Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mafia Trilogy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,470 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Balls anyway just missed it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Its fixed now LOL, could they ban your account or revoke the license?

It's happened before and never heard of them banning or revoking licence for game. Sure I remember years ago there was a price glitch for Final Fantasy XV with it being 80% 3 months after its release. Glitch was only for an hour but anybody who bought at glitches price, kept the game.

Also just booted up Mafia 3 and there was an update for the Definitive Edition so if you already own 3, it will be renamed to Definitive Edition

• Registered Users Posts: 29,437 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is taking really long to download, a lot longer than recent downloads.

I can play the first level anyway, going with hard mode, i remember that was recommended back in the day for a better experience.

Instantly looks better than the original anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭DarC_Kn1ght

Played the first mission, audio is a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Played the first mission, audio is a mess.

I thought it was just me. There was a part where your man was meant to be narrating and his voice was being drowned out by everything else. It was weird

• Advertisement

Even the first cutscene, sounded like my tv speaker was under water, very weird.

I thought the game had a Day-One patch? Or am I missing something?

I thought the game had a Day-One patch? Or am I missing something?

Yupp it did, you should be on version 1.01?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yupp it did, you should be on version 1.01?

I dunno what it is on PS4 but on Xbox it say says 1.0.0.2. I wish Xbox had a way of looking at "update history" the same way you can do on PS4. Xbox doesn't have any of that.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This stopped downloading over night for some reason, so I still have another 5 hours to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

Been reading up on this further

Audio issues in cutscenes

PS4 Pro and One X versions cant even hold a steady frame rate @ 30fps

Stuttering in-game when driving

What an absolute farce really, 2K games really are ****

Played the first 2 chapters.....ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

It's the definition of jank but they absolutely nail the Mafia atmosphere, casual racism and sexism, good thing it's not more popular or Twitter would have a meltdown.

I'm playing simulation driving and I find myself with a big smile just trying to turn a corner in the tank of a yoke I'm driving. slow acceleration but wants it gets going, it's a death trap. I forgot about the Playboy collectibles :pac:

Played the first 2 chapters.....ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!

It's the definition of jank but they absolutely nail the Mafia atmosphere, casual racism and sexism, good thing it's not more popular or Twitter would have a meltdown.

I'm playing simulation driving and I find myself with a big smile just trying to turn a corner in the tank of a yoke I'm driving. slow acceleration but wants it gets going, it's a death trap. I forgot about the Playboy collectibles :pac:

Bastard. I forgot to enable sim-driving. Is enabling this required to get a trophy/achievement? Or am I thinking of another game?

Bastard. I forgot to enable sim-driving. Is enabling this required to get a trophy/achievement? Or am I thinking of another game?

Nope, no trophy just makes the driving more fun.

Also, if you have the trilogy or mafia 3, use Lincoln's black muscle car. Might look out of place but with it for the acceleration, speed and handling. Easier escaping from cops and going to from parts of missions.

Also, if you have the trilogy or mafia 3, use Lincoln's black muscle car. Might look out of place but with it for the acceleration, speed and handling. Easier escaping from cops and going to from parts of missions.

I was just about to come back and say I found Lincoln's car in the Carcyclopedia. I don't have Mafia 3 though so I dunno how it's in there.

Thing stood out like a sore thumb. Lol

I tried the other sports car i got for the trilogy pack bit it's still not as nippy as Lincoln's so gonna stick with it. The mission design is great. Finished chapter 5 and having a blast. I'd go for the platinum of it wasn't for the 158 wanted posters. That's a bit much.

The driving, shooting and mission design is so much more satisfying than Mafia 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Do the cars explode when they flip over?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,705 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The driving, shooting and mission design is so much more satisfying than Mafia 3.

That's not really fair. Mafia 3 is at a disadvantage as it has no mission or level design.

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Do the cars explode when they flip over?

There's been a few explosions but can't remember if from flipping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭T. Hanks

I tried the other sports car i got for the trilogy pack bit it's still not as nippy as Lincoln's so gonna stick with it. The mission design is great. Finished chapter 5 and having a blast. I'd go for the platinum of it wasn't for the 158 wanted posters. That's a bit much.

I actually disagree. The mechanics are a basic cover shooter with some archaic design. It's acceptable. The missions have plenty of variety however you are not driving from point a to b all the time.

The story in mafia 2 is the main attraction. I think its incredibly well done with some great voice acting

The one thing Mafia 3 got right was it's combat and stealth imo.

The missions structure and lack of fast travel is what made mafia 3 annoying

It is an absolutely last gen game with average mechanics but I find the shootouts great, maybe because it's on hard mode, where it actually feels like I'm in a mob gun fight. Popping up behind a car to get off a few shots, stay up too long and your dead, very impactful. Every shot packs a punch. Unlike Mafia 3 where the guns felt like they were water guns, zero impact. The AI is too bad to say stealth was good in that but the melee takedowns were great.

Linc's car definitely helps going a to b in 2 but once you are at a location, it feels like a set piece from a mob movie, not as good as 1 but 100 times better than 3.

Anyway, 2 is getting absolutely **** on online but I'm having a lot of fun with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I think for the time it was great...It came out in 2010, rdr came out around the same time and in my opinion mafia 2 looks and feels much better. It has some flaws but for the time it was outstanding IMO

I'm doing the Chapter 3 mission where you have to break into the office building and take a document from a safe or whatever it is and I don't know if it's just me but the place is so feckin' dark and I hate that the cops just bully their way into that tiny little office you're trying to escape from.

Doing my nut in

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

I am a big fan of 1+2 and they had a good story with 3 but it was executed horribly, I really wish they would have put more effort into this classic.

I'm doing the Chapter 3 mission where you have to break into the office building and take a document from a safe or whatever it is and I don't know if it's just me but the place is so feckin' dark and I hate that the cops just bully their way into that tiny little office you're trying to escape from.

Doing my nut in

I turned my brightness up to 10 at the start with the logo test, put it down to 8 and it's fine, and I'm usually very bad for dark games since i got a 4 telly.

Also, for that level, you can avoid cops by
    going to the basement and turning off the safe alarm.
    in and out, no fuss.

Also, for that level, you can avoid cops by
    going to the basement and turning off the safe alarm.
    in and out, no fuss.

I'd do that if I could get out of the office unscathed! :pac:

I'd do that if I could get out of the office unscathed! :pac:

Bite the bullet and restart the mission :) not sure if it would put you at the start of the building or the start of the chapter though.

Bite the bullet and restart the mission :) not sure if it would put you at the start of the building or the start of the chapter though.

Well dying brings me back to the part where I have to open the safe. I'll jump back on it and try again

• Advertisement

Well dying brings me back to the part where I have to open the safe. I'll jump back on it and try again

Aw yeah, take a quick run downstairs, makes life much easier.

Advertisement