Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shaw academy problem

Options
  • 22-01-2021 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭

I signed up for a free trial without realising that they were dodgy. One week in I went to cancel but they kept telling me to call a number. I explained numerous times that I can't use a phone or speak due to a disability but they just say that's the only way to cancel. They said someone can call on my behalf so my wife called. She was told it would be cancelled and they would send me an email but no email.
    Any advice?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Ginger83

whiterebel wrote: »

Thanks for that. It appears to be a real con.
    I don't know now if it's cancelled or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Did you give them any payment information?

daheff wrote: »
    Did you give them any payment information?

Yes but my wife cancelled the card.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

A cancelled card does not in itself prevent a recurrent payment going out - using the Account Updater protocols of Visa/Mastercard, they may just be given the new card details without you knowing

You will need to instruct your bank to block them instead.

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »
    A cancelled card does not in itself prevent a recurrent payment going out - using the Account Updater protocols of Visa/Mastercard, they may just be given the new card details without you knowing

You will need to instruct your bank to block them instead.

Thanks for letting me know. I will call on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭sugarman20

This company is the pits. There is a dedicated Facebook group for unhappy customers and they have some tips on getting a refund from them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/202403510916809

sugarman20 wrote: »
    This company is the pits. There is a dedicated Facebook group for unhappy customers and they have some tips on getting a refund from them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/202403510916809

Thanks for that

Advertisement