Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Superdry Sale

• 27-12-2016 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

http://www.superdry.com
    Limited selection but think you will find something you like, if you are into this brand. Free delivery. 50% off certain lines. I bought a few things last year also in their sale. Top quality in my experience.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

For anyone who hasn't bought Superdry stuff, be aware their sizes are very small.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭DopeTech

colm_mcm wrote: »
    For anyone who hasn't bought Superdry stuff, be aware their sizes are very small.

I second this. If you're a medium elsewhere you'll be xl in superdry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭ Joaquin Witty Rationalism

Hoodies seem true to size, (I hope!) but XL would fit a med/large

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭chris1970

Rashers72 wrote: »
    http://www.superdry.com
    Limited selection but think you will find something you like, if you are into this brand. Free delivery. 50% off certain lines. I bought a few things last year also in their sale. Top quality in my experience.

whats the clothes fit like in general, true to size or asian sizes? eg xl= large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

Agreed on the sizes. Really important to use their size guides which are a good guide for this brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

It started Xmas eve I spent a nice few bob and got a lot of stuff at 50% off...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Is there a European site? It's coming up in dollars for me, are people buying from the US and if so will customs be an issue?

Is there a European site? It's coming up in dollars for me, are people buying from the US and if so will customs be an issue?
    My link is to the European site, so unless you have cookies set for US for some other reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

My link is to the European site, so unless you have cookies set for US for some other reason?

On laptop now and it goes to European site but on mobile it went to the US site. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Snipp

chris1970 wrote: »
    whats the clothes fit like in general, true to size or asian sizes? eg xl= large

asian. also beware if you are anyway broad in the shoulders or back as in my experience the clothes just do not fit. i would normally buy medium or large with other brands however i managed to rip the back of a xl superdry jacket be bending down too aggressively.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Got this in the Kildare Village store yesterday.

Snipp wrote: »
    asian.
    I thought they are based in Manchester, and it's all just marketing about the Japanese connection...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,380 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I thought they are based in Manchester, and it's all just marketing about the Japanese connection...

Yep, the Japanese text is just from google translate or similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

FrostyJim wrote: »
    I second this. If you're a medium elsewhere you'll be xl in superdry.

I would say if you are a medium go for large.

Saying that though, I bought a Large jacket last year and it fits perfectly when only wearing a shirt underneath. I usually buy Large.

If I went up one size I could probably wear it with a hoodie but I never need to since its warm enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭140490

Esse85 wrote: »
    Got this in the Kildare Village store yesterday.

Would love that if you not using it !

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Got a polo shirt as a present.XL and it must be made for anorexic dwarves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

Interesting from Wikipedia

The company's products include frequently meaningless excerpts of Japanese text, inspired by the common Japanese practice of placing decorative English text on items to increase their fashionability and appeal, a phenomenon known as Engrish. The company explained to a Japanese television crew in 2011 that they deliberately use simple machine translation to generate Japanese text, and that they are aware that the texts often have no meaning.[13] The Japanese text incorporated in the brand's logo—極度乾燥(しなさい) (kyokudo kansō (shinasai)?)—literally translates as "Extreme dry (Do it)",

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Anyone know how I can get one of these vouchers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone know how I can get one of these vouchers ?

I think you needed to have spent a good bit in Superdry to get them,the sister has a few.You can guess by that she spent a fair few bob in Kildare Village.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Walked into Superdry in Cork Christmas Eve and asked yer man about the vouchers. He handed me over 8 of the things.
    Can be used with gift vouchers, so a €100 gift voucher will get you €150 worth of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Snipp wrote: »
    asian.

100℅ what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

I'd love to see something like this again

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Neue-Herren-Superdry-Jacken-Versch-Modelle-und-Farben-/152009347397

Got it here on bargain alerts. Love the jacket. But don't see anything as good a value in the sale right now. But could have missed the good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

cronos wrote: »
    I'd love to see something like this again

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Neue-Herren-Superdry-Jacken-Versch-Modelle-und-Farben-/152009347397

Got it here on bargain alerts. Love the jacket. But don't see anything as good a value in the sale right now. But could have missed the good stuff.

Aye that's the one I got. My favourite jacket. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Esse85

Regarding the vouchers, they were handing them out as you walked into the store.

I assume that applies to items on sale, brilliant promotion if so, place was too busy when I was there to try buy something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I got the 50 voucher today - walked in and asked for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

mrcheez wrote: »
    Aye that's the one I got. My favourite jacket. :)

I'd love one it's a lovely jacket!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Snipp

Yeh its a British company but the sizing is still asian

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Esse85 wrote: »
    Regarding the vouchers, they were handing them out as you walked into the store.

I assume that applies to items on sale, brilliant promotion if so, place was too busy when I was there to try buy something.

Yep used it yesterday on sale items without a problem!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Used 2 today on sale items.
    Did 2 seperate transactions. First was €151, second €152. Reduced to €101 and €102 respectively.
    Considering everything I bought was 50% off, that's €600 worth of stuff purchased for €200.
    Also handed a spare voucher to a young fella that was buying a jacket for €100. Explained that he can basically pick up €50 worth of stuff for free with the voucher, and he went away happy out.

#TheSeasonOfGiving

Advertisement