Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolute Drought conditions to end by Sunday, remaining warm, mostly dry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,079 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Some pathetic attempts at drizzle today in West Clare, not enough to even wet the footpaths. The drought continues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Pretty significant move away from a decent break in the drought next week. The rain looks light and intermittent and the drought basically continues

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

hawkwing wrote: »
    I don't see much on the radar for there..

I remember staying at my sisters house in Cloonacool in Sligo a few years ago. It had been dry for a while in Dublin and everything was parched (though not as bad as this year). It rained the whole weekend there with nothing showing on the radar.
    Needless to say back home in Dublin it had been warm and sunny - if its showing rain on the radar for there, its probably monsoonal by Dublin standards!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Fairly coming down in Galway now been on and off drizzle since around 10am but heavier now

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Started raining in east gakway now too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Rougies

Supercell wrote: »
    I remember staying at my sisters house in Cloonacool in Sligo a few years ago. It had been dry for a while in Dublin and everything was parched (though not as bad as this year). It rained the whole weekend there with nothing showing on the radar.
    Needless to say back home in Dublin it had been warm and sunny - if its showing rain on the radar for there, its probably monsoonal by Dublin standards!

Thankfully the northwest is covered a lot better on the new website because it now includes the Belfast radar

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Good rainfall in the night. ie audible rather then silent drizzle. Lovely to have wet cats again... Grey skies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Atlantic back doing its thang. Puddles East Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,290 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Doesnt look like this front is going to give much if anything in the South East, was really looking forward to it, my poor fruit trees and veggies :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Raining here last hour or so...amazing we on here giving rain reports like we do for snow reports haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭appledrop

Finally raining here in Dublin. Thought I was seeing things when looked out window this morning. Think it's about 6 weeks since we had any!

appledrop wrote: »
    Finally raining here in Dublin. Thought I was seeing things when looked out window this morning. Think it's about 6 weeks since we had any!

Glad to hear that.. enjoy !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Woke up and noticed the ground outside being wet from my window. I couldn't believe my eyes.

RAIN IN IRELAND? Global warming!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Barely anything in Dublin 13 since that Thursday night shower I had out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭positron

Wet patio here in Drogheda. Feels like we just got back from Spain after holidays...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭bloopy

Is the southeast going to get anything out of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,721 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

bloopy wrote: »
    Is the southeast going to get anything out of this?

Kilkenny is getting some, average around 1mm so far...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

NW and N could do fairly well out of this, E and SE very little.

5mm here so far from overnight rain, dry and overcast now, second front coming through late afternoon / early evening.

5O0gya4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

RobertKK wrote: »
    Kilkenny is getting some, average around 1mm so far...

Not a drop on the other side of the Blackstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,423 ✭✭✭weisses

We had a nice bit of rain in west Kerry ... was very welcome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭vistafinder

Nice bit of rain at the moment in west Cork. Never thought id say it but its nice to hear it with the window open.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Started drizzle in Galway yesterday morning around 11am and it got heavier as the day went on, very heavy rain last night and drizzle again now

eased off here and so has the wind.. sun trying to break through and the garden has been well watered...

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Farmer2017

So there a little hope of a breakdown ðŸ˜ðŸ˜... what ur opinion on August

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

3.3 MM in last 24 hours

North Cork / East Limerick area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Farmer2017 wrote: »
    So there a little hope of a breakdown ðŸ˜ðŸ˜... what ur opinion on August

It's raining all morning in most areas. The heatwave is broke down already?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,370 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

It's only a bit of drizzle and even though it will make little difference the farmers are at one in their reaction to this unusual event.

200.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Already?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,479 ✭✭✭giveitholly

There has barely been 2-3mm in most places

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,499 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Nothing but drizzle hitting Waterford coast, really dying a death as it moves east.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement