Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance - couple going from two to one car

• 24-11-2020 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭

Any advice appreciated:

With covid and now working from home, i got rid of my car.

ive been insured with the husbands car as a named driver for years. Insurance premium from last year on his car would have been based on him being insured as named on my car and me having my own car and own insurance.

husband got the renewal of insurance in the post. With us only having one car and ill only be using his car, do we need to tell his insurance company that we no longer have a second car as i assume the risk is higher? even though my car insurance was with a different company?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

I'd be inclined to tell them if it was a question which was asked at the time you got the quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Yes, it's a rating factor. I know my premium ( with my wife naned) is calculated taking in to account she has her own car

• Registered Users Posts: 18,812 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

To maintain both your NCDs swap the main and named driver annually, no need to do anything with the VLC as spouses have an insurable interest in each others vehicles.

Advertisement