Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Free £5 Amazon credit

• 27-12-2018 7:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

DigitalWeek_UK_LPHeader_1500x180

Watch 5 minutes of Prime Video before January 6th and get the credit on January 10th

Ads don't count towards the 5 minutes.
    Option> The Grand Tour

FAQs
    Q. Can I watch any title included in Prime?
    Yes, you can stream any movie or TV episode included in Prime and, as long as you have watched more than 5 minutes, you will receive your £5 Amazon credit. Watching a trailer or other bonus content does not count though.
    Q. What products can I use my Amazon credit for?
    Your £5 Amazon credit applies to products sold and fulfilled by Amazon UK. Look for the "Ships from and sold by Amazon" tag on the product detail page. It does not apply to digital content, books, subscription purchases (such as Kindle Unlimited or Audible), baby and infant formula, alcoholic drinks, Warehouse Deals or Amazon Gift Cards. To use it, you will need to place an order of £20 or more (excluding shipping, handling, gift wrapping and other operating costs) and enter the claim code on the Payment Checkout page of the order form.
    Q. When will I receive my credit?
    You will receive an email with you Amazon credit on 10th January 2019.
    Q. When do I need to use my £5 Amazon credit by?
    You will need to use it by 11:59 PM on January 25th 2019.
    Q. If I watch a full series or multiple titles, do I receive multiple credits?
    That’s pretty creative thinking, but the answer is no. The promotion is limited to one credit per customer, per account.
    Q. Can I combine this promotion with other promotions?
    No. This promotion cannot be combined with other promotions.

Terms and Conditions
    These Promotion Terms and Conditions "£5 Amazon credit for your purchases on Amazon.co.uk when you stream any video included in Prime Video" are in addition to the Amazon.co.uk Terms of Use and the Prime Video Terms of Use, which you also agree to when you use the Amazon.co.uk website.
    Eligibility:
    To be eligible for the promotion, you must meet the following requirements:
    • Be an individual aged 18+
    • Be a legal resident of, and currently reside in, the UK
    • Be a Prime member
    • Either (i) not have previously streamed a video on amazon.co.uk [PrimeVideo.com] or (ii) not have streamed a video within the last 6 month period prior to the promotion start date
    • During the promotion period, you must (1) visit the promotional landing page located at url]https://www.amazon.co.uk/b?node=15641847031[/url; and (2) stream a video included in Prime Video (excluding trailers or preview videos) on amazon.co.uk on a compatible device for a period of at least 5 minute
    s

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Appears as though Irish people dont qualify based on the fact it says that you must "Be a legal resident of, and currently reside in, the UK"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

You also need to subscribe for a month so you need to remember to cancel I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Clicked on link and it says I am not eligible :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hogzy wrote: »
    Appears as though Irish people dont qualify based on the fact it says that you must "Be a legal resident of, and currently reside in, the UK"

Set your default as your Parcel motel/Parcel Wizard/AddressPal and it should work.

>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/a/addresses

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Davy wrote: »
    Set your default as your Parcel motel/Parcel Wizard/AddressPal and it should work.

>> https://www.amazon.co.uk/a/addresses

Just tried that and it doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kaji wrote: »
    Just tried that and it doesn't work.

If you meet the other conditions it should.

DigitalWeek_UK_LPHeader_1270x100_Step1._CB461236668_

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭kaji

Davy wrote: »
    If you meet the other conditions it should.

DigitalWeek_UK_LPHeader_1270x100_Step1._CB461236668_

Oh, I didn't realise that I needed to be a Prime member too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

• Either (i) not have previously streamed a video on amazon.co.uk [PrimeVideo.com] or (ii) not have streamed a video within the last 6 month period prior to the promotion start date

That's a bit pants. They must be touting for new business.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Not eligible. It probably doesn't help my case that I just finished my most current free prime trial month subscription :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I can't remember the last time I watched sonething, everything wants money. Prime is OK if you get student price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

rerer.png

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

OmegaGene wrote:
    It’s a shame amazon prime video has feck all content worth paying for, it could be a rival to Netflix but it’s failing miserably

I've been watching Prime this last month, think I was switched to the .co.uk site but I must admit I'm loving it. Watched Elf and The Wizard of Oz over Christmas, watched the full series of Royal Pains and I'm currently working my way through Parks and Recreation. I must admit that the interface is terrible, you really do have to go looking for things and the search function is a bit rubbish too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

I've been watching Prime this last month, think I was switched to the .co.uk site but I must admit I'm loving it. Watched Elf and The Wizard of Oz over Christmas, watched the full series of Royal Pains and I'm currently working my way through Parks and Recreation. I must admit that the interface is terrible, you really do have to go looking for things and the search function is a bit rubbish too

Brilliant comedy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

Sorry, you are not eligible for this offerbeats me i am a prime user`

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I am eligible for the offer but I cant find any bloody programming that's viewable in Ireland.
    Really poor service.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,120 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Zardoz wrote: »
    I am eligible for the offer but I cant find any bloody programming that's viewable in Ireland.
    Really poor service.

Try an amazon show like sneaky Pete or man in the high castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,536 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Try an amazon show like sneaky Pete or man in the high castle.

Thanks ,got it working using the Marvelous Mrs Maisel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Has anyone received the voucher? I have prime and watched a few movies but don't see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭djdunny

robman60 wrote: »
    Has anyone received the voucher? I have prime and watched a few movies but don't see anything.

Arrived for me yesterday morning at 08:32am from amazon-offers@amazon.co.uk (just in case it in a spam folder)

It's a code that you need to enter rather than a code added directly toy our account.

robman60 wrote: »

If you haven't got it by now, just ask customer service and they will apply it to your account.

Amazon contact us

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

I had a look but no email. Have contacted them now, thank you!

Edit: They've applied it!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭jc77

Got my voucher but unable to find anything at all that has "Ships from and sold by Amazon" tag on the product detail page.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭BArra

That is pretty surprising that you can't find a shipped and sold by Amazon, what type of products?

Advertisement