Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

arthurs day... guinness celebration gigs

• 15-07-2009 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

HI All,
    looking to find out info on whose playing where and where to get tickets for the guiness celebration gigs. iF anyone has any info please let me know as their website aint saying much...
    tanx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Line Up

Tom Jones, Calvin Harris (pictured), David Gray, The Kooks, Richard Hawley, Sugababes, Razorlight, The Enemy, Soul II Soul, Jamie Cullum and Kasabian are among the heavy hitters who’ll be in Dublin on September 24 for Guinness’ 250th birthday celebrations.

Spread across four venues – Tripod, Vicar St., Whelan’s and The Academy – and porter-loving pubs like Oliver St. John Gogarty’s, O’Donoghue’s, Mulligan’s and The Palace Bar, the Arthur’s Day line-up here also includes Noah & The Whale, David Holmes, The Blizzards, The Undertones, Imelda May, Hoarsebox, Mick Flannery, Reverend And The Makers, Noise Control and many more.

Tickets go on sale from Ticketmaster at 9am on July 23 priced €17.59 for the main venue gigs, and €9 for the pub trail ones. All proceeds from ticket sale go to the Arthur Guinness Fund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭bandy

Anybody any ideas of whose playing which venues?

bandy wrote: »
    Anybody any ideas of whose playing which venues?

I believe Kasabian are playing in the grounds of the Guinness brewery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any ideas where Mr Harris himself is playing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

wrote:
    Guinness today announced the line-up of artists for Dublin’s Arthur’s Day 250th anniversary celebrations on September 24.

The celebrations begin in Dublin at 17:59 local time with a global toast to Arthur Guinness to mark 250 years since the signing of the 9,000 year lease on the St James's Gate brewery and kick off the beginning of the Arthur’s Day global events.

Some of the music industry’s biggest names including Tom Jones, Sugababes, David Gray, The Kooks, Razorlight and David Holmes as well as some of today’s most influential rising stars such as Imelda May, Republic of Loose, Mick Flannery, Reverend and the Makers, Mystery Jets, Noah and the Whale, Jamie Cullum and Calvin Harris will be joining previously announced artists such as The Enemy, Estelle, Soul II Soul, The Undertones and Kasabian for the Dublin celebrations.

Over 60 Artists will be performing in Dublin and around the world including New York, Lagos, Yaoundé and Asia to mark this remarkable milestone.

In Dublin thousands of people will be coming together to experience the live music events in over 30 venues across Dublin from intimate gigs in 28 Dublin pubs to 4 other music venues and a concert at the St James’s Gate brewery itself.

Grainne Wafer, Guinness Head of Marketing, said: "Consumers will see artists including Tom Jones, David Gray and Imelda May in a Dublin pub for under ten euro, which is a really exciting prospect. Each of the four studio venues will have up to seven international and local artists performing live for a 20-minute set; before making an unannounced appearance for 30 minutes when they perform live in an intimate pub setting.”

At 17:59 in Ireland and around the world, consumers will be joined by Artists and celebrities including Sir Bob Geldof, Guy Ritchie, Carson Daly, Jerry Hall and Sophie Dahl as they take part in this once in a lifetime moment and raise a GUINNESS to Arthur and toast the Arthur Guinness Fund.

Tickets will go on sale via Ticketmaster at 9am on July 23.

Tickets for the four studio venues and the 28 Dublin pubs will cost €17.59 and €9 respectively.

Proceeds from all ticket sales will be donated to the Arthur Guinness Fund

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/guinness-announce-acts-for-250th-anniversary-celebrations-418820.html

Looks Like It be Random..I'd put my money on Mr.Harris playing Academy:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I believe Kasabian are playing in the grounds of the Guinness brewery.

Excellent, my apartment overlooks that. Anyone got a high-powered sniper rifle I can borrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Excellent, my apartment overlooks that. Anyone got a high-powered sniper rifle I can borrow?
    They are playing inside a building, Hop Store 13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Knifey_Spoony

This is going to sound realllllly pedantic....but are you able to change the incorrect spellings in the title of this thread, so that it shows up in searches?

I.e. Arthur's, instead of Arturs, and, Guinness, instead of Guiness.

I can't wait for these gigs.
    Pity there isn't one happening in The Olympia though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 DigItOut

where did you hear Kasabian were playing the Brewery??

DigItOut wrote: »
    It's all on www.guinness.com

@Knifey_Spoony - did you try a PM to a mod before the public post?

• Advertisement

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Will you be able to get an accurate shot as they chew their jaws off?
    DigItOut wrote: »

Heard this a few months ago from a friend in the know.

Heard this a few months ago from a friend in the know.
    It's no big secret, it's been online a while now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Will you be able to get an accurate shot as they chew their jaws off?

I'll do my best. :)

You can have a go if you like (in exchange for a Pixies ticket!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hi all,

Could someone tell me which venue David Gray is playing?

Can't find it on the site!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 d_dools

hey ive been trying to find out where Johnny Flynn is playing?...
    does anyone know?... making of a perfect birthday gift, dont want to send themn to the wrong pub!

cheers

Try getting in contact with the artists management if your desperate to find out.

Aside from Kasabian/Estelle playing in St James's Gate which by the looks of it tickets are all only for winners of various promotions etc..,

• Registered Users Posts: 44 d_dools

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Who is playing where won't be officially released, it's a surprise/pot luck type of event. Try getting in contact with the artists management if your desperate to find out.

Aside from Kasabian/Estelle playing in St James's Gate which by the looks of it tickets are all only for winners of various promotions etc..,

this might sound a little mad, but i DID actually get in contact with the management, and in fairness they replied but said that they didn't even have the slightest clue!

i appreciate that its based on pot luck but i still dont want to fork out 20 quid to go somewhere where ill hate the music for the night, if i wanted that i'd go clubbing on the weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Any idea how to enter the draw for the tickets to James's Gate? Would love to go and see Kasabian again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

Paul weller in the academy

David gray in Vicar St

some guy involved in the organising had the full list last night but i cant remember any more of it

eoinf wrote: »
    Paul weller in the academy
    Paul Weller is not listed as playing on any press releases or on the Guinness 250 website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

I'm looking to pick up tickets for one of the pubs tomorrow. Anybody know what the limit on the amount of tickets you can buy in one transaction is? can't find it anywhere

50 judging by the Ticketmaster.ie website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

Bluetonic wrote: »
    50 judging by the Ticketmaster.ie website.

Some of the pubs can barely fit 50 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

ive been following this for a while now

the gig in the brewery is not on sale to the public at all,its only comps etc

the other 4 big venues that are happening are vicar street,academy,tripod and whelans

http://www.hotpress.com/news/5716472.html

the line up for those 4 gigs is listed there on hotpress,announced earlier and on sale in the morning,theres loads of other gigs the same nigh in venues such as dorans and spy etc,the line up for which is never going to be announced and merely pot luck who ya get,im buying a ticket for dorans me thinks.......2 small bands will be playing all those gigs as well as a special guest from one of the big name bands listed

hope this helps everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

This is so annoying!! they could at least announce one or two of the bands that are playing in each pub. Fair enough if they want the special guest to be kept a secret. But I want to see Noah and the Whale and I don't know which pub to buy a ticket for. And you have to choose between going to one of the 4 'big' venues or the pubs. Great idea for a night but frustrating all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

the gig in the brewery is not on sale to the public at all,its only comps etc

How do you enter do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

anyone heard anything about the Kasabian gig yet and where to win?

re: Kasabian - it's all on the Guinness website.

Well bought tickets for Whelans anyhow, hopefully it'll be a good night out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Starmix

Bought tickets for Vicar St - The Blizzards and Reverend and the Makers - Delira :)

Advertisement