Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday with Katie Hannon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,051 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Clon63 wrote: »
    Yeah had to.laugh at that coming from Sinn Fein and Louise OReilly.

Probably not surprising in this case though. Louise O Reilly seems to be on RTE more often than your average Morning Ireland presenter so prob considers herself staff at this stage.

Also did anyone else hear her snap at the FG guy to "Calm Down" ... just imagine uf herself or Brid Smith had been told to do so like that by a male politician They would be "called out" for their blatant sexism and given lectures on the patriarchy of society.

Not surprised at all here.

O’Reilly has form here, aggressive person who seems to think that she can ride roughshod over folk, but is unable to accept others taking her on.

She has used this tactic for yonks, intimidating weak presenters like Hannon and McInerney and O’hEadhra and Byrne.

They are afraid to stand up to her and shut her down as she tries to take over discussions...

Obviously it’s a Shinner tactic to keep talking through all the flak and only stop when pulled up by the presenter..... example O’Reilly and Doherty, being the main protagionists.

Main idea.... don’t let others get their point in, just blow out flak, don’t worry about content, doesn’t matter, we are the opposition, just block out those in power.

Simples......

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Johnthemanager

Not surprised at all here.

O’Reilly has form here, aggressive person who seems to think that she can ride roughshod over folk, but is unable to accept others taking her on.

She has used this tactic for yonks, intimidating weak presenters like Hannon and McInerney and O’hEadhra and Byrne.

They are afraid to stand up to her and shut her down as she tries to take over discussions...

Obviously it’s a Shinner tactic to keep talking through all the flak and only stop when pulled up by the presenter..... example O’Reilly and Doherty, being the main protagionists.

Main idea.... don’t let others get their point in, just blow out flak, don’t worry about content, doesn’t matter, we are the opposition, just block out those in power.

Simples......

Weak presenters like Hannon and Mc Inerney, lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,921 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Weak presenters like Hannon and Mc Inerney, lol?

Have to agree, Hannon no push over, actually thought o reilly came across as reasonable, it was the FG clown getting excited, talking over others and interrupting, that equally irratating Darragh O Brien (Housing minister), does the same thing every time he's on.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Have to agree, Hannon no push over, actually thought o reilly came across as reasonable, it was the FG clown getting excited, talking over others and interrupting, that equally irratating Darragh O Brien (Housing minister), does the same thing every time he's on.

Listened back to the prog.and Hannon must have had a rocket run up her, as she intervened much more quickly when O’Reilly tried to take over and come up with her “stop interrupting me” bull.

She didn’t let chaos take hold when Peter White and O’Reilly tried to outast each other in the ‘talk over’ stakes.

An improvement there in fairness.

Very watery discussion in the ‘Montrosegate’ issue though.

Very much ‘ I have to get this out of the way’ attitude I’m afraid.

Strange that Barry Lenihan wasn’t parked outside Montrose like he was on the ‘Golfgate’ issue looking for heads and being top of the bill on Drivetime for weeks.

Hmmmmm"

Have to say first of all, nothing personal, it I can’t warm to Hannon at all.

Listened today and she came across as hesitant, not in control, too eager to ‘pile on’ to those in govt.

While the opposition were speaking, quiet as a mouse.

The dude Oisin in my opinion played a blinder, put away Carthy and Co. away with ease.

Cant understand why the auld ‘ The Govt. didn’t use the Summer to get on top of the testing and tracing ‘mantra..... They didn’t, but we are where we are.... that one has flown, Katie should have shut Carthy up whe he came out with that auld crap.

‘We know all that’ is the usual response from good presenters to that rubbish.

Not good in this posters opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Ossian did well today - strange for a green minister to be put forward after last night's announcement.....but he did well.

Personally I think Katie Hannon is good and she did give Ossian an out quoting Matties 'the Greens would have had separate government formation negotiations '

Infoanon wrote: »
    Ossian did well today - strange for a green minister to be put forward after last night's announcement.....but he did well.

Personally I think Katie Hannon is good and she did give Ossian an out quoting Matties 'the Greens would have had separate government formation negotiations '

Yes, I was surprised too, he seemed well briefed and relaxed.

Can’t agree on Hannon, like as per previous post and coming up with
    “Back after this break” and then signing off .

Sure sign of a poor presenter, only in my opinion of course.

Very hesitant and unsure of herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I thought she did very well on LL, but a lot of that was no doubt a reflection on how awful Duffy is.

I think she'll find her feet here too-the Green guy was well able to shut down the Shinner and the discussion was allowed to flow for the most part.

19 Dec.

Anyone who thinks Katie Hannon is a competent presenter should listen back to the shambles from 1340 to 1400 today.... only bit I heard.

I think one would change ones mind.

19 Dec.

Anyone who thinks Katie Hannon is a competent presenter should listen back to the shambles from 1340 to 1400 today.... only bit I heard.

I think one would change ones mind.

Listened to the entire show what part was a shambles, I didn't think it was too bad. I've quite enjoyed Katie on Saturdays and the on late debate also.

• Advertisement

Listened to the entire show what part was a shambles, I didn't think it was too bad. I've quite enjoyed Katie on Saturdays and the on late debate also.

I told you from around 1340... to the end.

Just everyone shouting and Katie floundering.

I told you from around 1340... to the end.

Just everyone shouting and Katie floundering.

Very tetchy but if you actually listened, this is typical FG/SF back and fourth which is Tiresome admitidly but happens pretty much on every show a representative from each party appear. Katie did (again if you listened) stop them, not just once, but twice. But I do quite enjoy FG being handed their ***** by SF, just amazes me FG put such meek and poor spokes people on, particularly ones that actually started the show by disgreeing with the latest mixed messages re next lockdown followed by admitting being a very, very junior member of a governing party.

Very tetchy but if you actually listened, this is typical FG/SF back and fourth which is Tiresome admitidly but happens pretty much on every show a representative from each party appear. Katie did (again if you listened) stop them, not just once, but twice. But I do quite enjoy FG being handed their ***** by SF, just amazes me FG put such meek and poor spokes people on, particularly ones that actually started the show by disgreeing with the latest mixed messages re next lockdown followed by admitting being a very, very junior member of a governing party.

Katie did ‘try’ to intervene but had no impact on the proceedings.

O’Broin was going to bully his was through and nobody else was going to get a look in while he was there.

Katie hadn’t the skills or the experience to stop him.

Weak moderation, no authority or control, just throw her hands up in the air and give up.

O’Broin got his arse handed to him today, the veneer of toughness got melted away and he couldn’t defend the social media shïtstorm which is welling up from SF accounts.

There will be many more events like this, you can be sure.

Even Cullinane got a mention....... the genie is out of the bottle, my friend.

Katie did ‘try’ to intervene but had no impact on the proceedings.

O’Broin was going to bully his was through and nobody else was going to get a look in while he was there.

Katie hadn’t the skills or the experience to stop him.

Weak moderation, no authority or control, just throw her hands up in the air and give up.

O’Broin got his arse handed to him today, the veneer of toughness got melted away and he couldn’t defend the social media shïtstorm which is welling up from SF accounts.

There will be many more events like this, you can be sure.

Even Cullinane got a mention....... the genie is out of the bottle, my friend.

A, that old SF Bashing chestnut, I'm certainly not on Boards to make friends. Check the dial, it appears you were listening to 20 minutes of the wrong show. Same old same old FG V SF nonsense. I vote neither by the way but SF going nowhere. Funny you Havnt mentioned O Brion"s rather excellent response to the latest affordable housing proposal, you know the one encouraged by lobby groups and vested interests?

Obviously your grind is SF, perhaps another thread might be best suited for this nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

The last 15 mins was a shambles. FG are in full election mode. For months before the last GE they were at the 'talking over other guests' non-stop. This was part of their pre-election briefing and they are all doing this again.

