Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mubi 15 months for free!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

bromley52 wrote: »
    I think I'll pass as the movies don't seem like anything I would watch. I'd probably forget to cancel and get charged.
    Anyway I think I have enough with what I have

Netflix
    Prime Video
    Disney+
    hulu
    Paramount+ (CBS ALL ACCESS)
    HBO Max
    Peacock
    Showtime
    NBC
    The CW
    Crackle
    Filmrise
    Hoopla
    Kanopy
    Roku channel (original Batman and Robin Saturday morning memories)
    Tubi
    Pluto TV
    My 5
    UKTV Play
    Discovery+ India
    S Sports+
    All other UK TV Apps
    Plex

How did you get hoopla and kamopy working? Is there a way to get a US library card,?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

PreCocious wrote: »
    I'm already a Mubi subscriber and can confirm that this stacked on my exisiting sub.

Hmm interesting, I tried to do that with my existing account (exp. August 2021) and it won't work, tells me it's already in use and won't let me sign in. I had to sign up for a new account and only got 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭PreCocious

camz09 wrote: »
    Hmm interesting, I tried to do that with my existing account (exp. August 2021) and it won't work, tells me it's already in use and won't let me sign in. I had to sign up for a new account and only got 12 months.

I am currently on the £50 for 12 months offer (expiring in October this year) and I got the 12 months (and 10 days) to extend it to 2022.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

My sub only goes 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

This is well worth the effort, the selection is awesome.
    I've signed up for all the streaming deals on here and this is as good if not the best.

• Advertisement

After a week, I'm not impressed to be honest. I get buffering ( I don't on anything else) and I find the experience difficult to browse through. Maybe I was expecting different but I was looking for more things like the Spanish apartment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The Mubi app on my LG tv is awful, pretty much unusable, non responsive. Works fine on the Firestick though, so I've been using the app on there instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

bromley52 wrote: »
    I think I'll pass as the movies don't seem like anything I would watch. I'd probably forget to cancel and get charged.
    Anyway I think I have enough with what I have

Netflix
    Prime Video
    Disney+
    hulu
    Paramount+ (CBS ALL ACCESS)
    HBO Max
    Peacock
    Showtime
    NBC
    The CW
    Crackle
    Filmrise
    Hoopla
    Kanopy
    Roku channel (original Batman and Robin Saturday morning memories)
    Tubi
    Pluto TV
    My 5
    UKTV Play
    Discovery+ India
    S Sports+
    All other UK TV Apps
    Plex

I'd be interested in finding out if you got the 50% offer on P+? I am paying for it through Apple, couldn't get any card (Revolut, N26, etc) to work for payment. I do however use N26 to pay for Hulu, year sub with ads, totally worth it imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Doodah7

ibFoxer wrote: »
    I'd be interested in finding out if you got the 50% offer on P+? I am paying for it through Apple, couldn't get any card (Revolut, N26, etc) to work for payment. I do however use N26 to pay for Hulu, year sub with ads, totally worth it imo.

What's this got to do with Mubi free for 15 months??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Just checked my subscription details and it says "Your subscription rate is €9,99 per month. The next charge for your subscription will be on June 06, 2021."

Is this right? Can't remember what it said when I signed up for the deal. I checked my paypal account for the past three months and there's no payment taken from Mubi. Could someone check their sub details? Ta :o

• Advertisement

Checked and mine says 30-5-2022

TheDriver wrote: »
    Checked and mine says 30-5-2022

Bugger. Don't know what's happened so. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Bugger. Don't know what's happened so. Thanks

Mine says "subscribe now". I ended the Scribd thing after over 3 weeks but it looks like they rescinded Mubi too.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Mine says "subscribe now". I ended the Scribd thing after over 3 weeks but it looks like they rescinded Mubi too.
    I got rid of Scribd the same day and no effect on mubi

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

Sappy404 wrote: »

I had got rid of Scribd on the day also, and notice my Mubi sub seems to be gone also today. Was working up until a few days ago definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭onform

I asked Mubi customer service about this. They replied saying

"You receive a free MUBI subscription together with the Scribd subscription as long as you're still subscribed to Scribd. If your subscription expired, it means most likely that you are no longer subscribed to Scribd. Should you still be subscribed, please get in touch with Scribd, so they can provide you with a new code to activate your subscription.“

So game over for me. I see people on the hukd thread saying they've had their subs cancelled also. Oh well, got a few free months anyway!

Don't forget to cancel your PayPal account for Mubi or you could end up paying for next month!

Checked and still the same, May 2022

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

TheDriver wrote: »
    Checked and still the same, May 2022

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭camz09

Yup, they rescinded my MUBI subscription too once they checked I have cancelled my Scribd. Oh well! Thought I can stretch it to 2022!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Mine cancelled too

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭PreCocious

lertsnim wrote: »
    Mine cancelled too

Mine is still good. I wonder if it's because I already had a Mubi account ?

Mine was a new account and still active til next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Not content with cancelling my 15 months free, they've now charged my card €6.99. FFS

Mubi are offering a years subscription for €50 this weekend if anyone is interested. I don't know if they'll have another offer for Black Friday or if this is it.

Advertisement