Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Today I listened to...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Parchment wrote: »
    The new Casefile episode blew my mind. That is one amazing podcast.

Downloaded an episode based on your recommendation. I'm so glad I did. That Peter Falconio episode was amazing radio. Slightly hesitant when I heard the narrator was Australian, but the whole thing was as polished a podcast as I've heard. Gripping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Downloaded an episode based on your recommendation. I'm so glad I did. That Peter Falconio episode was amazing radio. Slightly hesitant when I heard the narrator was Australian, but the whole thing was as polished a podcast as I've heard. Gripping.

Agreed

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Joe Rogan + Alex Jones + Eddie Bravo epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZPCp8SPfOM

but non-stop rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

The new Casefile episode blew my mind. That is one amazing podcast.
    Cienciano wrote: »
    I just subscribed based on your post.
    i hope you like it - i have to say its far and away the best true crime podcast out there. Production is wonderful, narrator has a great voice, stories are well researched and the episodes are so well written. Even if youre not a huge true crime fan its a brilliant podcast!

Finally got around to listening to it, it's really good. Listened to the Bradley Murdock one. He tells the story really well, loads of nice details and as you said, even his voice works well for that type of podcast. I've subscribed

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭kirk buttercup

I'm Listening to True Crime Garage - West Memphis 3 and its really good. First time I have listened to these guys and have to say I really like them. I am new to the whole Podcast thing so if anyone wants to recommend similar stuff I would Appreciate it (Although they have enough to keep me going for a while.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I'm Listening to True Crime Garage - West Memphis 3 and its really good. First time I have listened to these guys and have to say I really like them. I am new to the whole Podcast thing so if anyone wants to recommend similar stuff I would Appreciate it (Although they have enough to keep me going for a while.)

For me, I lost my podcast virginity to Serial. Season 1 is fantastic, Season 2 a little bit of a let down. I then went on to Sword and Scale and for the most part it is great (true crime). I've been a fan of True Crime Garage for a while now I like their format and the chemistry between the lads.

One that I enjoy from time to time, which isn't a true crime podcast, is Lore. 30 minute episodes about folklore. Well worth a listen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Hi folks, I'm new to the podcast world. Just wondering what apps you all use. I downloaded PlayerFM but there's mostly American podcasts on that.

I'm using Podcast Addict. Easy to use and pretty good

pilly wrote: »
    Hi folks, I'm new to the podcast world. Just wondering what apps you all use. I downloaded PlayerFM but there's mostly American podcasts on that.

Downcast on IOS

peteeeed wrote: »
    Downcast on IOS

Thank you for that, I should have mentioned I'm using an Android.

• Advertisement

pilly wrote:

Podcast Addict is available on android

you should have :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

+1 for Podcast Addict on Android
    Chrome extension podStation for the computer

My phone is currently downloading Vietnamese news, so as you can see I'm a complete amateur!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

The Greatest Generation episode 109.

https://art19.com/shows/the-greatest-generation

From "Two guys who are quite embarrassed to have a Star Trek podcast".

Quite the enjoyable tongue-in-cheek episode by episode breakdown of The Next Generation, without any eye-roll inducing nit picking of the show. I mean, I'm a fan... but I wouldn't be a hardcore fan, so I guess this podcast is for those who share this stance.

You may need to listen from the start to 'get' a few of the in-jokes, but they mostly explain them (pronouncing Sick Bay "six bay", calling the ship the "Entrepreneur", etc.)

I'm listening via Pocket Casts (the paid version that synchronises my subscriptions between the app and the web player) : http://www.shiftyjelly.com/pocketcasts/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,209 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I use podcast republic on android

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Agreed

Honestly i found the Aussie accent a nice break from American accents.

Work your way back through the podcast. Its amazingly well done every week!

Glad you all enjoyed it, i look forward to it each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭ahlookit

The only little thing that annoyed me was his habit of giving distances in both miles and km each time.

Thanks for the recommendation, will definitely delve into the back catalogue.

I Googled Peter falconio and came across a recent article in the daily mail (I know it's crap)... Lots of commenters below the line reckon his girlfriend still was behind it...not sure how that represents public opinion, they may be trolling...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I know each episode is a different story etc. but does it make a difference if you listen to the newest one and work your way back... or is it best to start at the first episode... or just pick and choose what episodes spark an interest?

• Advertisement

Re: Casefile - honestly it's been excellent from the start ( I don't work for it or anything !) so I would work my way forward just to avoid missing any episode!

Regarding the miles/km I think that's only a recent thing. Maybe as their listenership increased. Doesn't bother me and I think it just shows professionalism!

I listened to Casefile Episode 3 (Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman) on my way to work.

I'm really enjoying the podcast, thanks again to Parchment for the recommendation!

I listened to Casefile Episode 3 (Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman) on my way to work.

I'm really enjoying the podcast, thanks again to Parchment for the recommendation!

Just listened to the newest one - Port Arthur, about the Port Arthur massacre. Crazy stuff. So creepy to listen to.

So glad youre enjoying it!

Just listened to the newest one - Port Arthur, about the Port Arthur massacre. Crazy stuff. So creepy to listen to.

So glad youre enjoying it!

Just finished it myself. Holy sh!t. Unreal stuff

If i may recommend another podcast since the last went down so well!

"Phoebes Fall" - its another australian one about a very sad case. It has twelve episodes - its well produced and the sound quality is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,918 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

I think I'm slightly addicted to Casefile (I blame you Parchment :P)....
    Over the last few days I've listened to the following episodes:
    The Wanda Beach Murders (Case 1)
    The Somerton Man (Case 2)
    Lauria Bible and Ashley Freeman (Case 3)
    Donna Wheeler (Case 5)
    Julian Buchwald and Carolynne Watson (Case 7)
    The lengths someone would go to just to have sex...
    Holly Wells and Jessica Chapam (Case 8)
    The Eriksson Twins (Case 17)
    What the absolute fcuk!
    Peter Falconio (Case 44)
    Port Arthur (Case 45)
    As I was listening I was just hoping that all the killing would stop soon. Absolutely horrific.

Donna Wheeler (Case 5)
    What the absolute fcuk!
    Peter Falconio (Case 44)
    Port Arthur (Case 45)
    As I was listening I was just hoping that all the killing would stop soon. Absolutely horrific.

Its so good! so slick and well produced. I look forward to it each week.

Can i also recommend "Someone Knows Something" - its Canadian. Its now on its second season and very well made.

Can i also recommend "Someone Knows Something" - its Canadian. Its now on its second season and very well made.

Yeah I listened to SKS season 1 a few months ago. Very good podcast and a very sad story.

I haven't started season two yet... about 30 cases of Casefile to get through first! :pac:

• Advertisement

Donna Wheeler (Case 5)
    What the absolute fcuk!
    Peter Falconio (Case 44)
    Port Arthur (Case 45)

Listened to case 7 today. The lengths people go to is right!

Advertisement