I'm not sure whether it is bad moderation or not. It could be part of RTE's bias to purposely allow it to carry on.

Richmond wouldn't STFU for 30 secs to let someone else speak.
    You really need to take off the rose tinted earphones.

I'm not a SF supporter btw.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »
    The last 15 mins was a shambles. FG are in full election mode. For months before the last GE they were at the 'talking over other guests' non-stop. This was part of their pre-election briefing and they are all doing this again.

I'm not sure whether it is bad moderation or not. It could be part of RTE's bias to purposely allow it to carry on.

This, my friend, is a radio thread, so I couldn’t give a flying fuuerkhe what party you support.

Gen.Zhukov wrote: »

Sadly this SF/FG spat is across all airway and programs, I support neither and to honest their as bad as one another. This said, I'd actually be most trusting of SF given the sneakyness and mixed messages pushed by FG over the past few months, there constant undermining of a government there supposed to be part of is shocking and I suspect most voters see the game being played.

I'm not for a second supporting either and condemn silly social media posts but if truth be known, FG use social media more adeptly than any other party and not always in a positive way

This, my friend, is a radio thread, so I couldn’t give a flying fuuerkhe what party you support.

You really need to read forum charters, no need for this attitude, but at least I'm not the only one experiencing your hysterics today.

You really need to read forum charters, no need for this attitude, but at least I'm not the only one experiencing your hysterics today.

My apologies,I was a bit offside there, lost the run of myself .

You are quite correct.

My apologies,I was a bit offside there, lost the run of myself .

You are quite correct.

It's only a Radio show :)

• Advertisement

Mod - always really appreciative to see posters sort things out nicely - Catmaniac :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Gets to the archbishop's criticism of the Waterford Whispers sketch from New year's Eve at 13.59. Reads an RTE statement. "Have I any time for comments?" 1 comment, 20 seconds, shuts the program down. Really poor production. Again.

amlinopta wrote: »
    Gets to the archbishop's criticism of the Waterford Whispers sketch from New year's Eve at 13.59. Reads an RTE statement. "Have I any time for comments?" 1 comment, 20 seconds, shuts the program down. Really poor production. Again.

Not at all, was an excellent program albeit a little sombre, Philip Nolan interview excellent, I don't think the nation is consumed with the fact an Archbishop being distressed over a Waterford whispers skit albeit it was offensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amlinopta

Not at all, was an excellent program albeit a little sombre, Philip Nolan interview excellent, I don't think the nation is consumed with the fact an Archbishop being distressed over a Waterford whispers skit albeit it was offensive.
    I’m sure a skit mocking Muslims would have received a lot more coverage though. Enjoy the show generally and like Katie, reference to poor production was in relation to cramming something in right at the end and not covering it properly, as opposed to the show overall.

amlinopta wrote: »
    I’m sure a skit mocking Muslims would have received a lot more coverage though. Enjoy the show generally and like Katie, reference to poor production was in relation to cramming something in right at the end and not covering it properly, as opposed to the show overall.

Apologies, I misunderstood, yes was pointless the very last segment but in fairness alot covered today and I think there would have been more critism had she not mentioned the furore over the skit.

All the line up is there for an extremely negative( not unusual) show today.

O’Reilly will take over, OhEadha there for the vested interest.

Staaaaand by....for ‘don’t interrupt me”

Pretty grim analysis from colm Henry

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

All the line up is there for an extremely negative( not unusual) show today.

O’Reilly will take over, OhEadha there for the vested interest.

Staaaaand by....for ‘don’t interrupt me”

She’s being far too aggressive in the interview live at the moment

tomwaits48 wrote: »

Hmmm, not sure, colm Henry is normally quite composed, Katie has asked reasonable questions but in the process seems to have caught Colm out, I've never heard him be tetchy before.

• Advertisement

tomwaits48 wrote: »

As predicted..... anyone would think the Govt caused this epidemic.

Wait till O’Reilly gets going..........listen for her piling on. Hannon I mean.

Advertisement