Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-09-2020, 19:07   #1
Hammer89

We're getting dumber

https://twitter.com/kurtisconner/sta...36443882733569

This tweet has gone viral with 216,000 'likes', as if Kurtis Conner, whoever he is, has stumbled across the contradiction of the century and shared it among the masses.

Thing is, the fella in the comments, Steve Brunner, is absolutely right. It's not a contradiction at all.

Do I support trans rights? Nope. It's not because I hate transgenders. I don't support trans rights in the same way I don't support Blackburn Rovers. Like, I know of their existence and good luck to them, but ultimately I have no feeling toward them - the trans and Blackburn - one way or the other. And that's what Steve Brunner is obviously talking about here, but instead of engaging our own brain and using it to think, we automatically grab a pitchfork and run in the direction where the 'Witch!' chants are coming from.

We are a stupid species and that's all.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-09-2020, 19:16   #2
DopeTech

You should update the title to "Where getting dumber"
13-09-2020, 19:22   #3
AllForIt

Yes, but as the BLM activist's say, to make a comparisons, they say "if you are not doing anything to fight racism then you are part of the problem".

So, there is no way you can escape. You are either with us or against us, whether you like it or not.
(3) thanks from:
13-09-2020, 19:27   #4
blinding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer89 View Post
https://twitter.com/kurtisconner/sta...36443882733569

This tweet has gone viral with 216,000 'likes', as if Kurtis Conner, whoever he is, has stumbled across the contradiction of the century and shared it among the masses.

Thing is, the fella in the comments, Steve Brunner, is absolutely right. It's not a contradiction at all.

Do I support trans rights? Nope. It's not because I hate transgenders. I don't support trans rights in the same way I don't support Blackburn Rovers. Like, I know of their existence and good luck to them, but ultimately I have no feeling toward them - the trans and Blackburn - one way or the other. And that's what Steve Brunner is obviously talking about here, but instead of engaging our own brain and using it to think, we automatically grab a pitchfork and run in the direction where the 'Witch!' chants are coming from.

You have heard of the Word “ Indifferent “ and what it means.

I am Indifferent to You.
13-09-2020, 19:31   #5
TuringBot47

Quote:
At least certain segments of the population are practically ruling themselves out of the gene pool.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
13-09-2020, 19:34   #6
Hammer89

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinding View Post
You have heard of the Word “ Indifferent “ and what it means.

I am Indifferent to You.
According to them that'd make you Hammerphobic.
Thanks from:
13-09-2020, 19:53   #7
blinding

Quote:
According to them that'd make you Hammerphobic.
Is that anything sexual. I’m desperate !
13-09-2020, 19:54   #8
Errashareesh

But is it not true? If someone doesn't support LGBT rights - i.e is opposed to the rights of said people... seems to fit the bill?

Although "transphobic" certainly gets used incorrectly (if you accept that people can be trans, live and let live, use the pronouns they prefer... but draw the line at agreeing a trans woman is a woman/trans man is a man... you are not transphobic).

Last edited by Errashareesh; 13-09-2020 at 20:31.
13-09-2020, 20:04   #9
blinding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errashareesh View Post
But is it not true? If someone doesn't support LGBT rights - i.e is opposed to the rights of said people... seems to fit the bill?
They can do as they fooking please so long as it is legal ~ ~ I am in the ~ ~ I don’t give a fook, not campy camp ! !
Advertisement
13-09-2020, 20:20   #10
tscul32

Thinking about the same sex marriage referendum. I would see those who voted yes as supporting. Those who voted no as against. What about those who didn't care enough one way or another to get off their bums to vote? They didn't "support" the motion, but they also weren't "against" it. Where does that fit into the if you're not with us you're against us? Just curious.
I think the whole thing depends on your definition of "support" and whether it has to involve effort or not. I don't sign petitions on the street, but it doesn't mean I disagree with whatever the cause is. Declining to donate money to something doesn't mean I'm against it.
(3) thanks from:
13-09-2020, 20:20   #11
Church on Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForIt View Post
Yes, but as the BLM activist's say, to make a comparisons, they say "if you are not doing anything to fight racism then you are part of the problem".

So, there is no way you can escape. You are either with us or against us, whether you like it or not.
BLM want to also do away with the traditional nuclear family.

Obviously, and this should go without saying, black peoples lives matter the same way that all of human existence matters but there is certainly militant BLM supporters who are essentially telling people what to do and if you are not with them then you must be against them.

It has become way too much of a trendy catch phrase and actually cheapens the message it initially espoused.
(4) thanks from:
13-09-2020, 20:23   #12
Rodney Bathgate
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllForIt View Post

They may say that, but it is still complete boll0vks. Unfortunately plenty of people fall for this **** and support a marxist movement.
(2) thanks from:
13-09-2020, 20:25   #13
Errashareesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church on Tuesday View Post
BLM want to also do away with the traditional nuclear family.

Obviously, and this should go without saying, black peoples lives matter the same way that all of human existence matters but there is certainly militant BLM supporters who are essentially telling people what to do and if you are not with them then you must be against them.

It has become way too much of a trendy catch phrase and actually cheapens the message it initially espoused.
If you question any aspect of the BLM movement, you hate black people. End of. Even if you treat the black people you meet the same way as you'd treat anyone, even if you don't give a stuff about skin colour, even if mistreatment/discrimination due to skin colour disgusts you, even if Apartheid and segregation in the South anger and sadden you... you utterly hate black people.

Last edited by Errashareesh; 13-09-2020 at 20:45.
13-09-2020, 20:33   #14
Pherekydes

Replies certainly prove the assertion in the title!
Thanks from:
13-09-2020, 20:44   #15
Errashareesh

People who say "we" are getting stupider need to speak for themselves.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion