Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,359 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Remouad wrote: »
    People using addicting instead of addictive

I know it's technically ok but it just sounds & looks so wrong.

Seeing it everywhere today.

American food bloggers are the worst for that. And specifying "heaping" spoonfuls of things. It's fcuking HEAPED, you language-mangling troglodytes :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,797 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

4:15 PM and I have to put on the lights....(or sit in the dark) :pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Remouad wrote: »
    People using addicting instead of addictive

I know it's technically ok but it just sounds & looks so wrong.

Seeing it everywhere today.

And ‘healthful’ instead of ‘healthy’. Oh and ‘flavourful’ instead of ‘flavoursome’. ‘Normalcy’ instead of ‘normality’. All popular with Americans. These words are technically correct but they hurt my soul. :( I honestly was astounded that ‘normalcy’ was a real word. It sounds so so wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭Ilovethe bonesofyou

That's a subtle hint he wanted a jacksfck, if you'd have touched his foot with yours he'd have been in to your cubicle like a shot!

Never heard my bum referred to as a cubicle before Mook!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I'm playing this game 'Red Dead 2' at the moment and I think it's taking over my life.

I'm finding myself getting really annoyed by two of the characters, 'Dutch' and 'Uncle'. I find myself cursing at the screen when then they speak.

I'm also using western slang in everday life such as boy, sonabitch, varmint and terms such as 'he's a crooked as a dogs hind legs', 'he couldn't cut a lame cow from a shade tree'.

Think I better take a break for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

4:15 PM and I have to put on the lights....(or sit in the dark) :pac:

Something therapeutic about sitting in the dark though :3 :pac:

Something therapeutic about sitting in the dark though :3 :pac:

Agreed, but there's some things you need light to do - even just fill a kettle and make (Barrys) tay

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

The annoying student who lives in the room above mine and seems to pace the floor at 2am. I went up to politely say stfu and ended up saying will you get into bed, then felt like an oul one scolding a bold child.

Also, our house is divided almost into apartments, so there’s 4 upstairs and just us 2 on the bottom. The kitchen and bathroom upstairs is absolutely gross. The dancing buffoon above me is a medicine student yet is happy to live in that flith.
    If I was in a hospital and he was assigned I’d be saying next please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Agreed, but there's some things you need light to do - even just fill a kettle and make (Barrys) tay

Hmmm, true! we need the barry's tae!

Hmmm, true! we need the barry's tae!

Yep I couldn't tell if it was brewed to the correct strength in the fading light

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I can feel a slight ringing in my ear, quite annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Insurance renewal was quoted +£100.
    Shopped around one for almost £200 less than that quote.

I rang them and told them I wasn't renewing and that was the price offered, instantly took £180 off the renewal quote, the £20 difference is fine as it included breakdown cover.

What an absolute farce of an industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭selous

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Why do I keep waking up at exactly 4am to take a coughing fit? Have all the cells in my lungs conspired to stop me getting a full nights sleep?
    4am is when our body temperature is at its lowest so also when our immune system and defences are at their lowest

So probably a connection to that if you have some bug or ailment
    northgirl wrote: »
    That's mad. I generally wake around 4 most nights...

Meh, I'm usually getting up for my commute to work, well for yis to be still in bed....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Bad news on my blood results and I'm waiting on the doctor to ring me for nearly an hour now. Then I'm wondering will it be the
    morning before she rings. I can't sit still any longer :( Fck this having health problems, healthy people don't know how lucky they are.

Yep I couldn't tell if it was brewed to the correct strength in the fading light

Yes its very scientific process and if you get the brewing process wrong, it detrimental :-|

:pac:

Bad news on my blood results and I'm waiting on the doctor to ring me for nearly an hour now. Then I'm wondering will it be the
    morning before she rings. I can't sit still any longer :( Fck this having health problems, healthy people don't know how lucky they are.

*hugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

Feic. Hope you'll be ok.. thinking of you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭bubbles o hara

razorblunt wrote: »
    Insurance renewal was quoted +£100.
    Shopped around one for almost £200 less than that quote.

I rang them and told them I wasn't renewing and that was the price offered, instantly took £180 off the renewal quote, the £20 difference is fine as it included breakdown cover.

What an absolute farce of an industry.

Got our renewal quote last week for €680, I phoned another company and was quoted €360, fully comp. Shop around, or lose €€€.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

........The kitchen and bathroom upstairs is absolutely gross. The dancing buffoon above me is a medicine student yet is happy to live in that flith.
    If I was in a hospital and he was assigned I’d be saying next please.

'Tis a good job that hospitals are littered with notices reminding medics to wash their hands :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

This cold is actually never ending. I have forgotten what it's like to be able to breathe through my nose. It's just a cold, so it is trivial, but I am annoyed and fed up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

TG1 wrote: »
    This cold is actually never ending. I have forgotten what it's like to be able to breathe through my nose. It's just a cold, so it is trivial, but I am annoyed and fed up.

Have you ever tried a nasal rinse kit? Have used mine during my last cold very effectivly. Mine is a plastic reservoir with a kind of snorkel at the bottom which tilts upwards. I just fill it with warm water plus a teaspoon full of ordinary kitchen salt, shake it and use it.

During use you have to open your mouth to block the airways between nose and mouth. Using it might not be the nicest feeling but it will clean not only your nose but the paranasal sinus as well. You can use it easily 3-5 times a day or whatever make you feel better.

The open ones are less usefull. Try to find a plastic one which you can close completely and put a bit of pressure on. ;)

There is probably a YT video for the proper use for each product anyway.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,219 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Have you ever tried a nasal rinse kit? Have used mine during my last cold very effectivly. Mine is a plastic reservoir with a kind of snorkel at the bottom which tilts upwards. I just fill it with warm water plus a teaspoon full of ordinary kitchen salt, shake it and use it.

During use you have to open your mouth to block the airways between nose and mouth. Using it might not be the nicest feeling but it will clean not only your nose but the paranasal sinus as well. You can use it easily 3-5 times a day or whatever make you feel better.

The open ones are less usefull. Try to find a plastic one which you can close completely and put a bit of pressure on. ;)

There is probably a YT video for the proper use for each product anyway.:D

I suffer with my sinuses I may try that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Autosport wrote: »
    I suffer with my sinuses I may try that

I've a humidifier which is really handy and I only use it when I have issues with my sinuses. You can get them in Argos. The nasal rinse is approx 25 euro in any chemist and lasts for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Netflix isn't working :mad:

Playing chess fast and impetuously, being found out by an opponent who wisely takes advantage of the clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Too tired to cook, eat, pee?!?:o:pac: yawn, insert whatever.... Oh Chronic Illness how great thou feicing aren't. :pac: The muscles or maybe bones? in my Mouth and Stomach muscles are so un-believably sore too. Neck sore too this week but is getting better thankfully. I just need to get out of this daze now and snap out of it and try wake up and go find something to eat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Thinking of the 2 lads killed in Mayo and their Families.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭Shpud2

Not being able to sleep because of pain

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Cant sleep

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Still cant sleep

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement