Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,823 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Just donated the last of my digestives to the local robin... He looked so hungry and flew to me.. spunky wee bird !

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Today I got to hold a raven. They are huge. Beautiful creatures.

Another day to enjoy life in whatever way is possible... Always some joy. Even in my sequestered set- aside life.. Small pleasures become great... Freedom to be and do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Successful dental appointment followed by a very late and delicious lunch in my favourite pub.

• Advertisement

Little things like random chats with people I meet day to day. Genuine nice interactions with people.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Grandparents Day at granddaughters Preschool today. Seeing how much she has come on since being there is more than a TH ! The staff are brilliant with all the little ones, and it shows in how much all the children have flourished .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭brokenbad

Sitting down to tuck into a full irish once in a while

My new business picking up scrap and abandoned cars on behalf of Mayo CC is proving very successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Better day on the horses today, bet €12 got back €9

Can't go wrong with 0.50cent each way bets

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Got my Tesco vouchers sent to my phone instead of the paper ones.

Now I won't keep forgetting to use them...............I think 🥴

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

lol did you get much? ours arrived in the post.. €6 in vouchers.. not a lot - but I don't mind as there are loads on good offers with clubcard in store the last year or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

Somebody bought in catered lunch today, but I was last to the canteen, so expected slim and unappealing choices. Happily the sole lonely sambo left was ham, cheese, onion and coleslaw.

Score, that would have been my first choice :)

Got back home, tired but a nice enjoyable, progress filled and fulfilling day. There is even an ice cold Coke Zero left in the fridge…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Oh mother of divine. Yourself and MO4 are now on my ignore list 🤢

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭sporina

just home from my bestie's house.. hugs, chats, tea and bickies.. #loveher

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Watching a teen in the park, he's kicking a tennis ball up an incline for his terrier, who enthusiastically returned it every time.

At one stage the dog rolled down the incline into a puddle of rain water, he was disgusted as he ran back to his teen with the precious ball in his mouth.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Waking up and finding my neck and shoulder pain gone…. and not having to make an appointment to see a doctor/physio…result..

• Advertisement

And, it’s been a good day / week, continuing trivially as during a cleanup finding the charger for my portable water flosser which disappeared behind the bookshelf…I was literally heading to Boots to spend 60-70 euros on a new flosser in about an hours time so, that’s a bonus… saves me the trip and the cash. 😅

Tonight is a bank holiday eve 🥳

• Registered Users Posts: 13,357 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dipping into CA and seeing some regulars for AH thread-banned. I didn't know they had it in them 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Getting through a medical procedure that I was worried about. Nothing serious but wasn’t looking forward to it. Was a breeze in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Goodigal

My 11 yr old son had 2 friends over yesterday and the noise of them playing games on the Switch was immense! Made me laugh to hear how excited they were. Great to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

GP messed up my uncle's scan referral. The girl in the radiology department was so helpful, went above and beyond to help me sort it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

A pot of tea, and toast made with handmade bread.

The gentle peace of the lanes by my home and being able to potter outside before anyone else is up.... Serenity with a view.

2>>>>>😋

2 goals for Manchester United and 2 red cards for 2 Fulham players….. ALL in the space of 2 minutes. 😎😎

• Advertisement

Lovely soft rain falling on the roof and I'm slipping into a warm cozy bed. Soothing.

Advertisement