Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky fantasy football 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Alanm2020

Thanks Alan it aged me by about 10 years last season. If you need any help with the game we will be happy to help. Make sure you read the rules carefully and all the best this season.

Thanks , I'd imagine it was very stressful. It seems like a great past time at the weekends at least it makes a lot of dull and boring games more interesting once you have a player in your side and are watching to see how well he does. It's going to be interesting trying to manage transfers I've tried to go with a side who are for the most part regulars for their teams without the need for too much chopping and changing but as you know injuries can come into it. I've tried not to select too many from the same team I'm not sure if it's a good tactic but one I'm going to go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Right! I think I'm ready to go (doesn't look as if we're going to get the updated gw4 fixtures before tomorrow)

MAIN TEAM:
    McCarthy
    TAA VVD Egan Justin
    Henderson Hojberg Havertz
    Son(C) Auba(C) Werner(C)

Defense and attack will be like many others I reckon. My midfield is a bit different. Hojberg hopefully chips in with tackles bonus and maybe even the odd passing bonus and assist. Henderson is a solid pick for all round points - hopefully he starts against Leeds. Havertz is being hyped up - hopefully he does well he's a bit of a differential and I fancy 2 Chelsea especially for gws 3 and 4. Captain choices fairly safe for gw1. A bit nervous with Son so I'm hoping he matches Kane obviously. 0.1 for the fairly obvious transfer of Auba to KDB in gw2. No Bruno or any United player is the obvious omission but with Arsenal now playing the same day as United gw2, a United player is no longer a necessity for that captain day.

2nd TEAM:
    Ryan(C)
    Robertson Stevens Vinagre Justin
    Willian Mahrez Bruno
    Ings(C) Kane(C) Auba

As you can see this team is a bit more punty. Only 2 players the same from my main team. Risking no KdB and going with Mahrez instead. Vinagre a bit risky with the uncertainty but hopefully he plays. Budget fully used. Have a tentative double transfer in mind - Auba and Willian to Werner and Pulisic in gw2. As you can see I've gone a bit punty with gw1 captains as well. Ings(although I fancy him to do well) and Ryan. The thinking with Ryan is he has a good chance of saves bonus and if Brighton were to manage a CS then I would be looking at a big score (and gaining nicely vs Werner captainers). I like taking chances with my 2nd team initially anyway.

Best of luck to all playing and welcome to the new players we've got a good number in the league Donegal123 set up so make sure and join if you haven't already

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Think I'm set. I finally realised I wasn't going to afford 2 Liverpool defs so I put TAA in one and VVD in the other team:

McCarthy
    Bertrand, VVD, Keane, Justin
    Hojbjerg, Soucek, Bruno
    Auba, Salah, Werner

and

Pickford
    Keane, TAA, Egan, Justin
    Romeu, Bruno, Havertz
    Son, Auba, Werner

A forward to KDB on Monday in both cases

Feel free to pick holes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

My 2 teams:

Ryan
    VVD TAA Justin Egan
    Antonio Saka Havertz(C)
    Son(C) Auba Salah(C)

Ryan
    VVD TAA Justin Egan
    Soucek Saka Havertz
    Kane(C) Auba(C) Werner(C)

2 similar teams but a few changes in each one. Not gone on Ryan at all in goal. Egan was a hero for me last season, and Antonio also towards the end. 0.1 left for both teams to get rid of Auba for KDB. Will probably leave them like this although I have a feeling that Vardy will start off well.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Think I'm set. I finally realised I wasn't going to afford 2 Liverpool defs so I put TAA in one and VVD in the other team:

McCarthy
    Bertrand, VVD, Keane, Justin
    Hojbjerg, Soucek, Bruno
    Auba, Salah, Werner

and

Pickford
    Keane, TAA, Egan, Justin
    Romeu, Bruno, Havertz
    Son, Auba, Werner

A forward to KDB on Monday in both cases

Feel free to pick holes :)

All you can really do is put in who you fancy and have your captains covered for the matchdays for the 1st 3 gameweeks. Bruno not playing the 1st gameweek is the only thing I see. You have to weigh up is it worth having 10 players for gameweek 1 so that you have him for gameweek 2. And will you be captaining him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I'm in. Just one team for the moment : Holding Mee Long Koch

Will throw a 2nd team together shortly.

