Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone still waiting for stuff from China?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Yesterday I received an item posted via the untrackable small packets China Post service on October 22nd.

Got the refund for it last week :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

2 Dec, Waited until Friday. Tis now held in customs in an Post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

I order quite a few bits and bobs from the Chinese traders on ebay and Aliexpress, never had any problems before, items arrived in 2 to 3 weeks.
    But lately An Post really seem to be taking the piss...everything is taking at least 6 to 8 weeks to arrive even though tracking shows they arrived in Ireland around one week after shipping.
    Why the sudden change?...I can only assume An Post does not want to deliver those items as there is nothing in in for them and so are now acting the B******s to try to deter people from ordering them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

archer22 wrote: »
    I order quite a few bits and bobs from the Chinese traders on ebay and Aliexpress, never had any problems before, items arrived in 2 to 3 weeks.
    But lately An Post really seem to be taking the piss...everything is taking at least 6 to 8 weeks to arrive even though tracking shows they arrived in Ireland around one week after shipping.
    Why the sudden change?...I can only assume An Post does not want to deliver those items as there is nothing in in for them and so are now acting the B******s to try to deter people from ordering them.

I severely doubt it's anything dubious from an post. Also I doubt things are getting to Ireland from China in 1 week. I order please type from there and never had anything land in Ireland within a week even when I paid for faster delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

I had two items arrive into Athlone on Saturday from China. They were both delivered this morning (Monday). Maybe you should contact An Post and ask them what the hold up is?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

An Post aren't responsible for the items until they get here. Your issue is with China Post basically.

L1011 wrote: »
    An Post aren't responsible for the items until they get here. Your issue is with China Post basically.

I doubt it, one of the items shows up as departing Beijing airport 4 weeks ago...I doubt the plane is in the air with the last 4 weeks trying to reach Ireland.
    Anyhow its items shipped from all over China and Hong Kong, so unless the entire Chinese postal service has suddenly collapsed...then it is an An Post issue.
    All the packages do eventually arrive, but if others have not noticed any difference lately, then I am bemused as to whats going on :confused:.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I doubt it, one of the items shows up as departing Beijing airport 4 weeks ago...I doubt the plane is in the air with the last 4 weeks trying to reach Ireland.
    Anyhow its items shipped from all over China and Hong Kong, so unless the entire Chinese postal service has suddenly collapsed...then it is an An Post issue.
    All the packages do eventually arrive, but if others have not noticed any difference lately, then I am bemused as to whats going on :confused:.

Generally post from that side of the world doesn't fly direct to Ireland, it gets shipped thru plenty of countries so 4 weeks to get to Ireland at this stage of the year is very common with Chinese new year etc aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Was the parcel delivered to Ireland or did it depart to Ireland?
    Chinese tracking usually works only within China...

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

grogi wrote: »

registered post from china will show up on An Posts tracking page when it arrives in Ireland.

• Advertisement

registered post from china will show up on An Posts tracking page when it arrives in Ireland.

Hence my question - did the parcel arrive here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Sono

This is 100% an issue with the China mail, 2/3 weeks you were doing well to get it that quick, 6/8 weeks would be normal.

Chinese tracking basically ends when it departs China...An Post gives them a new tracking number.
    Anyhow its not just one item, its around 10 or so now....this has been going on since about last August and all do eventually arrive...but for years before that everything would arrive in 2 or 3 weeks.
    Just wondering why the sudden massive increase in delivery time, from weeks to months.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

There are no flights, cargo or passenger belly cargo, from Beijing to Ireland. It will have gone somewhere else and be sitting there - still under the control of China Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

The last few direct Beijing - Dublin flights didn't quite make it, something mentioned about running out of fuel I think.

Bit of patience required, the packages from China do a good few laps of unnecessary countries before they get here. They get registered with an post the moment they arrive and are scanned.

If you wanted something urgently you wouldn't have bought it from aliexpress or wherever anyway.

Sono wrote: »
    This is 100% an issue with the China mail, 2/3 weeks you were doing well to get it that quick, 6/8 weeks would be normal.

Ok so its taking 6-8 weeks for others also?...thats all I really need to know.
    Yes 2/3 weeks was the normal for about the previous 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

It's a volume issue too, probably on the outward end, there has been an exponential increase of online shipping from China. I would imagine it will start to cripple an post soon with them being forced to honour tracking requirements on all the parcels that come in..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,255 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's Chinese New Year, the entire country shuts for 2 weeks or more.

An lost provide the service that they get paid for, fast shipping is charged at a premium.

There an also be delays in customs when is out of their control.

You must be buying from there and selling here to be getting items that quick, most items I buy from there I nearly forget about they take that long.

Do you pay for more expensive shipping? Basic postage is pure pot luck when it will arrive

As another poster said if you wanted it quickly then china is the wrong country to buy from.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

You must be buying from there and selling here to be getting items that quick, most items I buy from there I nearly forget about they take that long.

Do you pay for more expensive shipping? Basic postage is pure pot luck when it will arrive

As another poster said if you wanted it quickly then china is the wrong country to buy from.

China Post registered used to take up to a month to arrive. Sadly that ended about 4 months ago and i would be happy to get stuff in 6-8 weeks now.

• Advertisement

Just ordinary stuff for personal use...mostly free shipping and a few registered.
    Previous I even had things arrive in even under two weeks.
    If you look at the shipping delivery times chart on Ebay you will see that items taking 7/8 weeks are considered lost and qualify for refund.So I dont think its considered normal

Just ordinary stuff for personal use...mostly free shipping and a few registered.
    If you look at the shipping delivery times chart on Ebay you will see that items taking 7/8 weeks are considered lost and qualify for refund.So I dont think its considered normal

But it takes ages for the items being shipped. It will be marked as shipped, but in reality it will be in a few weeks. Joys of buying in China...

But it takes ages for the items being shipped. It will be marked as shipped, but in reality it will be in a few weeks. Joys of buying in China...
    No in general they ship quickly because they know they are liable for refund if the item takes too long to arrive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I have never received an item from China in less than 6 weeks. As someone else posted, I too have often forgotten about items from China because they took so long. An Post are certainly not part of the delay.

I am posting based on my previous experience of aliexpress with free shipping.

I have never received an item from China in less than 6 weeks. As someone else posted, I too have often forgotten about items from China because they took so long. An Post are certainly not part of the delay.

Out of my around 150 approx items previous to this none had taken 6 weeks.6 weeks then meant lost...only now is it the norm here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 66 ✭✭troll_a_roll

Not all products on AliExpress and others are shipped from China.

I have received products within two weeks. Power banks shipped from Holland or Sweden for example.

I actually make a note in a spreadsheet when I buy something and I also note the date I receive it. Most things do take a long time of six weeks or so but some items come more quickly.

I received one item from AliExpress within three days! Shipped from Northern Ireland.

I am still waiting on one item I think from the 11-11-16 sale on AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

This topic is pretty well covered over here already:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057689533

Looks like anywhere between 60 and 90 days is normal for orders from Mid Nov16 to Early Dec 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Here too, stuff ordered before Xmas, still waiting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Items arrived today!
    Ordered 22nd November... longest wait I've had yet for an item.

Advertisement