Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Google Pixel 4A - euro 179 on Vodafone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

are people trying to switch numbers with failed orders, I had mine ordered and received in less than 24 hours but I was a Vodafone customer already

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭joficeduns1

recyclops wrote: »
    are people trying to switch numbers with failed orders, I had mine ordered and received in less than 24 hours but I was a Vodafone customer already

I've tried both ways, both failed at least twice. I had to get onto Vodafone every time to confirm the status and cancel the order as they said it wouldn't be processed.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

I have ordered one for 279. Status is showing as open and there is an order number as well but no confirmation email received. Did anyone received confirmation email or did anyone received phone without confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

jusvi2001 wrote: »
    I have ordered one for 279. Status is showing as open and there is an order number as well but no confirmation email received. Did anyone received confirmation email or did anyone received phone without confirmation email.

Looks like you got a failed order. I've had 2 and given up. Hoping to pick up in store tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭baldshin

If anyone has health insurance with Irish Life, an email went out earlier where you can get €100 off the Pixel 4a using the Mylife app. It says for existing Vodafone customers upgrading only, but code worked for me ordering a new number. Order seems to have miraculously gone through for €179 total.

Wouldn't be surprised if the €100 off is extended to other Vodafone partners.

Edit- just got a dispatch notice too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

baldshin wrote: »
    If anyone has health insurance with Irish Life, an email went out earlier where you can get €100 off the Pixel 4a using the Mylife app. It says for existing Vodafone customers upgrading only, but code worked for me ordering a new number. Order seems to have miraculously gone through for €179 total.

Wouldn't be surprised if the €100 off is extended to other Vodafone partners.

Edit- just got a dispatch notice too.

Didn't get any email, don't suppose anyone has a code they aren't using?

KilOit wrote: »
    Didn't get any email, don't suppose anyone has a code they aren't using?

You don't need to have gotten the email. Click the link in the banner on the app. You need 2,000 points to get the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

You don't need to have gotten the email. Click the link in the banner on the app. You need 2,000 points to get the code.

Which one did you select? there are two options! one for upgrading and one for new!

flexcon wrote: »
    I cannot see this as an Irish life health customer. Strange....

Did you go to the Rewards section of the app to see the banners?

I didn't even have the Irish life app. I had the Irish life health account one.

Its the Irish life app. create account. you get 670 points. answer the questions you get 1100 in total. I then tricked the app by logging manually sleep hours from the past week, and I ended up with 2,100 points now. enough to get this offer

• Advertisement

Which one did you select? "exclusive switching or upgrading?

So yeah that worked.

Thanks bud!!!

Weirdly I cannot get the image to show up so here is a link for proof.

https://imgur.com/dF1CL8u

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

I would appreciate a code if there is one going.

bromley52 wrote: »
    I would appreciate a code if there is one going.

No codes. You have to be an Irish life customer.
    I will try and get more points and see if I can generate enough to get a voucher for someone. But that's for tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 965 ✭✭✭SnuggyBear

Nice one for this. My points seem to be broken, I have well over 2000 but it won't let me add the offer.

SnuggyBear wrote: »
    Nice one for this. My points seem to be broken, I have well over 2000 but it won't let me add the offer.

Force close the app and try again. I had the same issue. kept spinning

• Registered Users Posts: 12 knowkeya

Best of luck to everyone trying this. Managed to do it last Friday. Went through at 179 for a new number. Got the email confirmation and everything. Unfortunately it was cancelled and I was told it was a "rare technical glitch". Actually getting a phone from Vodafone after ordering online seems to be an even more rare occurrence. In my case anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

flexcon wrote: »
    No codes. You have to be an Irish life customer.
    I will try and get more points and see if I can generate enough to get a voucher for someone. But that's for tomorrow.

I'd love one if you can but I won't get my hopes up. My fingers will be firmly crossed though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

knowkeya wrote: »
    Best of luck to everyone trying this. Managed to do it last Friday. Went through at 179 for a new number. Got the email confirmation and everything. Unfortunately it was cancelled and I was told it was a "rare technical glitch". Actually getting a phone from Vodafone after ordering online seems to be an even more rare occurrence. In my case anyway.

Mine went to cancelled status too - no email or other notification from them, I had to go and check the status.

No reason for it to be cancelled - I'm eligible for discount and had a genuine code. Absolute shower of chancers.

AVOID / AVOID / AVOID - this is not worth the grief.

Ordered there for 179. Let's see what happens lol

• Advertisement

I'd love one if you can but I won't get my hopes up. My fingers will be firmly crossed though.

You don't need to be a customer just download the app and register.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Ordered there for 179. Let's see what happens lol

I suspect it'll get cancelled. I've contacted Irish Life Rewards to let them know of the problems with Vodafone. Anyone else with a cancelled order should do the same.

JDxtra wrote: »
    I suspect it'll get cancelled. I've contacted Irish Life Rewards to let them know of the problems with Vodafone. Anyone else with a cancelled order should do the same.

I didn't even get a confirmation email yet. Shambles of a website.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I didn't even get a confirmation email yet. Shambles of a website.

Calling the Vodafone website a shambles is offensive to the word shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭magnavox

How long were people waiting for a code after checking out on Irish life?

I realise they are getting cancelled via Vodafone but I'm still willing to try

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

I gave the Irish life code a try last night (yes I’ve now ordered this phone 3 times without success) and this morning I got an actual dispatch email and a link to an post for tracking. I’m still not convinced it won’t be canceled but there was definitely less glitches on the website when I bought it using the code. Let’s wait and see...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

magnavox wrote: »
    How long were people waiting for a code after checking out on Irish life?

I realise they are getting cancelled via Vodafone but I'm still willing to try

You should have got it simultaneously. If you go back into rewards sections on the app and click my transactions you will be able to see it there also.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭jusvi2001

After all the hassle i was able to order one for 179 but no confirmation email. so i doubt the order was successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

manlad wrote: »
    I gave the Irish life code a try last night (yes I’ve now ordered this phone 3 times without success) and this morning I got an actual dispatch email and a link to an post for tracking. I’m still not convinced it won’t be canceled but there was definitely less glitches on the website when I bought it using the code. Let’s wait and see...

Did you get a confirmation email with the order?
    Which option did you choose when ordering? New number or keep existing number and upgrade?

• Advertisement

I have an order confirmation and now a dispatch email too.

Fingers crossed

Advertisement