Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is someone you inexplicably can't stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭lapua20grain

Mary Lou McDonald even the sight of her boils my blood I have to change the channel when she comes on the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭jaffusmax

Tie between Tubs and Kathryn Thomas

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

For me it has to be leo varadkar, Incompetent Con man.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The more I see of him it has to be Hugh Wallace( The guy off Home of the Year.)

i don't think the jumper he wears over his shoulder actually fits

jaffusmax wrote: »
    Tie between Tubs and Kathryn Thomas

no tie there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,043 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

That dude who riled up Piers Morgan on BTV...smug entitled kernt.

i don't know much about it , but a weather man causing Piers to walk out? that's cool

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Piers Morgan on BTV...smug entitled kernt.

There, fixed it for you ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Simon Cowell. Yes, he plays the cúnt on TV, but he's a sleezebag who was mates with Max Clifford who kept stories about him out of the newspapers. I would not be surprised if we heard some stories coming out about him over the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

His voice grates on my brain, like a cheese grater. I actively avoid his shows. My mum loves home renovation shows. She's tuned into him a few times, but I think even she got tired of his schtick.

He came across as grumpy and too negative, or overly critical, in that show he did where people were doing up old houses.

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

guitarzero wrote: »
    I get a strong feeling that Steven Fry has had many an honourable mention in thread, in fact Id say many a QI panel member has been honourably torn asunder here too. Weasley, pompous, well-chuffed, smuggy w*nkers.

I used to watch panel shows but it became obvious that the whole thing was scripted and rehearsed, just ignore them now

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Hesh's Umpire

Gyles Brandreth. Probably an OK person but I just can't get by his "Toryness"!

Gyles Brandreth. Probably an OK person but I just can't get by his "Toryness"!

Thought he'd died

Thought he'd died

I did too but turned out I was thinking of John Sessions.

The tide is turning…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

EmmetSpiceland.

I don't know him, I don't think I have ever engaged with him on this site. But I don't like him.

I did too but turned out I was thinking of John Sessions.

Another dose

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

The more I see of him it has to be Hugh Wallace( The guy off Home of the Year.)
    Is he the fella with the big head
    He is so pompous and arrogant

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Aoife Dooley. She just looks annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Cienciano wrote: »
    Simon Cowell. Yes, he plays the cúnt on TV, but he's a sleezebag who was mates with Max Clifford who kept stories about him out of the newspapers. I would not be surprised if we heard some stories coming out about him over the next few years.

That's a little unfair. They knew each other from being in the same industry but how do you know he kept stories about him out of the newspapers?
    He may not have known, may not have wanted his name tarnished as guilty by association or maybe he didnt believe the stories and stayed the hell out of it.
    We often hear about people being friends with serial killers or paedophiles who had no idea.
    Louis Theroux did a follow up documentary about Jimmy Savile called Regrets and Reflections. He said he's sickened by the fact he was so blatantly dupped by Savile and had no idea of the evil truth lurking below the surface, hell it wasnt even below the surface!
    So i don't think its fair to paint Simon Cowell with that brush with zero accusations or indicators of anything sordid.

On topic, Eamon Holmes.

fussyonion wrote: »
    Aoife Dooley. She just looks annoying.

She’s lovely actually met her once

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭Archeron

Sandi Togsvig. I used to think she was quite funny, but since she took over hosting QI, I think she's turning into a Danish Stephen Fry.

As somebody mentioned above, there are a lot of pompous twats on QI (Phil Jupitus anybody??) but I think the single most annoying person there now is Alan Davies. He used to crack jokes, now he just shouts constantly for attention. Its like watching a 5 year old craving attention in a supermarket.

Used to be one of my favorite TV shows, but in recent years its become really painful with horrible guests. Romesh Ranganathan and his unfunny always unhappy face, Ronnie Ancona and her stupid upper class British impression that she does on every episode and so many others.

In short, I hate everybody :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,215 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Porklife wrote: »
    That's a little unfair. They knew each other from being in the same industry but how do you know he kept stories about him out of the newspapers?
    He may not have known, may not have wanted his name tarnished as guilty by association or maybe he didnt believe the stories and stayed the hell out of it.
    We often hear about people being friends with serial killers or paedophiles who had no idea.
    Louis Theroux did a follow up documentary about Jimmy Savile called Regrets and Reflections. He said he's sickened by the fact he was so blatantly dupped by Savile and had no idea of the evil truth lurking below the surface, hell it wasnt even below the surface!
    So i don't think its fair to paint Simon Cowell with that brush with zero accusations or indicators of anything sordid.

On topic, Eamon Holmes.

Funny you mention Louis Theroux. He was interviewing Max Clifford and said Clifford kept saying off the record stuff and then say the complete opposite on the record. Louis wouldn't do the interview like that. One of the things he said that he was organizing some model with big boobs to get pictured with Cowell. Reason being was to keep that story in the newspaper rather than what he was really up to. Cowell used to basically threaten people with Max Clifford.
    Even without Max Clifford, Cowell is a creep. Agree with you on Eamon Holmes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

Archeron wrote: »
    Sandi Togsvig. I used to think she was quite funny, but since she took over hosting QI, I think she's turning into a Danish Stephen Fry.

As somebody mentioned above, there are a lot of pompous twats on QI (Phil Jupitus anybody??) but I think the single most annoying person there now is Alan Davies. He used to crack jokes, now he just shouts constantly for attention. Its like watching a 5 year old craving attention in a supermarket.

Used to be one of my favorite TV shows, but in recent years its become really painful with horrible guests. Romesh Ranganathan and his unfunny always unhappy face, Ronnie Ancona and her stupid upper class British impression that she does on every episode and so many others.

All of those panel shows are absolute rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The Rory Stories fella.
    I was indifferent to his comedic attempts but what really annoyed me was his work with the construction industry.

There was a video where poor Rory acts out a situation where he is having a hard time with an undefined problem
    However, brave RorRor conquers the flames of mental health disaster by, wait for it, talking to someone. Great - that's that sorted.
    It was as sincere as a "message" episode in a failing 1990s sitcom.
    A big, loud, egotistical, clueless GAA and corporate arse-licker - people like this are the cause of most mental health issues on sites. Yet there he is.

Complete tone-deaf ignorance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭Quantum Baloney

EmmetSpiceland.

I don't know him, I don't think I have ever engaged with him on this site. But I don't like him.

Feel you pal. Dude rubs me the wrong way too. You inner city?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Archeron wrote: »

Agree about Sandi. QI has almost become a soapbox for feminism.

Agree about Romesh. I just don't get why he is popular- have never left once at his miserable shtick.

Your Face wrote: »
    The Rory Stories fella.
    I was indifferent to his comedic attempts but what really annoyed me was his work with the construction industry.

There was a video where poor Rory acts out a situation where he is having a hard time with an undefined problem
    However, brave RorRor conquers the flames of mental health disaster by, wait for it, talking to someone. Great - that's that sorted.
    A big, loud, egotistical, clueless GAA and corporate arse-licker - people like this are the cause of most mental health issues on sites. Yet there he is.

Have to agree. I watched his videos since he started gaining traction on Facebook. Bought his book on amazon store and I genuinely thought it was written by a child. 99% of if it was GAA and how he loves his club which I can understand lads can be passionate about sport but it was 99% Gaa and the other 1% was about his life which is the main reason I bought the book. Seems to stay relevant posting the odd message about mental health and "getting out for a run to clear the head". Im all for Mental health support and looking after people but he seems to be hang off the issue to gain some revenue and followers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 nottalking2u

The Rory Stories fella.

He seems like a nice normal fella. I don't know how they get followers but I assume he made a few jokes that caught on. He makes videos that people relate too and that's what a lot of people like. I've seen some really nice comments under some of his videos.

He's hardly going to solve the 'flames of mental health disaster' but I don't see any harm if it helps some people or gives them a little laugh.

Feel you pal. Dude rubs me the wrong way too. You inner city?

But...I thought we were pals?

The tide is turning…

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭cms88

The Rory Stories fella.

What did he actually do before this? Something i've sometimes wondered.
    InitialG wrote: »
    Seems to stay relevant posting the odd message about mental health and "getting out for a run to clear the head". Im all for Mental health support and looking after people but he seems to be hang off the issue to gain some revenue and followers.

That and posting about pubs reopening with the last 12 months solid it seems like!

It's normally a sign someone is losing traction when they start with promoting mental heath stuff etc It's an important issue but far far too many people in Ireland have been using it for the wrong reasons.
    He seems like a nice normal fella. I don't know how they get followers but I assume he made a few jokes that caught on. He makes videos that people relate too and that's what a lot of people like. I've seen some really nice comments under some of his videos.

He's hardly going to solve the 'flames of mental health disaster' but I don't see any harm if it helps some people or gives them a little laugh.

As these types of people good he seems to be harmless enough. But like you say i don't get how he has got such a following. He was somewhat funny at the start, but like i've said before i just don't get what he actually is now. Is it comedy? Mental Health?

Advertisement