Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

**NEW** DIT Accommodation Thread 2017-18

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mclmichelle

I'm going into first year in DIT Grangegorman this coming September and I'm looking for advice on where to stay (areas/ student accommodation blocks).
    There is a new block called Binary Hub which looks good and isn't too far from campus. Anybody heard anything about it? .. good or bad..?
    I would also be open to sharing a house with other DIT Grangegorman students if that's an option for anyone.. I will be studying Visual Communications so anyone in the same or similar course might like to live together..

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated as I don't know much about student living in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Rakish Paddy

I'm going into first year in DIT Grangegorman this coming September and I'm looking for advice on where to stay (areas/ student accommodation blocks).
    There is a new block called Binary Hub which looks good and isn't too far from campus. Anybody heard anything about it? .. good or bad..?
    I would also be open to sharing a house with other DIT Grangegorman students if that's an option for anyone.. I will be studying Visual Communications so anyone in the same or similar course might like to live together..

Any feedback at all would be greatly appreciated as I don't know much about student living in the city.

I don't know the first thing about accommodation on campus, but the Grangegorman campus is within spitting distance of both Stoneybatter and Phibsboro, either of which are great places to live if you don't get accommodation on campus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Possible DIT postgrad for next year, starting September. Aungier Street campus.

Where should I be looking?

Anywhere you can get something you can afford.
    Within walking/biking distance. Harold's cross, Kimmage, Rathmines, but don't rule out Stoneybatter and similar on the northside.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mclmichelle

Im going into first year in DIT Grangegorman this September 2016.

I have been looking at campus type accommodation but im wondering if there are any other first years interested in renting a house together...? I'll be studying Visual Communications if anyone is doing the same or similar course that might be nice..

Any other advice or tips for looking for accommodation would be hugely appreciated!!
    Or any comments on the course VisCom or the Grangegorman campus would be nice to hear also! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 1Caroline

Moving back to Ireland to (hopfully) go to DIT Aungier Street. I'd prefer campus accommodation but NCI is already fully booked, Griffith seems is very pricey and haven't seen many people recommending it; some places won't take booking until August. I don't know Dublin very well - any suggestions welcome! thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Harry Potter88

Hi all just wondering if anyone has any leads on student accomadation near DIT. Hopefully something affordable. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭MaroonAndGreen

I'd love to get accomodation sorted ASAP but it's proving to be very difficult to find anywhere that will take a booking now for September..

• Registered Users Posts: 2 small.c1smo

I'm also having trouble finding suitable accommodation... Hope to be studying architecture in linenhall but my parents want me to do digs which are mostly in crumlin or ages away! I don't know Dublin at all but am willing to cycle to college... It's so expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 michaelanm

I have a room to share . Hopefully going to DIT aungier street. Girls preferably around 18 to 20 .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 zachvs

Going to Aungier Street as well, price, location, single room?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 William98

First year DIT Bolton street student looking to share very large room with preferably two other males. Similar age. If there is 3 of us, cost will be 350 per month including all bills and wifi. There is parking, gardens, caretaker, secure location for bikes. The room will be kitted out with small cooker, fridge and sofa. For more info call 087 1934443

• Registered Users Posts: 21 carrots1

Do you have any photos you could send a link to it, we're still looking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭Baby01032012

William98 wrote: »
    First year DIT Bolton street student looking to share very large room with preferably two other males. Similar age. If there is 3 of us, cost will be 350 per month including all bills and wifi. There is parking, gardens, caretaker, secure location for bikes. The room will be kitted out with small cooker, fridge and sofa. For more info call 087 1934443

Is that 350pm each? So 1050pm for a room/bedsit.

Either way it doesn't meet the minimum standards for rented accommodation based on how you described it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I see this hasn't been used in a year, but I've just amended the title to be current so maybe someone will find it useful!

Advertisement