Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 10 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I’m so tempting but feel like its too risky

Werner to Vardy instead.

Prefer that move, might do it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'm concerned by Bruno giving that pen to Rashford.

Was it a once off or is Bruno off pens?

If he is off them, I'd probably sell him

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

siblers wrote: »

He said after the game that he promised Rashford the next one, regardless of when it was. Hard to know what will happen going forward.

Interesting to hear some people willing to sell if he's off them despite his underlying stats:pac:

Ace2007 wrote: »
    He said after the game that he promised Rashford the next one, regardless of when it was. Hard to know what will happen going forward.

Interesting to hear some people willing to sell if he's off them despite his underlying stats:pac:

I'm acting like he gets a pen every game. Feels that way though!

I'll l probably hold him anyway. He was very good tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,433 ✭✭✭touts

Thinking James Rodriguez to Jota. Rodriguez looks dangerous BUT he is the man who assists the assists and feck all points in that. If I was manager of a real team I'd put him first on the team sheet. But as an FPL manager I'm thinking it's time to dump him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

touts wrote: »
    Thinking James Rodriguez to Jota. Rodriguez looks dangerous BUT he is the man who assists the assists and feck all points in that. If I was manager of a real team I'd put him first on the team sheet. But as an FPL manager I'm thinking it's time to dump him.

This is the route I’m thinking as well. Do you have Salah too?

Hamez is a class player but not the best fpl option.
    The plan was to upgrade him to a man city premium midfielder but this would involve selling Kane. Doing Hamez to jota would allow for a 4.5 def to be upgraded to cancelo/Dias (I have two free transfers)

This week really feels like a cross roads that could have a big impact on the season. Sell spurs players who are in amazing form? Gamble on city coming good and catch some early hauls? Vardy with some tasty fixtures? Will jota get significant minutes? Go safe on city defence with Dias or cancelo who’s more of a rotation risk but looks great going forward in recent games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Ace2007 wrote: »

He gave Rashford the odd penalty last season too. He's still number one, if they are winning comfortably and Fernandes has scored then Rashford might take one but in a tight game it will always be Fernandes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Jota close to a rise, more than likely tonight for anyone thinking of getting him.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I have so much fear this week.

That Zaha situation makes it quite easy for me to go Zaha to City Mid

But I will seriously fear Vardy.

I'm then also half thinking

Bamford - Aguero
    Zaha - Maddison or Barnes

Or else its Bamford - Vardy
    Zaha - Mahrez/Bilva/Foden etc as won't have enough for KDB/Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Bamford - Aguero

I am thinking about Maddison too.

I have Kane, DCL and Wilson. I am reluctant to sell any of these 3, but would want a Leicester player against woeful Fulham. They do give free kicks away so Maddisons delivery could pay off, but Ive been burned in the past with him. Currently have Zaha.

I wouldnt be going with any Man City assets until after Burnley game. The risk of rotation (KDB admitted in his post Spurs interview that he is tired) and the fact that City had 9 games already this season in which theyve looked pretty average bar Wolves maybe, certainly deosnt warrant an 11.5m spend.

Kane to Vardy for 1 - 2 Gws also on my mind but that depends if zaha plays. I dont have a good feeling about this particular transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Bamford - Aguero

If you're going for Leicester, it has to be Vardy IMO. Anyone else is just cover for the Vardy inevitable points he'll get and it's a guessing game between either Maddison (blanked 2 in 8) or Barnes (blanked 2 in 9).

City is a minefield sure you know, maybe park that for this week and look to do a -4 next week and bring in KDB if at all possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭TVSAdamwest

Bruno is not off pens, he gave a team mate a peno to help his confidence as he did with Martial against Leipzig.
    Keeping with the topic of penalty takers, doesn't Milner getting a run in the team take them away from Salah?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Bruno is not off pens, he gave a team mate a peno to help his confidence as he did with Martial against Leipzig.
    Keeping with the topic of penalty takers, doesn't Milner getting a run in the team take them away from Salah?

Think last time they were both on the pitch Salah took it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Yea Salah is number 1 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Was going to double up with Sterling and KDB for the next City run but think I'll go with KDB and Cancello instead
    Saiss out, was kind of hoping he'd make his way back into the team but Nuno seems fairly set as he is

Saiss > Cancello

Bamford - Aguero

You can afford Bamford to Aguero? You must be flush with transfer funds!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Yea Salah is number 1 now.

It's worth mentioning that that was a last kick of the game penalty to make it 2-0. Rashford took one last night but clearly Bruno is the go to man still, especially if it's a pressure kick to use a potentially comparative situation.

