Joined the clan a while back but haven't really done much except for first night fall during the week.
    Seen a fair few posts about getting one going but have so far not joined as didn't want to be a drag on the team.

Just jump in. The best way to learn a raid is trial and error.

Get 5 other guys who haven't run it yet and go in yourselves and experience it. Don't put to much pressure on yourselves to beat it just have some fun and learn the mechanics.

Add as many guys from both PS Clans and you'll def find people to run with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭MerryDespot

First run - all around 304/5 with a 295 ... couldn't get past the war priest.

Second/fresh run on alts to grind up higher level drops for our mains (mostly with 306/7s but crucially nobody under 300) and it was fairly handy until Oryx (didn't attempt as it was 4am). War priest is harder than Golgoroth now in my opinion. Single gaze approach on Golgoroth is least messy and will allow you to finish before enraging.

The sisters are a joke they're so easy ... took one run I think (once Mick's connection issues settled).

For my sins I got 319 ghost, 318 raid sniper (now in my 316 1000 Yard Stare) and 316 arms. Hovering near 309 now on my main ... I haven't had a single exotic primary decrypt at 310 so my primary is only 302 ... I see an afternoon of grinding strikes with ToCs ahead of me!

Just jump in. The best way to learn a raid is trial and error.

Get 5 other guys who haven't run it yet and go in yourselves and experience it. Don't put to much pressure on yourselves to beat it just have some fun and learn the mechanics.

Add as many guys from both PS Clans and you'll def find people to run with.

Cheers.
    Btw, is the standard mic that comes with ps4 ok?

First run - all around 304/5 with a 295 ... couldn't get past the war priest.

Second/fresh run on alts to grind up higher level drops for our mains (mostly with 306/7s but crucially nobody under 300) and it was fairly handy until Oryx (didn't attempt as it was 4am). War priest is harder than Golgoroth now in my opinion. Single gaze approach on Golgoroth is least messy and will allow you to finish before enraging.

The sisters are a joke they're so easy ... took one run I think (once Mick's connection issues settled).

For my sins I got 319 ghost, 318 raid sniper (now in my 316 1000 Yard Stare) and 316 arms. Hovering near 309 now on my main ... I haven't had a single exotic primary decrypt at 310 so my primary is only 302 ... I see an afternoon of grinding strikes with ToCs ahead of me!

I'd say we could have beat the Warpriest last night but I couldn't stick around much longer so had to call it a night.

I'll be on later and I'll run a few heroics with you.

Just resetting my Xbox so hopefully once I'm back on the old dashboard the party will work fine again.

Cheers.
    Btw, is the standard mic that comes with ps4 ok?

Yea that'll be fine. As long as people can hear you and you can hear them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

I'd say we could have beat the Warpriest last night but I couldn't stick around much longer so had to call it a night.

I'll be on later and I'll run a few heroics with you.

Just resetting my Xbox so hopefully once I'm back on the old dashboard the party will work fine again.
    I'd say we would've got him eventually, I do think it was glitching out though. We went in again after you left and the ads were a lot easier to kill.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Anyone up for the raid on KF on normal? I have a checkpoint at the sisters, would like to get it finished before the reset on Tuesday and also before halo 5 is released and steals my attention :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Anyone up for the raid on KF on normal? I have a checkpoint at the sisters, would like to get it finished before the reset on Tuesday and also before halo 5 is released and steals my attention :pac:

3 of the lads now looking for some for the raid normal. They have sisters cp also. Wokenzehive is the gamertag if you are on xbone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

On oryx now, need one if anyone is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Swiped from Reddit:https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3q64cb/spoiler_easy_oryxhm_strategy_popular_post_was/
    Strategy:

Starts of as usual with 3 guardians on the outer platforms and 2 floaters.
    The 3 guardians and floaters get all four Ogres down to half (or lower) health but do not kill them.
    Once the Runner has the spark, the other guardians jump to the mid platforms (Daughters' platforms).
    Everyone groups up on the platform that faces Oryx (Opposite the direction of where Oryx slammed).
    Stagger Oryx then have the 4 platform-designated guardians shoot-and-kill Ogres from top then detonate bombs. Have everyone jump down in the common middle area (between platforms)
    After Detonations, continue shooting Oryx's chest as usual.
    Follow normal steps for Shade
    Repeat the new strategy for Ogres.

Strategy Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw3zP1-lnjw

How does this compare to the groups who've ran HM so far? Viable strategy?

• Advertisement

Swiped from Reddit:https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3q64cb/spoiler_easy_oryxhm_strategy_popular_post_was/

How does this compare to the groups who've ran HM so far? Viable strategy?

That strategy is easy and viable. Everyone in LFG is doing it now, I had no choice but to join a group who wanted to do it as 99% of the people out there are doing it right now (and because I wanted to give it a go).

Personally I prefer the strategy I normally use (kind of a variant to the normal blessing/middle strategy) but this one is easier, much easier as once people familiarize with the mechanics there is very little room for failure. And this is probably the main problem, that people with little or no experience can now complete Oryx on hard with very little effort (or at least not as much as with other strategies)

Done Oryx on hard 3 times this week and although I prefer the middle strategy that I use I will probably end up using this more often, specially if my team is not very experienced.

It is as easy as doing Crota with the top middle strategy... well almost!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement