Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2020 graduate really struggling

• 10-09-2020 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I studied Interior Architecture and Design and I am soon to graduate in October. I felt so much optimism before March about graduating I had a good feeling about entering the adult working world and then coronavirus came and ruined it. I have applied for countless jobs and I am having no luck. It is really starting to eat me up as I sit home every day, I worked as temp staff prior to covid too were I would cover shifts in pubs, clubs and events. I really thought I could say goodbye to late night shifts but I think I'll have to start applying for bar jobs. I am living with my parents again for the first time in 5 years and my mental health is very low.
    I just need advice on how to keep up the spirits and how to land a job, architecture was a difficult place to enter without the pandemic so now it's much worse. I am not fussy I have even applied for some kitchen design jobs. I have been told I have a excellent cv many times so I really am at wits ends.
    My back up option is to go to France for a ski season and figure it out next year but what am I supposed to do until December when the ski world opens up again.
    It's so difficult seeing my social circle slip back into regular life of college, jobs etc. I feel my life is really on pause.

Comments

Advertisement