Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone now offering "Unlimited data"

• 06-05-2020 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭

Vodafone has joined the "Unlimited data" club.

On the lower cost plans like lite or Unlimited Sim Only it's with "Max speed 10 Mbps", the others claim "Fastest available speed".

That is including on 5G plans.

There is no fair usage GB mentioned in the terms just a standard note:

"If Vodafone is of the opinion that your usage is contrary to these principles; for example if your usage is excessive to the extent that it is negatively impacting the Vodafone Network, or if your usage constitutes commercial or fraudulent use or is in breach of the law; "

If they can maintain their network quality than despite the higher price it will for sure be great for some people.

Unfortunatly the 30 day sim only plan has now disappeared again, even the SIM only plans are 12 month (with a 10€ discount for the first 6 month).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

How about their prepaid plans like Vodafone X?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

How about their prepaid plans like Vodafone X?

Vodafone X Get unlimited data, maximum speeds 10MB/s, for just €20 top up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Points to note:
    You lose the Spotify / Sky Sports add on.
    You lose the unlimited data when roaming outside the EU for a fixed daily fee, now limited to 500MB/day

• Registered Users Posts: 14 stcosmin

Did anyone moved to the unlimited plan with the 10mbps limit? How is it? I am thinking to take it but I am afraid of the limit. With my current plan I get great 4g speeds (around 150 Mbps).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Tony H

stcosmin wrote: »
    Did anyone moved to the unlimited plan with the 10mbps limit? How is it? I am thinking to take it but I am afraid of the limit. With my current plan I get great 4g speeds (around 150 Mbps).

I subscribed to the new Vodafone X unlimited
    with a spare sim I had ,attached is a speedtest

• Advertisement

Tony H wrote: »

Was faster before the switch? It seems you get more than 10 Mbps, although upload is really bad.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'm on their "Red Complete sim only" plan and when I logged into the app on my phone, it's still showing my available data as 20GB. I think I qualify, but it's not showing up yet. This is my speed at the moment
    Screenshot-20200508-012300-Speedtest.jpg

Granted, its the dead of night when there isn't too much traffic on the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,230 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Was faster before the switch? It seems you get more than 10 Mbps, although upload is really bad.

Thank you

That speed is a regulator requirement for adverts. They all say it but go higher. Ignore it

• Registered Users Posts: 28,646 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Unfortunatly the 30 day sim only plan has now disappeared again, even the SIM only plans are 12 month (with a 10€ discount for the first 6 month).

I still don't see why someone would agree to a 12 month contract where no handset is provided and they're not offering anything more than the other networks are on 30-day terms and for less.

Vodafone's network is not all it's cracked up to be in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭RugbyLad11

ted1 wrote: »
    That speed is a regulator requirement for adverts. They all say it but go higher. Ignore it

But the 'lite' version says it's capped at 10mbs while the more expensive version is unlimited speeds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Their 4G mobile broadband is still capped at 300GB a month it looks like. Since I already have a 4G router is there anything stopping me signing up to get one of their sims with the unlimited data and using it in my own router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Tony H

Their 4G mobile broadband is still capped at 300GB a month it looks like. Since I already have a 4G router is there anything stopping me signing up to get one of their sims with the unlimited data and using it in my own router?

What kind of speeds are you getting with that plan , is it really capped at 10Mb/s ?

New sim should work as the router is only network locked

• Registered Users Posts: 5,140 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

You MUST make sure that you change the APN in the router to the correct APN for your phone bundle: live.vodafone.com when you put your phone SIM in there.

If you currently use hs.vodafone.ie and leave it, there is a risk that you will be charged for what you are doing.

At least in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,618 ✭✭✭corks finest

You MUST make sure that you change the APN in the router to the correct APN for your phone bundle: live.vodafone.com when you put your phone SIM in there.

If you currently use hs.vodafone.ie and leave it, there is a risk that you will be charged for what you are doing.

At least in my experience.
    gomo sounds a much better deal,or am I missing something,I'm paying 2 PAYG bills each month,plus SIRO,feel I'm getting shortchanged with these new 10 MB limitations

Tony H wrote: »

Not great TBH,Andi can see these speeds dropping

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Dagon

gomo sounds a much better deal,or am I missing something,I'm paying 2 PAYG bills each month,plus SIRO,feel I'm getting shortchanged with these new 10 MB limitations

Totally depends on your area. I switched over to GoMo (before Vodafone announced the unlimited plans) because I was a PAYG customer and didn't want a contract or an expensive mobile broadband deal. GoMo seemed to make a lot more sense.

But with Gomo in my area, the speed was usually pretty atrocious (1 to 2mbps), while sometimes being really decent (up to 12mbps). The real issue for me with GoMo was inconsistency. I need the network to allow me to stream no matter what time it is- gomo would break down when I most needed it, e.g. for an evening video call or streaming a live event.

Vodafone X for me is consistently great - from 7 or 8 to 15 or even 20 mbps (upload and download). Sometimes the upload is really high. We are in the sticks in north Galway so I'm happy. Gomo failed the test but it might work for you.

Vodafone X all the way :)
    I'm using a Huawei B593

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

Hello,

I am using Vodafone x in Germany and I like it really much

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭niallk

Can any Vodafone X users tell me:
    Do you keep the 20 euro credit or is it deducted?

3 have just started deducting my 20 quid top-up I had been using for YouTube premium and other Google pay stuff. YouTube non-premium is horrible having spent last year or so on premium.

niallk wrote: »

3 have just started deducting my 20 quid top-up I had been using for YouTube premium and other Google pay stuff. YouTube non-premium is horrible having spent last year or so on premium.

youtube vanced

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

€30 will be debited from your credit balance and the Offer will activate. You balance will be deducted to pay for the plan and activate the offer.

CVB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Frozen Veg

3s coverage and speeds very slow lately.

Contract is up now. Considering switching to Vodafone.

Need unlimited data and calls. use it alot as hot spot. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Top up deducted, not kept.

Did you change plans recently? If you didn't then you should still be on the legacy plan which keeps credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭ali1971

Hi

Just a quick question. What does this mean when it comes up on the bill?

SV_Google_GetProv Name

Thank you in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

Has someone used it abroad?

I in Swizerland Spain Italy Germany for watching Youtube. No problems at all

I am on Vodafone 35 E SIM-only bill plan and it seems they have finally capped the speeds to 10mbps up/down. I did some tests using different speed test servers and is always 10 - 11 mbps. Can anyone confirm?
    Thank you

I am on Vodafone 35 E SIM-only bill plan and it seems they have finally capped the speeds to 10mbps up/down. I did some tests using different speed test servers and is always 10 - 11 mbps. Can anyone confirm?
    Thank you

You'd think they'd relax the 10mb download now during lock down, I'm lucky I've fast WiFi, but lots especially students haven't, might be a nice gesture and good PR for VF

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Thank you

Mine's been capped for about a month now with a lot of random drop outs - very annoying. Thinking of swapping to eir

jdon72 wrote: »
    Mine's been capped for about a month now with a lot of random drop outs - very annoying. Thinking of swapping to eir

Same ref dropping and capped, this morning up to 43 then straight away down to 10.6

• Registered Users Posts: 8,501 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Good. More bandwidth for me to download my PS5 games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

ive been on the x unlimited for over a year now, and its throttled down to 10mbps, yet when i went abroad (greece) was getting full speeds of 50 60 mbps no bother, and it said all was the same as at home.

Advertisement