Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cross Pens

• 01-01-2021 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

I have an unhealthy obsession (fetish I suppose) with nice and fancy pens. Anyway, got an email this morning from Cross, that they have an additional 55% of some of their already reduced OUTLET stock. Just use coupon NEWYEAR.

Some odd looking pens in there but a few nice plain ones too. Been out of work for 5 months and starting a new job on Monday so I treated myself to a new pen for €25 inc shipping.

https://www.cross.com/cr_en_ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

I have an unhealthy obsession (fetish I suppose) with nice and fancy pens. Anyway, got an email this morning from Cross, that they have an additional 55% of some of their already reduced OUTLET stock. Just use coupon NEWYEAR.

Some odd looking pens in there but a few nice plain ones too. Been out of work for 5 months and starting a new job on Monday so I treated myself to a new pen for €25 inc shipping.

Nice!

Best of luck in the new job - great start to the year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

logically wrote: »
    Nice!

Best of luck in the new job - great start to the year

Cheers, its been a long few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Wolftown

Thanks for the heads up, I've also just ordered a new pen for under €25 delivered

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭SheroP

Looks like a great deal , thank you, two pens ordered for less than €36
    Thanks for heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

You can also get a further, stackable 15% discount code if you sign up for their newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,044 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Thanks OP, woke up this morning with zero intention of buying a fancy pen but glad now I did, lol. Had a couple of these over the years, quality is great, would recommend buying spare refills.

On a side not, couldn't get the discount code to work on mobile browser, worked fine on laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,436 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Damn this forum.

Bought myself a pen and a fountain pen for my son. Hope it helps improve his writing

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

AT Cross seem to be shipping from the UK? Do we assume they are handling the VAT element or will you get stung for customs charges?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭clevtrev

another stackable code for 20% off Xexec20 leaves these about the same price as a bic!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Thanks, got myself a nice engraved writer and 6 refills for €35.

• Advertisement

Damn this forum.

Bought myself a pen and a fountain pen for my son. Hope it helps improve his writing

Fountain pens are lovely for writing with.

Damn this forum.

Fountain pens are lovely for writing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

clevtrev wrote: »
    another stackable code for 20% off Xexec20 leaves these about the same price as a bic!

Just so people don't miss out on the full value:

55% off with NEWYEAR
    a further 15% off when you sign up to the newsletter
    And a further 20% off with Xexec20

If you do all that, it's 71.2% off already discounted items. Thanks OP and everyone in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,257 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Nice.. just got myself a nice pen delivered for €17

Gas

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭GalwayGaillimh

So codes I used were
    NEWYEAR 55%
    SAVE5 5%
    Xexec20 20%
    Plus the Newsletter sign up of 15% off

Si Deus Nobiscum Qui Contra Nos

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

Got 3 pens and refill pack for 33 delivered. Thanks

If you go over a certain value delivery is free, so second pen added was cheaper again as it knocked the 5 delivery off. Seems to be above 50 but that is the before discount price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Just trying now, NEWYEAR doesn't seem to work anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭lau1247

Just trying now, NEWYEAR doesn't seem to work anymore

Still works but only on the selected ones. If you click on the main page banner that says 55% off. You will get the list of the pens that is within the promotion

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭lau1247

clevtrev wrote: »
    AT Cross seem to be shipping from the UK? Do we assume they are handling the VAT element or will you get stung for customs charges?

Hmmm I'm kinda concerned about this too.

It doesn't say where they ship from but the return address is UK.

I can't find anything on their T&C either about taxes etc.

Doesn't seem to have option to allow cancellation of order either. Probably will need to call them on Monday to ask.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hhmmm?

None of the above codes working and got no mail with newsletter discount code despite signing up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

With the refills if I select ballpoint will any of the refills work with any of the ball points or is there different sizes,

Also with people mentioning the uk what kind of vat hit would it be ? My total is around 40

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lucifer

With Gmail the newsletter email went into promotions, not main inbox. Also check spam folder.

Vat would be around €8 and if delivered by An Post a €10 fee

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭hhmmm?

hhmmm? wrote: »
    None of the above codes working and got no mail with newsletter discount code despite signing up!

Just an FYI, all codes worked on a laptop
    Discount code went to spam.

Thanks OP, just got 2 lovely pens for next to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Does it take a while for the email sign up discount to arrive in your inbox? Been over an hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Does it take a while for the email sign up discount to arrive in your inbox? Been over an hour.

Did you click the link in the email to confirm your subscription? I received the code a minute or two afterwards.

hhmmm? wrote: »

are you on outlet items?

Lucifer wrote: »
    With Gmail the newsletter email went into promotions, not main inbox. Also check spam folder.

Vat would be around €8 and if delivered by An Post a €10 fee

really?

ah crap

Is that €10 a flat fee for An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

VG31 wrote: »
    Did you click the link in the email to confirm your subscription? I received the code a minute or two afterwards.

No, strangely I got an email saying I was successfully subscribed. I created an account and got an email about that too. But no discount code for signing up. Tried a different email too and still didn't manage it for some reason. Ah well. Would have only made a €3 difference so ordered anyway.

lau1247 wrote: »
    Hmmm I'm kinda concerned about this too.

It doesn't say where they ship from but the return address is UK.

I can't find anything on their T&C either about taxes etc.

Doesn't seem to have option to allow cancellation of order either. Probably will need to call them on Monday to ask.

it does say Cross Ireland but there's probably going to be a load of companies who have always treated Ireland as an extension of Britain that haven't really done anything to prep for Brexit

• Advertisement

Revenue seem to be saying that anything under €22 will not be subject to anything. Mine was only €17 so should be ok.

Advertisement