Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Eir Customer Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭bmc58

So am I warring my time using web chat to speak to someone as I couldn’t be arsed to be honest of doing that either

Well if you done everything by the book you have nothing to worry about.EIR seem to use these bully boy tacticts more and more to try and squeeze more cash from customers who have cancelled their accounts.Forums are full of disgruntled EIR customers and how they are trying to still charge them after they have cancelled their accounts.Comreg are full for the next 10 years with EIR complaints.Pay EIR nothing more.And if they send some "tough guys" to your home address to collect what they claim they are owed,tell them to get lost and you will have to contact Comreg.A bit of bother I know but it will eventually end.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭size5

IS there any way eir can be contacted? Have used FB meassanger on Tuesday someone asked for my information and haven't been heard anything yet! Tried to get them ring their sales line and still can't get through to them--any ideas OR email addresses?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

size5 wrote: »
    IS there any way eir can be contacted? Have used FB meassanger on Tuesday someone asked for my information and haven't been heard anything yet! Tried to get them ring their sales line and still can't get through to them--any ideas OR email addresses?

Approx 1 hour on hold to 1901 got me through a few weeks back and problem resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mickey_dodger

A bit late maybe, but don't forget to blacklist Eir for Direct Debits with your bank to prevent Eir reinstating the DD.
    Thanks to MOH (https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=53912) for this advice...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I'm usually pretty mellow when dealing with companies, plenty of patience given I've worked customer facing roles before and I understand things are a bit different these days due to Covid-19.

But by jaysus I have never in my life been as frustrated by the ineptitude and incompetence of a business before. There's woeful communication within the company, a complete failure of internal procedures, and massive ****ing hit and miss of when it comes to the person you eventually get through to on the phone. Over 2 months trying to get a resolution to a problem I have with these clowns.

There just can't be any management in the place.

• Advertisement

Yep CEO is less then useless.
    You could get her on twatter where she will say "email me and I'll get my team to sort it out". They never do.

@carolan_lennon or carolan.lennon@eir.ie

A couple of months ago or so, emailing Carolan Lennon resulted in a call from a supervisor level guy who tried to resolve my issue without success (or any callback) but eventually I found a workaround...
    Probably emailing the CEO no longer works because she is swamped with emails from totally frustrated customers.
    Same goes for contacting ComReg, worked for me in the past, but probably they are also inundated..
    However, having said that... it's better that people keep contacting ComReg as those complaints are officially logged and sooner or later someone in government will have to take some action.. i'ts not much but better than doing nothing...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

A couple of months ago or so, emailing Carolan Lennon resulted in a call from a supervisor level guy who tried to resolve my issue without success (or any callback) but eventually I found a workaround...
    Probably emailing the CEO no longer works because she is swamped with emails from totally frustrated customers.
    Same goes for contacting ComReg, worked for me in the past, but probably they are also inundated..
    However, having said that... it's better that people keep contacting ComReg as those complaints are officially logged and sooner or later someone in government will have to take some action.. i'ts not much but better than doing nothing...

This eir inept customer service is going on years,comreg etc aren’t really addressing it and won’t, until ppl stop buying they’ll continue inflicting angst

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I cancelled via online form, on this form it said once I cancelled my broadband my phone and e vision when cancel automatically but sure enough it didn’t.

Another hour on the phone. In fairness cancellations rang me to keep me not a hope!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Only logged when it is escalated to an "official complaint" and comreg do their best to get you NOT to complain.

You have to give the provider 7 days to remedy the situation and only then will comreg log it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Called Eir yesterday (1901) over 3 minutes of automated messages before I could even get to the option I wanted.

I was then told that I was in a 20 minute long call queue yet the call was answered about 10 seconds later.

You might just get the impression that they would do anything they can not to speak to you.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Acosta

A year after I switched providers and cancelled my account(they even phoned to acknowledge I switched) they are still trying to charge me and send me bills. The worst company I've ever delt with. And I've never come across so many staff working for the same company who clearly don't give a flying fcuk about whatever it is they're meant to be doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

As soon as you account is cancelled you can't get by prompt for phone or account number to question anything.

