Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

5 Burner BBQ €213 Homestore & More

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

Charlie19 wrote: »
    All bbq's half price in H&M for this weekend.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/barbeques/master-cook-classic-500-bbq-5-burner/invt/055913

Its not displayed on their site but I received a text with the offer.

But hurry:)

We bought the 6 burner, think it's an extra tenner or so, the 600 model

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Can't see this offer ,is it over ?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

sword1 wrote: »
    Can't see this offer ,is it over ?

Haven't started yet, people hat are registered with them get a text 3 days early that allows them get their specials early. If you head in and wany one, just tell them you left your phone at home, they'll apply the code for you

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭dubsuperstar

These are never worth the orginal price quoted. The half price is the right price.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭bikerboy_ie

These are never worth the orginal price quoted. The half price is the right price.

I would say that some of the larger 600 models especially the one priced at €215 are probably worth their price. certainly cheaper than the likes of Woodies, B&Q. We bought one 2 years ago and have used it faultlessly for the last two Summers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,711 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

We bought the 6 burner, think it's an extra tenner or so, the 600 model

I'm tempted to go for the 600 platinum @ €350 looks like a good grill for the price.
    0000267_master_cook_platinum_600_4_burner_de_luxe_free_cover.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

i went up and had a good look at these yesterday, I dont think the gas burners would be great, I would prefer a gas bbq that you put the coals into over these that heats the coals and then gives the charcoal effect.

What I did see was the 21" kettle BBQ at 70 odd quid. That was great value and a true bbq imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

Charlie19 wrote: »
    All bbq's half price in H&M for this weekend.

http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/barbeques/master-cook-classic-500-bbq-5-burner/invt/055913

Its not displayed on their site but I received a text with the offer.

But hurry:)

Any chance you could send the promo code - in the market for a BBQ this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

bennyc wrote: »
    i went up and had a good look at these yesterday, I dont think the gas burners would be great, I would prefer a gas bbq that you put the coals into over these that heats the coals and then gives the charcoal effect.

What I did see was the 21" kettle BBQ at 70 odd quid. That was great value and a true bbq imo.

You can do that with most modern bbqs, remove the heat reflectors and add the volcanic rocks. But if you want a real charcoal flavour you don't need to do this, all you need to do is buy a pack of BBQ wood chips, put them in some tinfoil, pierce the foil and place it below the griddle of the BBQ.

The volcanic coals in a gas don't give the flavour to a BBQ by the way, it's the vapour off the fats etc. that flavour the food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I still can't see this offer,could someone send me the code please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭erkifino

Tempted to go in for a look... No code though...

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Code is 053655

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

sword1 wrote: »
    I still can't see this offer,could someone send me the code please

The deal doesn't start officially until tomorrow but if you have the code they text you, you can buy 3 days in advance. Have to say I've never been asked for the actual code once I've mentioned I got the text. It's well worth signing up for the text service next time your in store providing you don't mind receiving a text once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kilteragh

Great Bargain Alert as I was in the market for one of the these. Went in to the Limerick store. Got great advice from one of the girls who knew her stuff. She told me that the most expensive one which was mostly stainless steel was less weather proof than the next one down and was €125 cheaper so that's what I got.

Code not needed as they are marked down. Flying out the door.

Thanks to the OP and others in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭dmc17

wigig1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭ccazza

Bought the 600 burner today too. Do I need to get another attachment to attach the gas to the barbecue? Which cylinder of gas do I need to buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭bazwaldo

ccazza wrote: »
    Bought the 600 burner today too. Do I need to get another attachment to attach the gas to the barbecue? Which cylinder of gas do I need to buy?
    You need a gas regulator. It connects the hose from the bbq to your gas cylinder. The cylinder you want is butane and you get them at most petrol stations or fuel depots.

ccazza wrote: »

The connection come with it. It's Liquid Propane that it uses. Not many places sell it but I found one in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

Jeez... how much is Gas these days???? I haven't bought gas since I used to do so for my mother for the gas hob when I was living at home !!!

Do you need to buy the cylinder first and then just swap it empty for a full one ??? Hoe much is that??? and how many do we need for the 500 model???

Lastly.. how long do they last for?? if catering 2 x weekly for family of 4??

Sorry for the questions... but need to know on-going costs as well!!

Masala wrote: »
    Jeez... how much is Gas these days???? I haven't bought gas since I used to do so for my mother for the gas hob when I was living at home !!!

Do you need to buy the cylinder first and then just swap it empty for a full one ??? Hoe much is that??? and how many do we need for the 500 model???

Lastly.. how long do they last for?? if catering 2 x weekly for family of 4??

Sorry for the questions... but need to know on-going costs as well!!

I got my gas two year ago in b&q for about €35 and we've probably used it 20 times. After lifting the bottle, it felt like it was still over half full.

Got the 600 model myself and its an absolute beast but its a struggle trying to move around our balcony, my OH thinks I should of got a smaller bbq.;)

• Advertisement

So.. is just 1 x cylinder of gas needed for the 500??

Yup just the one it splits to serve the burners and side ring.

Does Stainless Steel mean that it can be left outdoors over winter without rusting???

Does it come with a rain cover???

Masala wrote: »
    Does Stainless Steel mean that it can be left outdoors over winter without rusting???

Does it come with a rain cover???

I plan to leave mine out with the rain cover that comes with it. Having said that I was steered towards and bought the connoisseur-600 whilst the platinum-600 looks more impressive but is way more expensive and has more steel bits that would be more prone to rust over time.

• bazwaldo wrote: »
    You need a gas regulator. It connects the hose from the bbq to your gas cylinder. The cylinder you want is butane and you get them at most petrol stations or fuel depots.

These BBQs specifically state propane only.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,905 ✭✭✭dodzy

bazwaldo wrote: »
    Incorrect, on both counts I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

These BBQs specifically state propane only.

You can generally burn either butane or propane, once you have the right regulator. I have a 'propane only' BBQ, and I have been burning butane for a couple of weeks as I don't want to waste half a bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭brian_gall85

BBQs will work with either butane or propane, provided the correct regulator is attached.

Butane is generally cheaper and more readily available and the only reason that manufacturers recommend propane is that it's slightly cleaner burning than butane.

I've used butane without a problem for several years on a Weber without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

Bought one of the charcoal bbqs on home store yesterday. Got the 21' which is massive, fired it up last night and I can't fault it.

• Advertisement

WOW... went to see the Store models this morning - that 600 is a Beast of a looking BBQ!!!

For a €10 extra - it nearly a 1/3 bigger than the 500.

Left confused...... think the 600 is better value but would I need that for a family of 4 ? Also - storage for the winter would be a problem for both - as my shed is already heaving and how to get this in could be a problem going forward.

Anyone else buy one of these over the weekend??? Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Decided to think about it for rest of day.....

Advertisement