Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-08-2020, 21:01   #241
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laois_Man View Post
otters

I grew up beside a river and to keep me too afraid to wonder down to the water, everyone used to tell me the otters would chase me, catch me and drag me into the river!

And goats!
According to Chinese Astrology

The Water Goat is an example of the most peaceful and harmless creature in the world
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
07-08-2020, 23:33   #242
Feenix

Wurzel Gummage. The c**t.
(2) thanks from:
08-08-2020, 00:21   #243
Morleystreet

Happy Haloween Silver Shamrock scared the living day lights out of me.

"It's still running on Chanel 3, stop it, stop it, stop it. "
I was literally praying for them to stop the add.
Thanks from:
08-08-2020, 00:30   #244
Aongus Von Bismarck

The Soviet Union.
08-08-2020, 01:13   #245
Potential-Monke

The Skull from The Last Unicorn. The sound of his bones and him "drinking"... Used to terrify my in my dreams. Wasn't helped that I suffered from Glandular Fever once a year when I was younger, and during the bouts of hallucination, this coont was always standing above me, touching my arms, laughing. I could feel the roughness of his bones... Even now I shudder at the thought...

Advertisement
08-08-2020, 01:15   #246
copeyhagen

the thoughts of a flu like pandemic, that the government got complete control over the people and told them what to do, while drip feeding information to keep the public scared of something, that 90% of people dont need to worry about...

that was just me though.
08-08-2020, 02:50   #247
Capt'n Midnight
00:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aongus Von Bismarck View Post
The Soviet Union.
How did that old Intourist slogan go ?

"Visit the Soviet Union, before the Soviet Union visits you"
08-08-2020, 09:01   #248
Hamsterchops

Doctor Who - Cybermen (1970s type)

Daleks didn't scare me so much, but the Cybermen had me checking under the bed and hiding behind the sofa.
(4) thanks from:
08-08-2020, 14:10   #249
ilovesmybrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
Wurzel Gummage. The c**t.
That bugger scared the bejesus out of me as a kid. I remember seeing a box set in some video shop in Dublin about twelve years ago and almost had 'Nam like flashbacks to hiding behind the couch as a kid whenever that came on!
Thanks from:
Advertisement
10-08-2020, 20:43   #250
Tony EH

This bastard...

The bane of my single figure childhood. Every nightmare he infected and the only way I could get rid of him was with a loud scream. He became a kind of fixation for kid me, cos I knew that when a dream turned bad, he'd be showing up soon.
(3) thanks from:
10-08-2020, 20:52   #251
Tony EH

Quote:
Originally Posted by emo72 View Post
Space 1999 dragons domain episode. How the **** did this pass the censor for children's TV. Oh yeah we had to censor out the suggestion of a nipple on TV, but tentacled life force flesh stripping aliens? Yeah that's fine.

https://youtu.be/tvyWfwT5nwU
I remember that. I also remember these buggers...

LOL, Saturday morning with the parents in bed and me on me tobler, watching 'Space 1999', shitting myself.
10-08-2020, 21:27   #252
expectationlost

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmetSpiceland View Post
Ghostwatch. Was a little older than a “child” though.
the pipes!
(2) thanks from:
10-08-2020, 22:08   #253
the purple tin

The Gorn from Star Trek

Especially when he walks right into the camera. I almost ruined me Y-Fronts
Thanks from:
10-08-2020, 22:30   #254
Wanderer2010

I nicked one of my brothers Stephen King books when I was 11. I was a bright kid so the words and descriptions flowed over me with instant understanding. What I wasn't prepared for was the indelible impression his words would have on me as I read the first 100 pages of Salem's Lot, a novel about vampires living in a modern American small town.

I was full of bravado about all the minor scares up to that point, but the scene where the gravedigger is filling in the grave of a 12 year old boy who was found dead with most of his blood removed, stayed with me forever: the chap was working alone and dusk was rapidly spreading over the empty graveyard. He couldn't shake the feeling someone was watching him from inside the coffin. The feeling grew as strong and as fast as night was creeping in. Unable to bear it anymore, he throws away the dirt of the half filled grave, busts the lock open on the coffin and lifts the lid. And looks directly into the wide-eyed, smiling boy who was indeed watching him all along.

I slammed the book down and fled the room, despite it being the middle of the day! Couldn't sleep with the light off for weeks, was terrified of going to the toilet alone in the night and generally prayed for a time machine where I could revisit a world where I didn't read that chapter. Its a testament to how talented the man is to describe scares so skilfully and vividly but ill never forget how scared it made me!!!
10-08-2020, 22:35   #255
the purple tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer2010 View Post
I nicked one of my brothers Stephen King books when I was 11. I was a bright kid so the words and descriptions flowed over me with instant understanding. What I wasn't prepared for was the indelible impression his words would have on me as I read the first 100 pages of Salem's Lot, a novel about vampires living in a modern American small town.

I was full of bravado about all the minor scares up to that point, but the scene where the gravedigger is filling in the grave of a 12 year old boy who was found dead with most of his blood removed, stayed with me forever: the chap was working alone and dusk was rapidly spreading over the empty graveyard. He couldn't shake the feeling someone was watching him from inside the coffin. The feeling grew as strong and as fast as night was creeping in. Unable to bear it anymore, he throws away the dirt of the half filled grave, busts the lock open on the coffin and lifts the lid. And looks directly into the wide-eyed, smiling boy who was indeed watching him all along.

I slammed the book down and fled the room, despite it being the middle of the day! Couldn't sleep with the light off for weeks, was terrified of going to the toilet alone in the night and generally prayed for a time machine where I could revisit a world where I didn't read that chapter. Its a testament to how talented the man is to describe scares so skilfully and vividly but ill never forget how scared it made me!!!

I found the baby vampire particularly creepy. Also there was a special edition with extra content in it and there is a part where the grumpy school bus driver gets his commupance, really terrifying.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion