Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.

Lenovo Watch 9 (Bluetooth Smartwatch) - €22 delivered [Rosegal]

12346»

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

AAAAAAAAA wrote: »
    It can never go head to head with, say, a samsung gear, but if you want something that buzzes when you get a text and counts your steps then this is actually a grand little product. I haven't had more issues with it losing time either.

My phone does all of these things, and I need it to operate this watch !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 alank90

does this have a stopwatch built in?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,126 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

alank90 wrote: »
    does this have a stopwatch built in?

it doesnt

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Lads, the mother wants a pedometer, is it accurate on this? Other smart watch functions not necessary

Can the watch keep the number of steps without being connected to the phone or does it need Bluetooth connection at all times?

heya - I turned off my bluetooth the other day - its recording steps alright (not sure of accuracy mind you) - you have to set the amount you want to do in the app and the watch tells you the percentage completed on the dial.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

So far loving the watch, no skin reactions to the strap, records me footsteps daily, alerts me to calls and messages and gives me a cattle prod every 30 mins during the day, glass is scratch proof, and keeps time accurately.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

curranbaz wrote: »
    Anyone find they have 2 keep adjusting the time? I like the look of the watch but the fact I have 2 keep correcting the time is turning me off it!

Oh and my skin seems 2 have a slight reaction 2 the strap! Had a mi band 2 & was very happy with it from a performance point of view but preferred the look of a traditional watch! Thinking of getting a mi band 3 unless someone can recommend a traditional looking smart watch that doesnt need 2 b charged every other day!

I have a pebble 2 that I charge once every 10 days. Great watch although "officially" no longer supported. But all apps still work fine, as does voice recognition.

Great being able to respond to WhatsApp messages using my voice, particularly when I'm out on the water surfing and my phone is wrapped up in a waterproof bag.

Got mine for about €70

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Whats the story with the app upgrade trying to load uograde to 2.3.0. It is looking for permission to add the upgrade from an unknown source. I dont like that.
    Is there any way to avoid it?

I dont feel the need to raise my wrist to get a light on the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

ams wrote: »
    heya - I turned off my bluetooth the other day - its recording steps alright (not sure of accuracy mind you) - you have to set the amount you want to do in the app and the watch tells you the percentage completed on the dial.

Just to update on this the watch stopped after a couple of days of no bluetooth!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭curranbaz

mrcheez wrote: »
    I have a pebble 2 that I charge once every 10 days. Great watch although "officially" no longer supported. But all apps still work fine, as does voice recognition.

Great being able to respond to WhatsApp messages using my voice, particularly when I'm out on the water surfing and my phone is wrapped up in a waterproof bag.

Got mine for about €70

Thanks for the suggestion but looking for something with a classic watch face but some added smarts! Previously had a mi band 2 (which was great) & considered upgrading to a mi band 3 but prefer the classic watch stylings like the Lenovo but the quirks are starting to get on my tits!

Was thinking of something like the Nokia Steel/HR but theyre not cheap & the fact Nokia have sold off that division makes me nervous that there wouldnt b any updates to the app/firmware!

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi
    I have mi band 2 and this watch and I can see much difference in steps count.
    See attached.

Tom

Hi
    See attached.

Tom

Is the watch synching? the screenshot suggests you didnt sleep last night. Which is what is shows for me first thing in the morning before i synch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭sector_000

Hi
    See attached.

Tom

Yep... for me MiBand 2 shows higher step counts... but puzzlingly longer deep sleep.
    I'm right handed and wear MiBand 2 on RHS, lenovo on LHS... that's likely a factor for day time movement.
    However I consider both to only provide relative information... not absolutely accurate.

Is the watch synching? the screenshot suggests you didnt sleep last night. Which is what is shows for me first thing in the morning before i synch it.

I don't sleep during the night.
    Otherwise it does sync.

Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Agent_47 wrote: »
    Its a nice watch and works fine, got a second and junior who is hard to please says its "decent" as the app makes it very useful.
    Hope my junior appreciates his ,have it to him last night,tech freak,so I'm sure today I'll get a full time down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Smallie got it up n running,within 10 minutes,no sweat pairing etc to his Nokia 7 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jaysus... any idea why my watch started suddenly vibrating, every 2 seconds or so, and then my phone's alarm went off at 4am? I know there's a smart alarm thing but I've that set for 8.20am in the morning and it hasn't done anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrickpc

Hi -

I just set up my watch and it seems to work OK for notifying me of text messages and phone calls on my iPhone.

Is there any way to get it to notify me of new emails in my iPhone inbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Has the app been removed from the Playstore or something? Can't find it under 'Lenovo Watch App', 'Lenovo Watch 9'. :(

Caryatnid wrote: »
    Has the app been removed from the Playstore or something? Can't find it under 'Lenovo Watch App', 'Lenovo Watch 9'. :(

check https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107556803&postcount=120

• Registered Users Posts: 40 malvec

I see one user, on about page 6, posted the query re Binding.
    I have the same question on how to do it.

I am using the watch on IOS, have email registered watch, connected to watch, calibrated watch etc all OK. The only issue I am having is the "Invalid Number" when trying to "Bind" the watch to my phone.

Has anyone done this and is there a extra step /trick.

Thanks Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Pique

OK only got the watch last night and it's borked already.

Had it synced last night but it stopped working at 4am. Synced it up again and a couple of hours later it lost connection. When I tried to reconnect it there was a firmware update which I tried and it's fooked. Watch has stopped, and when I try to pair it the entry is 'DfuTarg' instead of 'Watch 9'. The app tried to pair but pressing the button or shaking the watch does nothing. I pulled the battery to see if that would reset it but no joy. Uninstalled and reinstalled the app but still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Try extending the time on your phone before it powers down.

I had frequent problems with my Pebble losing it's connection to my phone, but I extended the time before the phone powers down to about 10 mins and, for whatever reason, the Pebble never loses it's connection - even when the phone is powered down manually.

Bizarre.

step counter and sleep checker straight up random number garbage tbh.

nice watch but doesnt actually do anything it says it does

app is v much in test mode too

step counter and sleep checker straight up random number garbage tbh.

nice watch but doesnt actually do anything it says it does

app is v much in test mode too

Well i dont have anything to compare it against but the step counter seems accurate enough. If i look at the app while i am walking along i can see it going up. The sleep counter usually matches with what i expect as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

Well i dont have anything to compare it against but the step counter seems accurate enough. If i look at the app while i am walking along i can see it going up. The sleep counter usually matches with what i expect as well.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

Does anybody have an APP for this watch? Mine is ticking away but I can't set the time.

pjq wrote: »
    Does anybody have an APP for this watch? Mine is ticking away but I can't set the time.

https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/lenovo-group/lenovo-watch/lenovo-watch-1-4-5-release/

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pjq

Thanks Somebody, that worked well.

pjq wrote: »
    Thanks Somebody, that worked well.

You welcome.

I drop mine and now all hands on the watch shows where Earth is.

Tom