Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Potential for no weather today thread

• 19-11-2011 2:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭

So we more or less have a slack weather day, no earthquakes, tsunami's or volcanoes and of course no snow to shovel out of the driveway.

I've straightened by weather station mast that had been drooping for a few days and realigned it north south, changed the wild birds drinking/bathing water, put fresh food in their feeder and fed the fish in my tank.

So, I've had a busy day. And I've already posted in the current weather thread so what else is there today? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭bb1234567

yep its the least weathery day ever in dublin, partly cloudy, not much cloud but not not cloudy enought out to be sunny, absolutely no rain,clouds are a pale grey,not white not black absolutely no wind, really silent outside. temperatures arent cold or warm just in the middle=boring. its that kind of temp thats like nothing, cant go out in tshirt but cant go out in coat. very nothing weather here in dublin !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

I think I felt a slight breeze on my face earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Raining all day here, I'd call that weather.

Raining all day here, I'd call that weather.

wheres that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Redsunset

Plenty of rain here too all day.So the, In my back yard scenario applies for today,certainly not non de script everywhere.

• Advertisement

bb1234567 wrote: »
    wheres that?

Kilkenny.

And of course its IMBY, weather generally is . . .:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

One of those pray the grey away days.
    Weather channel video's section always a good past time when there's nothing happening here...few tornadoes and some snow in US last couple of days...

Not only is there no weather, there isn't even proper weather data:

181840.jpg

181841.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Wild Bill

Very unweatherly here in Sandyford today; no wind, no sun, no rain, no moon, November!

(apologies to the original)

The was a faint breeze about 2pm but maybe that was caused by me moving - and we had 0.2mm of something wet since midnight - but that was before I got up.

Since that excitement, the weather has ceased entirely.

As there isn't any weather this bit of poetry seems appropriate. I remember it from my long-lost schooldays.

I should explain that there was obviously a dense peasouper fog when he wrote it!

November by Thomas Hood

No sun--no moon!
    No morn--no noon!
    No dawn--no dusk--no proper time of day--
    No sky--no earthly view--
    No distance looking blue--

No road--no street--
    No "t'other side the way"--
    No end to any Row--
    No indications where the Crescents go--

No top to any steeple--
    No recognitions of familiar people--
    No courtesies for showing 'em--
    No knowing 'em!

No mail--no post--
    No news from any foreign coast--
    No park--no ring--no afternoon gentility--
    No company--no nobility--

No warmth, no cheerfulness, no healthful ease,
    No comfortable feel in any member--
    No shade, no shine, no butterflies, no bees,
    No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds,
    November!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

I actually left my weather station and travelled as far away as Blarney and drove all the way back into Cork city through Ballincollig and I saw no different weather in their backyards. :)

I was chatting on the CB to a guy Sicily and he reported no weather either and just 15° C, my car's thermo was showing 20°C ~ so it wasn't in his backyard either. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Snow in the very first post is what I call a good start :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Such a meh day.... Nothing exciting happened. I want this wishey washy weather to end, give me cold soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

BX 19 wrote: »
    Such a meh day.... Nothing exciting happened. (

Ye, I'm even watching planes divert because of the fog, somewhat an exercise in watching paint dry. Nearly bedtime anyway.

this is mid november and i want to atleast be able to see my breath soon :eek: never mind frosts and snow! this just isnt right, 15 degree low in dublin at this time of year:P

Sadly, we don't even have any fog here......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Be careful of what you wish for...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,430 ✭✭✭weisses

Even MTC forecast has turned into one-liners

Bloody paparazzi forecasting :D:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

real migraine weather for me :( I can feel it hinting at starting. Time to get the codeine stocked up, that may help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Just realised this morning that the tabloids missed a big story there....
    Weather Cancelled!

Weather for Ireland has been withdrawn for November 19th in a dramatic cost saving measure.....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 julie grey

Chilly here in Kerry this morning,at 8am it was -0.5 on the way to school hard to believe seeing as it was like 6 degrees at the same time yesterday,mild and sunny now bout 9 degrees,I think the next few weeks could be interesting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

julie grey wrote: »
    Chilly here in Kerry this morning,at 8am it was -0.5 on the way to school hard to believe seeing as it was like 6 degrees at the same time yesterday,mild and sunny now bout 9 degrees,I think the next few weeks could be interesting!

Welcome to Weather Julie Grey, glad your first post was in weather... :D

Advertisement