Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Going on a staycation break to Clonakilty tomorrow

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

branie2 wrote: »
    Going on a staycation break to Clonakilty tomorrow
    It's not a staycation if you're going somewhere! :pac: All the same, enjoy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was supposed to be doing an extra hour in work today, to finish at half 6 instead of half 5. Turned out the reason they needed me to stay behind wasn't as big a job as expected and I was able to finish at 5.40.

Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The battery drain issue on my phone sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

One of my favourite tv shows has a new series starting on Sunday :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TH that my first day back at work went better than expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I have hospitablel skin, which means the I have to keep a close eye on any nasties growing on exposed areas. Found a gp who has a qualification in dermatology got an appointment having passed the covid checklist(not easy with perpetual hay fever).

I got the all clear, some of the nastier nastiest gassed, and some covid advice all for the standard gp visit fee(which means health insurance pays for it)

Between waiting on bad news and an uncertain future, this was the kind of lift I needed.

Bredabe wrote: »
    I have hospitablel skin, which means the I have to keep a close eye on any nasties growing on exposed areas. Found a gp who has a qualification in dermatology got an appointment having passed the covid checklist(not easy with perpetual hay fever).

I got the all clear, some of the nastier nastiest gassed, and some covid advice all for the standard gp visit fee(which means health insurance pays for it)

Between waiting on bad news and an uncertain future, this was the kind of lift I needed.

I have the same issue, but found a really good skin clinic and doctor a few years back. I see him every six months and he freezes anything that is “getting notions”. And charges for a GP visit. I feel “looked after”.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

There's a heatwave in the UK, 32 degrees in London today and instead of wracking through my very chaotic work to-do list, I've concocted a delicious iced coffee for myself and am sitting in the garden doing the total sum of sweet fack all.

Hashtag priorities.

For anyone interested: shot of nespresso, 50g single cream, splenda and a ****e tonne of ice. Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Those two young women being rescued after 15 hours in the water by fishermen and the two young boys rescued by that brave teenager all within a short space of time is some much needed feel good news for the country. Suck on that 2020!

• Advertisement

• Those two young women being rescued after 15 hours in the water by fishermen and the two young boys rescued by that brave teenager all within a short space of time is some much needed feel good news for the country. Suck on that 2020!

Couldn't agree more Shelly! So great to see good news for a change. I was teary! :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Oops.. wrong thread. As you were.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I had a great few days in Clonakilty, the highlight of which was a visit to Michael Collins House museum in the town yesterday

That a mug of coffee stays hot/very warm for a good 25mins plus depending how full it is.

Can eat me Weetabix, a few sips of beverage, have us a ciggie... go and brush our teeth,
    and come back and have a few more sips, and another ciggie.

Coffee and Ciggies :pac: - I'm a pleb alright :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hearing my 2.5 year old nephew roar the place down with laughter after I was pretending to outraged because he knocked the tower I built for him with jenga blocks :eek:

Having my 4 month old niece smiling mad up at and telling me stories :3

Speaking of nephews.

My (unofficial) nephew has gone past 1 year old and is only starting to pick up and repeat singular words.

In Scotland, our way of saying "peek-a-boo" is often "....KEEK!", done in the same manner.

And I couldn't be more proud that my Irish nephew comes over to my house, waits for me to go behind the curtain, and all I hear is him in his little voice, while pissing himself laughing, shout back at me "keek!" before I even say it. He causes the whole house to laugh and he loves it.

And he actually gets disappointed whenever he has to leave our house. I know that's not a wholly good thing in some cases, but in another way of thinking, it makes me happy that he actually likes being at our house for hours at a time... probably because we're just as childish and hyper as he is lol

We've been there for him since the day he was born, babysitting him a lot over last summer (his mammy broke her ankle and she was on her own a lot because daddy does a lot of hours per week) so he always saw us. He also helped keep me very sane and mentally with it all last year after my father passed away, he was a wonderful, glorious distraction and I couldn't be more grateful.

I guess this is more than a trivial happiness, because he's one of the best things to come into my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

my rescue lurcher reminding me at 5.30 on the dot that its his dinner time he usually sings a little song and prods me with his long nose its so sweet..... hes loves his dinner due to being starved in his previous home.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,209 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Hair is on fleek :D Fabulous Friday!!!

my rescue lurcher reminding me at 5.30 on the dot that its his dinner time he usually sings a little song and prods me with his long nose its so sweet..... hes loves his dinner due to being starved in his previous home.

:)

Fair play to the both of ye...

Keep a good eye on him.... He doesn't need to be rescued again... :(

Hopefully, he's a few Counties away from his previous home.

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

:)

Fair play to the both of ye...

Keep a good eye on him.... He doesn't need to be rescued again... :(

Hopefully, he's a few Counties away from his previous home.

yes indeed i got him in the south east and we are in the north west so he is safe and happy for four years now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I have been a bit down in the dumps this past while so yesterday I ordered myself a mystery gift box that I will hopefully get next week and it has helped cheer me up, I'm like a kid coming up to Christmas now wondering what I'm going to get. I even paid extra to have everything inside the box gift wrapped just to have the extra bit of childlike anticipation.

Autosport wrote: »
    Hair is on fleek :D Fabulous Friday!!!
    Looking good Auto :pac: (I had had to Google fleek because I'm very old)

tenor.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

because he's one of the best things to come into my life.

Likewise with my nephew and two nieces :3 they bring me and my family so much joy and two more in nephews in a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have been a bit down in the dumps this past while so yesterday I ordered myself a mystery gift box that I will hopefully get next week and it has helped cheer me up, I'm like a kid coming up to Christmas now wondering what I'm going to get. I even paid extra to have everything inside the box gift wrapped just to have the extra bit of childlike anticipation.

How does one order a mystery box? Is it a complete mystery or is there a theme?

Need more info!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Poochie05 wrote: »

Need more info!

Maybe eBay? I’m not sure... but I’ve watched loads of ‘unboxing mystery boxes’ on YouTube. I’ve never bought one but was often tempted!
    I think you can set a budget etc... but as is their actual name, what you’d get in them is a mystery! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

letting a ripping fart first thing in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Poochie05 wrote: »

Need more info!
    There are loads of American websites that do them with different themes like Marvel, Friends, Stranger Things etc.. but I ordered from an English company as I have all the patience of a hare and I wanted no theme, just surprises all the way. You can custom make your own with loose themes like quirky, tech, etc.. they even have an alcohol option just for you Poochie! :D
    https://themysterygiftbox.com/

Ronnie bashing the balls around, and giving away frames to Selby; and still wins.

Wins 3 in a row to win 17-16.

Plus Ronnie talking his usual rubbish in the post match interview... Golf/Fred Davis/Djokovic/cue action all got a mention :D

And Salty Selby going on about Ronnie 'disrespecting the game'.

Great day for snooker fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Great! It’s my birthday next week so I feel it may be time for a treat yo'self! :pac:

Likewise with my nephew and two nieces :3 they bring me and my family so much joy and two more in nephews in a week or two.

I share this enthusiasm. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,188 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

letting a ripping fart first thing in the morning

Hope no one was downwind.....

Advertisement