Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rocket League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

You on PC?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

When you're boosting towards the goal to score an open goal and you miss the ball and get so lost in the goals

Happened more than once

That feeling your going to hit the ball perfect and score, only to miss and feel like a twat. Happened one too many times for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Only need one more trophy to PLATINUM the game....my god how are you meant to drive 500klm. All my game time so far I have only done about 20klm!!!!

BTW, make sure you keep the same set of tyres on the car lads....its not added when you mix and match. Go into garage and check the stats on the tyres to see how much you have done!!!!

Dam platinum trophies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I am garbage at this game. But yet I'm still enjoying it tremendously. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only started playing last night, and only against bots... but my holy f*ck this game is fun :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I swear these Rookie Bot Teammates are out to screw me, the amount of time the spend gently cruising back towards the goal head on with the ball in front of them is criminal, I have to do a 100% Boost to knock it away from them

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Only need one more trophy to PLATINUM the game....my god how are you meant to drive 500klm. All my game time so far I have only done about 20klm!!!!

BTW, make sure you keep the same set of tyres on the car lads....its not added when you mix and match. Go into garage and check the stats on the tyres to see how much you have done!!!!

Dam platinum trophies!!

Urgh...was wondering why it would never go past 6kk :( thanks mate

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

Urgh...was wondering why it would never go past 6kk :( thanks mate

My stats, like the distance driven, seem to only change when playing offline. But since I started playing online it's been stuck at 10km, and I haven't changed the wheels or anything.

This happening for anyone else?

My stats, like the distance driven, seem to only change when playing offline. But since I started playing online it's been stuck at 10km, and I haven't changed the wheels or anything.

This happening for anyone else?

Seeks to be campaign based. Ai are so bad that I have ages driving in circlesto do it quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭craic_dealer

Seeks to be campaign based. Ai are so bad that I have ages driving in circlesto do it quickly

Ironically, I've found the AI to be annoyingly good online. A couple of times I've had matches where our team are like 4-2 up or something, then an opposing player leaves, AI replaces them, and scores 2 or 3 goals! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ironically, I've found the AI to be annoyingly good online. A couple of times I've had matches where our team are like 4-2 up or something, then an opposing player leaves, AI replaces them, and scores 2 or 3 goals! :rolleyes:

I only ever do ranked so j ononline bots ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

Played a game last night with 3 human and 1 AI on our team, won 6-2....... AI guy scored 5 :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

The AI are after taking all the goalkeeper tutorials! The amount of saves they pull off is crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Polly Sonic

tok9 wrote: »
    The AI are after taking all the goalkeeper tutorials! The amount of saves they pull off is crazy.

Played an hour or so with a few randomers a few days ago, same teams just kept on rematching. Haven't enjoyed myself online gaming as much in a long time.
    They had a lad hanging around the goal just saving almost everything, ridiculously good, it was an achievement just to score on him.
    All games were finishing 1-0 or 2-1 in overtime, fantastic battles.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Downloaded this on the ps4 with no expectations, turned out to be a gem. Great to pick up for a quick game and go straight into a match without any terrible cut scenes and the like. Very fun game but tricky to master. Slowly getting better! Psn - LeDaveit

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

how do you know if its a human or bot online?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hit tab for the scoreboard and their profile pic will be AI. Also they have 0 ping and are one word names like Scout.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,203 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hit tab for the scoreboard and their profile pic will be AI. Also they have 0 ping and are one word names like Scout.

I was playing against Maverick, Iceman and Goose last night. It was Top Fun.

Game is sooooo frustratingly fun.....only game I have nearly got platinum without knowing WTF I am doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Finally got online tonight for a few matches and bloody hell I've never laughed so much.

As @Wonda-Boy said, frustratingly fun. I was shouting at everything.

Say hi if you see me in game as Noxtehnib. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

How about getting a few of us in a 2v2\3v3 this evening. Game is much better when you have some idea who you're playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I'm up for that, will be online around 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    When you mis-judge it and full out turbo past the ball with an open goal with the ball creeping literally on the line.....OHHHH TAKE THE SHAME!!!!!

Conversely when you see it rolling towards and open home goal and turbo in to be the superhero saviour and end up knocking it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

RossieMan wrote: »
    How about getting a few of us in a 2v2\3v3 this evening. Game is much better when you have some idea who you're playing.

I'm up for some of that, psn phoniexknight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Same here. PSN ID - Desecrator666

Terrible also when caught just outside the goal in reverse....and can do nothing lol. Game would be mental if you could use turbo in reverse!!!

On now for whoever is up for it.

I'm on too. Will set up a party?

whats your psn rossie?

• Advertisement

You've just added it.

Advertisement