They charge you a full bill cycle even if account will cancel 1 day into next cycle as only runs once a month.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

What most people know about eir....really frustrating the regulator has no teeth.

Eir’s two-fingers on customer service (via @IrishTimes) https://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/eir-s-two-fingers-on-customer-service-1.4406562

• Registered Users Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I left EIR about 9 months ago, and as usual they took the last month as normal. For months I was getting an email stating my account had a balance of -45.16. So I had 45.16 credit.

Then last month, the usual email came in showing a balance of 0.00. I couldn't get through to customer service (does this exist anymore?) and found a place on their website to reclaim old credit. I filled that out, and they came back saying I wasn't owed anything.

Is it worth going through COMREG to get my money back since there is no way to get in touch with EIR direct?

Quazzie wrote: »
    I left EIR about 9 months ago, and as usual they took the last month as normal. For months I was getting an email stating my account had a balance of -45.16. So I had 45.16 credit.

Then last month, the usual email came in showing a balance of 0.00. I couldn't get through to customer service (does this exist anymore?) and found a place on their website to reclaim old credit. I filled that out, and they came back saying I wasn't owed anything.

Is it worth going through COMREG to get my money back since there is no way to get in touch with EIR direct?

Hi.. I have used Comreg in the past to force Eir to refund illegal charges they had made, which were for broadband usage beyond their 1TB cap (they had failed to remove from this cap from my account, which the were contractually obliged to do, just usual Eir incompetence). It took a bit of time and effort, I would say worth it for €46.15 and more than well worth it for the satisfaction. In addition, the more people who complain legitimately to Comreg (all complaints are logged and each one adds to the statistics), the harder it is for Eir to dodge the conclusion that their treatment of customers is.... (...words fail me...)

Quazzie wrote: »

Hi... forgot to say, first you have to complain to Eir, there is a place on their "support" website where you can enter a complaint and wait for some period of time for Eir not to respond (rather than wasting your time on the phone), then you can go to Comreg. However, they will then escalate your complaint to Eir and have to give them a period of time to respond to you.. so it can all take a l fair amount of time (weeks) but in the end I believe you should be successful...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

Carolann Lennon on Prime Time earlier regarding Eir's substandard service. As you'd expect really, admitted huge failures but blamed Covid for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

Still blaming HCL after 2 years. Absolute disgrace of a ceo. I worked in hcl and we had our faults for a number of different reasons but it was nowhere near as bad as it is now. Carolan is walking a slippery slope is looks like. Looks like a football manager who's just been given the vote of confidence

Also said Sligo call center is only a year old when it's two

Degag wrote: »
    Carolann Lennon on Prime Time earlier regarding Eir's substandard service. As you'd expect really, admitted huge failures but blamed Covid for the most part.

What stood out most for me was the comparison of Comreg complaints in the July to September period this year; well over 1,000 for Eir whereas Vodafone had about 10% of that number and the other providers with very few. Eir will try to say that they have more customers, but as of September 2019, Vodafone has 26% of broadband subscribers (including 40% of fiber to the premises subscribers), and 43% of mobile phone subscribers and yet 1/10th of the complaints that Eir has.
    This all goes to show how important it is to actually make a complaint to Comreg, rather than just complaining in the forums. Every complaint to Comreg counts and adds to the statistics to show unequivocally that Eir's service is really as bad as people say it is and the result is that their CEO has to appear on national TV to try and explain. That's the only way to get real change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

Hi.. I have used Comreg in the past to force Eir to refund illegal charges they had made, which were for broadband usage beyond their 1TB cap (they had failed to remove from this cap from my account, which the were contractually obliged to do, just usual Eir incompetence). It took a bit of time and effort, I would say worth it for €46.15 and more than well worth it for the satisfaction. In addition, the more people who complain legitimately to Comreg (all complaints are logged and each one adds to the statistics), the harder it is for Eir to dodge the conclusion that their treatment of customers is.... (...words fail me...)

