Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Argos RIP thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Frank03 wrote: »
    Reserved LEGO Star Wars X-Wing Starfighter Toy Building Set on Monday for collection - price €80.99

Unfortunately I didn't get to collect.

Went to reserve again today and the price is now €119.99 !!

€39 difference, crazy price hike Argos!

Probably in readiness for post Christmas sale where coincidentally there will be a near 40 euro reduction in it's price.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

anyone manage to get the gamer monopoly? Had pre-ordered, was hoping to hear about it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭shawki

sweetie wrote: »
    anyone manage to get the gamer monopoly? Had pre-ordered, was hoping to hear about it this week.

I'm the same. Ordered for collection but haven't received any text that its in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

shawki wrote: »

Ditto

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Ditto

same here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Also ordered a My little pony set and no text

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭macnug

Also ordered a My little pony set and no text

Ordered that for my daughter last week, email said it was for collection on Thursday, went in on Thursday and the girl just said its not in and probably won't be in. Portlaoise store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

Went to collect my reservation for some game, got told it’s not in. This is getting ridiculous at this stage, wasted my time and petrol :/

• Registered Users Posts: 40,102 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

uli84 wrote: »
    Went to collect my reservation for some game, got told it’s not in. This is getting ridiculous at this stage, wasted my time and petrol :/

Did you reservation email have a reservation number?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭uli84

Did you reservation email have a reservation number?

Yeah, had the number, went to the counter with it and was told that it’s not in :/ forgetting time&petrol, also was a Christmas pressie :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

shawki wrote: »

without the confirmation text you're wasting your time going near them. Most of us have learnt that now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭embraer170

Would they send a confirmation email if you didn't provide a phone number?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

embraer170 wrote: »
    Would they send a confirmation email if you didn't provide a phone number?

Yes

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Dirtdrifter

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Apparently this Lego is reduced from €199.99 down to €20.99

Edit: not sure if it is Lego

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

loki7777 wrote: »

Cheers Not a bargain either at €19.99 or €199.99

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Do the individual Argos stores have their own phone numbers?
    If you go onto Argos website and click on ‘contact us’ it only shows one generic phone number....ring it and you can only talk to a ‘computer’....no human option.
    The product I am looking up is out of stock all over Ireland.It is a Smartband,know someone who got one recently in Argos so I doubt if they are discontinued.
    So wanted to ring nearest store to see if they can order it in?...Can this be done?

Thanks for any replies.

If you go onto Argos website and click on ‘contact us’ it only shows one generic phone number....ring it and you can only talk to a ‘computer’....no human option.
    The product I am looking up is out of stock all over Ireland.It is a Smartband,know someone who got one recently in Argos so I doubt if they are discontinued.
    So wanted to ring nearest store to see if they can order it in?...Can this be done?

Thanks for any replies.

No it can’t be done, check back next week and there might be an expected date of when the new stock will come in

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Bill nye

Most will show up as Atlantic Dawn pointed out. As an aside I got a phone call from an argos store yesterday asking if I would be in to collect a reservation as they had a customer looking to buy the same item but no stock left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭brodsy

Thanks for any replies.

I just googled my local store- Killarney- & the telephone number is listed for it- you may be able to find your local store if you have an old receipt- it's probably listed on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

OmegaGene wrote: »
    No it can’t be done, check back next week and there might be an expected date of when the new stock will come in

Thanks.....do they generally say on the website if a product is being discontinued?.......
    Would go sussing out other Smartbands if I thought that the one I’m after was not just out of stock but actually not being ordered back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,446 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was just about to post that. I'll be grabbing that tomorrow myself....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

positron wrote: »
    While slightly more expensive, this Aldi set is way better value (reviewed well on hardness etc as well)

https://www.aldi.ie/100-piece-screwdriver-and-bit-set/p/097112258058900

Just picked up the Stanley set, but think I'll return it and get this Aldi one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ricko187

Is the amazon firestick the new 4k model or and older model? https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8798723/Trail/searchtext>Firestick.htm

It says 4k in the description but I'm not convinced.

ricko187 wrote: »
    Is the amazon firestick the new 4k model or and older model? https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8798723/Trail/searchtext>Firestick.htm

It says 4k in the description but I'm not convinced.

Your link doesn’t work

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

degsie wrote: »

Doesn't work either but this one should

https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=14551&langId=111&searchTerms=8798723&authToken=

It says 4k you would assume it is but considering they're selling on amazon direct for £49.99 I'd imagine it's the first gen. In saying that I know nadda about the things.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079QB9BD7/ref=fs_mn

Best to get it from amazon really but no harm buying it and looking at the box and if it’s not 4K hand it back, Argos have a good refund policy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

I'll be picking one up if it's the 4k model. Will go in and ask in my local tomorrow.

Advertisement