2nd team in. HoldingMeeSmallingKoch

Martinez to Brighton rumour has me spooked so have downgraded Stevens to O Connell and upgraded Ryan to Lloris in my 2nd team.

Ended up doing a second team tonight on paper it actually ended up way better then the first one I'm sure it's a common problem can't seem to settle on an exact team have made multiple changes so I can afford better players in midfield and up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

claw wrote: »
    My 2 teams:

Ryan
    VVD TAA Justin Egan
    Antonio Saka Havertz(C)
    Son(C) Auba Salah(C)

Ryan
    VVD TAA Justin Egan
    Soucek Saka Havertz
    Kane(C) Auba(C) Werner(C)

2 similar teams but a few changes in each one. Not gone on Ryan at all in goal. Egan was a hero for me last season, and Antonio also towards the end. 0.1 left for both teams to get rid of Auba for KDB. Will probably leave them like this although I have a feeling that Vardy will start off well.

3 captains?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,636 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Happy4all wrote:
    3 captains?

Yes, there are games on Sat, Sunday and Monday so you can have a different captain each day. That's pretty much the main difference between the sky sports version and FPL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Jesus,50 teams in this year, locked and loaded here,so good luck to all,it should be fun

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Couple of teams in the league only have one captain set. Don't forget lads new captain each day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Have they announced the game week 4 fixture schedule? I don't see them on the app.

Trying to get up to speed quickly with the different rules for this one, is it you can't make a transfer in the first 4 weeks?

Happy4all wrote: »
    Trying to get up to speed quickly with the different rules for this one, is it you can't make a transfer in the first 4 weeks?

No you have 40 transfers for the whole season but after 4 game weeks you have unlimited transfers until game week 5 starts.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    No you have 40 transfers for the whole season but after 4 game weeks you have unlimited transfers until game week 5 starts.

Thanks, why do they recommend bringing in non playing Bruno, when you can transfer him in week two?

Happy4all wrote: »
    Thanks, why do they recommend bringing in non playing Bruno, when you can transfer him in week two?

Saves a transfer, you will run out of them fast. 40 sounds like a lot but most people burn them quickly.

Have they announced the game week 4 fixture schedule? I don't see them on the app.
    Have they been announced by the PL?

manual_man wrote: »
    Have they been announced by the PL?

I checked just now and I don't think so, I thought they were due yesterday but looks like there was a delay.

I think I'll take a punt on Trossard, 7.6m midfielder who should be playing as a striker. He's a good player, I'm just hoping he doesn't get subbed too early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

This doing 2 teams thing? How do I set up the 2nd one? Different email address or?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,437 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

CSF wrote: »
    This doing 2 teams thing? How do I set up the 2nd one? Different email address or?

On the home page in the app, there's a create 2nd team button beside the name of your first team.

On the home page in the app, there's a create 2nd team button beside the name of your first team.

Hmm, only in the app or can I do it on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,437 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yeah I think so, don't use the site but from what I remember it's the same set up as the app.

I done it on the site

Yeah I think so, don't use the site but from what I remember it's the same set up as the app.

Found it, thanks a mill

Saves a transfer, you will run out of them fast. 40 sounds like a lot but most people burn them quickly.

I plan on using only 2 transfers if that before the unlimited wildcard. Auba to KDB and maybe a United one. Won't be making transfers for the sake of this season which is always my problem in this. Hopefully we will have a lot more info regarding dates for fixtures when the unlimited wildcard comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

You can make changes right up to 1st kick off on everyday

You can make changes right up to 1st kick off on everyday

That can be hang with late team news

• Advertisement

I've joined a few of the money leagues what way do they work can people join it after the deadline or do they have to be in before kick off on match day 1

Advertisement