Have had exactly the same issue, and is hopefully corrected now (taken about 4 months) -- but kept onto Eir, Comreg daily to keep pushing them to resolve .. both are entirely shocking organisations -- Eir need to be fined in the millions for their lack of customer care (only way to hit them is in the pocket) and Comreg need to do alot more to protect the customers .. Poor customer service from Eir has been going on for years now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

I also thought she didnt come across well on Primetime.
    Despite the presenter giving her an easy enough time she appeared annoyed that she had to explain herself and overly combative for somebody supposed to be offering an apology.

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    Have had exactly the same issue, and is hopefully corrected now (taken about 4 months) -- but kept onto Eir, Comreg daily to keep pushing them to resolve .. both are entirely shocking organisations -- Eir need to be fined in the millions for their lack of customer care (only way to hit them is in the pocket) and Comreg need to do alot more to protect the customers .. Poor customer service from Eir has been going on for years now

Agree regarding Comreg. Once they had alerted eir to my complaint they didn’t want to engage with me anymore and just tried to fob me off even though i still had some grievances left with eir. Wasn’t happy with them at all but at least it did force eir to deal with me

I am guessing they are overwhelmed with the influx of complaints.

HBC08 wrote: »
    I also thought she didnt come across well on Primetime.
    Despite the presenter giving her an easy enough time she appeared annoyed that she had to explain herself and overly combative for somebody supposed to be offering an apology.

I thought she came across well enough. Yes there was a slight air of annoyance/combativeness but as CEO she still needs to defend her company and to be fair she unequivocally held her hands up that there were serious issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Blamed Covid :pac::pac::pac:
    I had two and half years of trying to get them to fix my phone line which would not work and broadband ****ty, all while I paid for the service. At one stage they suggested I upgrade to the fibre thingy which I pointed Out had been done 18 months earlier.

Trying to cancel was a nightmare too and that was all about 2 years before covid. They are rubbish to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭HBC08

I thought she came across well enough. Yes there was a slight air of annoyance/combativeness but as CEO she still needs to defend her company and to be fair she unequivocally held her hands up that there were serious issues.

Can't agree with that.
    She was also badly caught out on the call times,Primetime had tried to call and it took 40 something mins,she defended this by saying that was because they called on a Monday? The presenter should have said "We'll try every day of the week and get you a real average"

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I don't know how she could try and defend that shambles. Once a problem starts with billing in that company it becomes a major issue. Or try to leave. Blaming Covid is a cop out - these issues go back years. Firing people in shops, and replacing them with people who had to go through all the training again.
    I had one guy almost ready for a fight as I stepped up to the counter. I gave him my best glare, and told him quietly that if he was going to be like that, be prepared to irritate customers even more. As tensions eased, I suggested he should find another line of work.....he almost broke down in tears, and said he was going to work unpaid for a charity as he couldn't put up with Eir any more.
    They treated the call centres abysmally, got rid of social media including Boards. And they insist on people holding on for hours when they try to leave.

If there was even an example of how to run a company badly, Eir is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,923 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Absolutely outrageous she was permitted to get away with blaming the pandemic, Eir Customer service has been a shambles ever since it was taken over by the French chap, it's basically his business model. It was very very telling Prime time were reluctant to push the issue, particularly anything pandemic related, may have something today with that recent Photo opportunity, Miriam looked sheepish from the outset

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

I do feel a bit sorry for IT/support in these companies. I imagine the general theme of meetings might go like this:

Sales - "We're aiming for 1 million more customers"
    IT - "We can only manage half that"
    Sales - "We're doing it anyway"
    IT - "Can we have some money to improve?"
    CEO - "No"
    Marketing - "Can we get more money?"
    CEO - "Sure. How much do you want?"

• Advertisement

HBC08 wrote: »
    Can't agree with that.
    She was also badly caught out on the call times,Primetime had tried to call and it took 40 something mins,she defended this by saying that was because they called on a Monday? The presenter should have said "We'll try every day of the week and get you a real average"

Every call centre has spikes. If there are an influx of calls at a certain period and not enough bodies able to answer them at that time then waiting times will increase. What she said was that on average wait times across a week were (i think) 6 mins.

Mondays in general in call centres can be the busiest day but there can be alot of factors.

Advertisement