If I had to guess I would say Salah would take it as he hasn't missed yet and he does strike me as someone who wants them, he wants to get his numbers up, but it wouldn't shock me to see Milner take it. Certainly if I was the manager I would be telling the team that Milner is number 1 as I think he has a better technique. I don't think it's definitive.

Liverpool don't do egos, and Klopp is a very strong manager. If they have a pecking order which is strongly enforced for competitive situations then Milner might still be top of that.

So imo it's not 100% that Salah takes the penalty if it's awarded this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Salah starts tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

Someone please help preferably tonight! (Jota price set to rise at 2 am)

So I have

Martinez
    Chillwell - Coufal - robertson - mitchell - Telles

Bruno - Son - Zaha - Grealish - Riedewald (pretty niche huh)

Kane - DCL - Wilson

My obvious concern is Zaha. But I also dont seem to have a clear captain for the gw... my thoughts are:

1) Kane out , Vardy in - captain Vardy and if Zaha doesnt play coufal can come in for 4 - 3 - 3

2) Zaha out, Ziyech in (Ziyech long term feels like a sound transfer) but this leaves me struggling with captain

or 3) Zaha out, Jota in... Jota is benched tonight, have a feeling he could start v Brighton but again this leaves me with no obvious captain choice and constant worry that he is benched..

any help? or do nothing and hope Zaha pulls through? Captain Bruno? Saints looked very shaky v wolves who are notoriously slow starters too.... got 2.7m ITB

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

You can afford Bamford to Aguero? You must be flush with transfer funds!

7M ITB :) Salah getting Covid on my WC the main reason why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,230 ✭✭✭munster87

My worry if that was my team would be that City are playing Burnley and Liverpool are playing Brighton and I have no mid/attacker from either. I think Jota will start at weekend with being benched tonight, barring something happening in this game. At least he would be some attacking cover?
    Bruno isn’t a bad captaincy pick. Mad for points away from home so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭franglan

Any thoughts on Aguero at the weekend? Will he play at the weekend with his son's grandfather passing? Not exactly sure how the family set up is there, I know Sergio has a new woman.

munster87 wrote: »
    My worry if that was my team would be that City are playing Burnley and Liverpool are playing Brighton and I have no mid/attacker from either. I think Jota will start at weekend with being benched tonight, barring something happening in this game. At least he would be some attacking cover?
    Bruno isn’t a bad captaincy pick. Mad for points away from home so far this season.

I feel you, thinking Ziyech and Son to Jota and KDB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Lamptey out, Kyle Walker in. City are due to go on a run I'm hoping. Staying stubborn with Richarlison even though he's not greedy enough at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Any chance Aguero might miss game on compassionate leave? His father in law maradona just died

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Is Zaha to Jota worth a -4?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Trouser Snake

Is Jota a starter? Bobby scored last weekend.

That is the big question we all need to ask!

He is in great form at the moment, and even if he doesnt start will be first sub on

That’s a good question considering how many are buying him.

I think some are downgrading Salah to Jota (I did consider it but against it now) and some are going Zaha (and other mid priced midfielders) to Jota too.

I don’t think he starts in the same way a guaranteed starter does. He’ll get minutes coming on as a sub. He’ll get minutes when any of the front 3 get rested. All those minutes may be enough to justify his price. But again, not for me.

He is very very tempting though but if I don’t think he’s guaranteed to start then I can’t buy him.

If Liverpool played a 4-2-3-1 then I see Jota starting with Bobby playing in the middle of the 3 and Salah up front and Jota on the right with the latter 2 interchanging but I’m not convinced it’ll happen.

• Advertisement

That’s a good question considering how many are buying him.

I think some are downgrading Salah to Jota (I did consider it but against it now) and some are going Zaha (and other mid priced midfielders) to Jota too.

I don’t think he starts in the same way a guaranteed starter does. He’ll get minutes coming on as a sub. He’ll get minutes when any of the front 3 get rested. All those minutes may be enough to justify his price. But again, not for me.

He is very very tempting though but if I don’t think he’s guaranteed to start then I can’t buy him.

If Liverpool played a 4-2-3-1 then I see Jota starting with Bobby playing in the middle of the 3 and Salah up front and Jota on the right with the latter 2 interchanging but I’m not convinced it’ll happen.

That is a really good response, however there is a massive upside with Jota. Even if not playing he is first off the bench for Liverpool and at 6.6. is a massive enabler.

The games will be coming thick and fast over the next while and we will see serious rotation. I am looking at him for Ziyech, and I could equally see him rotated for Pulisic/Havertz/Werner etc over Christmas

Advertisement