Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

31-10-2019, 19:33   #91
mark_jmc

I initially though it was very harsh on him when the others got away less harshly.
However- the other 2 will be available to fulfil the terms of their contracts (Ie play football) while Keogh I’m assuming is unavailable to play for the remainder of his contract for reasons other than an injury through football therefore he is unable to fulfill his obligations under his contract. It seems that the club made an offer to him to keep him for the remainder of his contract at reduced wages but he refused. If he was sacked because of inability to fulfill the terms of his contract then I could understand but if they sacked him because of gross misconduct then I’d say they are on shaky ground- unless there is more to the story that we don’t know about

Last edited by mark_jmc; 31-10-2019 at 19:53.
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
31-10-2019, 20:27   #92
ArnoldJRimmer

People comparing it to an every day office job saying that 'he's unavailable to work for 15 months, they're not' are ignoring the fact in any normal office job, the two who are available for work would be immediately sacked as they both broke the law. Richard Keogh didn't
(5) thanks from:
31-10-2019, 20:28   #93
Andrew00

Sure he's a multi millionaire he can afford to retire at that age.

The man has been on thousands a week for over a decade
31-10-2019, 20:28   #94
Zebra3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnoldJRimmer View Post
People comparing it to an every day office job saying that 'he's unavailable to work for 15 months, they're not' are ignoring the fact in any normal office job, the two who are available for work would be immediately sacked as they both broke the law. Richard Keogh didn't
People in "normal office jobs" don't get sacked for breaking the law on their own time.
Thanks from:
31-10-2019, 20:33   #95
gimli2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra3 View Post
People in "normal office jobs" don't get sacked for breaking the law on their own time.
They do but it depends on the offence and the company. It would be unlikely in this instance.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
31-10-2019, 20:41   #96
Strumms

Quote:
True, not unless a subsequent certain criminal conviction might preclude you from doing a part of your job. There are some jobs say in the airport where you’d need a background criminal check to obtain an airside pass... if you were convicted of certain crimes it would compromise your ability to be security cleared, hold a pass and therefore do your job.
Thanks from:
31-10-2019, 21:22   #97
Zebra3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strumms View Post
True, not unless a subsequent certain criminal conviction might preclude you from doing a part of your job. There are some jobs say in the airport where you’d need a background criminal check to obtain an airside pass... if you were convicted of certain crimes it would compromise your ability to be security cleared, hold a pass and therefore do your job.
Which wouldn’t be a “normal office job”.
31-10-2019, 22:10   #98
Strumms

Quote:
Which wouldn’t be a “normal office job”.
Loads of pretty regular office jobs need that clearance, people who work in.......
HR, accounting, purchasing all office based management positions, to name only a few
31-10-2019, 22:42   #99
Conor74

Looking back over the past few pages one thing has struck me.

I think pretty much all points have been made fairly civilly and respectfully. People have disagreed, but without the usual drama and trolling that contaminates so much discussion around here. I wonder is it because it's a debate about someone who is not with one of 2 certain clubs where everything descends into nonsense.
Advertisement
01-11-2019, 01:11   #100
Hoboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conor74 View Post
Looking back over the past few pages one thing has struck me.

I think pretty much all points have been made fairly civilly and respectfully. People have disagreed, but without the usual drama and trolling that contaminates so much discussion around here. I wonder is it because it's a debate about someone who is not with one of 2 certain clubs where everything descends into nonsense.
You're right. It's been very civil and sensible. Nice to see.

I think everyone agrees that no one outside the meetings knows what happened, what was discussed etc.

I'd be very very surprised if a 'company' the size of Derby didn't follow procedure perfectly, as would be advised by presumably a top 3/4/5 law firm.

The media grab a few bits, offered lower wages, sacked, yet no substance or facts.

I'd be confident Derby are covered. But who knows. Time will tell better than the rag papers.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion