Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "Today I did something to my bike" thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Angry. I can't get the rear axel nut loose. The mechanic was the last person to have the rear wheel off and must have tightened the **** out of it.

I put a pipe on the end of the wrench too but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I just cleaned the fook out of the area in and around the front sprocket.

Cleaned and lubed the chain and sprockets

Swapped out the stripped master cylinder screws (took fooking ages).

Yet the bike is still manky... anyone wanna clean her for me? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Washed and polished the fz6, cleaned, oiled and adjusted the chain. Rode the ****e out of her for a few hours and now she's durty again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Washed and polished the fz6, cleaned, oiled and adjusted the chain. Rode the ****e out of her for a few hours and now she's durty again :D

Good man blu get the bucket out again:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

today, I put my new tax disc on the bike..........

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Almost ready to start getting her race ready...

blade_zpsa8d011b5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Makikomi were you out and about today in Trim? We were having a scram and could have swore ou roared by......

Oh and I picked myself up a cracking little bike trailer for £250 :)

trailer_zpse7fa36c8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

I wrote off my bike on Friday evening. It was more my fault than theirs. Exhausted going home I thought I seen a green light to go but it was another set of lights. Pulled out while the left side traffic had an amber/red. Smack.

I'm physically okay (so so lucky to be walking). In few weeks Ill be mended. But my bike is gone forever. I really loved that Fazer. It protected be in it's last dying moments by apparently high siding me out of the accident. I don't remember any of it but a guy who seen it explained what happened.

I'll now have a claim and 0 no claims discount. People keep telling me things could be worse but I still feel like sh1t.

I wrote off my bike on Friday evening. It was more my fault than theirs. Exhausted going home I thought I seen a green light to go but it was another set of lights. Pulled out while the left side traffic had an amber/red. Smack.

I'm physically okay (so so lucky to be walking). In few weeks Ill be mended. But my bike is gone forever. I really loved that Fazer. It protected be in it's last dying moments by apparently high siding me out of the accident. I don't remember any of it but a guy who seen it explained what happened.

I'll now have a claim and 0 no claims discount. People keep telling me things could be worse but I still feel like sh1t.

Sorry to hear about that man.

Chin up, it's not the end of the world. Bikes can be replaced.

In 6 months when you're out for a spin on a nice summers day on your new bike you won't give a fvck about this accident, so don't worry too much about it now!

Oh and you're a true biker when you crash and immediately care more about the damage to your bike than the damage to yourself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Cayden Defeated Thunderstorm

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Makikomi were you out and about today in Trim? We were having a scram and could have swore ou roared by......

Sorry it wasn't me, I locked her up at 4am this morning and she won't be fired up until tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭ Cayden Defeated Thunderstorm

****, I almost done the same the other day.

Coming up to a (I thought) green light so I was gunning it, but suddenly realized it was a green chemist sign (the green cross) so I dived on the anchors, stopped short but still!.

If your bike is wrote off see how much the insurance will sell it back at salvage, it might be worth breaking up (pun lol) or evening making a street fighter or rat/survival bike from it.

Today I made some helmet storage :D

lids_zps730b8825.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Angry. I can't get the rear axel nut loose. The mechanic was the last person to have the rear wheel off and must have tightened the **** out of it.

I put a pipe on the end of the wrench too but no joy.

Happened to me before. Get a new tyre on from a really recommended place and when they put the nut back on they cross threaded it. Stupid rookie's mistake in using the airgun to put the nut on rather than putting it on by hand first!

The mechanic that fixed it spend the night soaking it and working on it to get the nut off. Did a great job and thankfully didn't need to heat it.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have not been using my bike cause I have yet to get the dam fuel tank yet fitted, but twice when I have got on it to bring it down to get sorted the battery was flat as a pancake. So annoying, something is draining it. Will get it in this week and get it looked at... Can't wait to get back out on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Sold the 950SM last night - it's been a fantastic bike for the past two years
    Hopefully the new thing goes just as well!

2012-09-02003.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Best of luck with the new "crotch rocket" hope it serves you well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Dropped the K1100 into the garage to have the non functioning ABS removed, would cost more than the bike cost me to fix. Few other minor jobs to do

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Finally got around to replacing my rear brake disc and pads after the scoring that happened after Lee Replaced my tyre.

It's my frist time doing anything like this and the majority was on my own, (though I got a little help from my dad with the brake caliper piston being taken out. The rest was me. :) So yeah, I'm pretty proud of myself and feeling like more of a biker :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Today i exchanged my licence for the new type un-restricted A learner permit

Was a disaster, sometimes i really wonder where they get the staff in the licence department :rolleyes:I never heard as much crap out of someones mouth!!!!

firstly was told that there was no such thing then they didnt no the price to charge me and finally was told the 2 photos i had were no use even though they were took in there machine

Asked for a supervisor and in the end it was sorted within a matter of minutes

Should have it in the post in the next 2-3 weeks :D

• Advertisement

nerrad1983 wrote: »

Was a disaster, sometimes i really wonder where they get the staff in the licence department :rolleyes:I never heard as much crap out of someones mouth!!!!

firstly was told that there was no such thing then they didnt no the price to charge me and finally was told the 2 photos i had were no use even though they were took in there machine

What exactly do you need to bring and what forms do you fill out? Can u print them online to have them ready.

What did u day to them. I will be going in to do it this week also and want to have all my facts right before I go in and try and tell them how to do there jobs. Thanks

I got the form in the motor tax office Brian

It will say Learner permit on the heading

Make sure you bring your old licence with 2 new photos and the €35 fee

They will keep your old licence and should write you out a cover note to cover you until you receive your new card style licence

If you end up getting stuck with a numpty your as well to ask for a supervisor tbh

She told me that with all the new changes that they havent been trained up properly for it, Typical :rolleyes:

I got the form in the motor tax office Brian

It will say Learner permit on the heading

Make sure you bring your old licence with 2 new photos and the €35 fee

They will keep your old licence and should write you out a cover note to cover you until you receive your new card style licence

If you end up getting stuck with a numpty your as well to ask for a supervisor tbh

She told me that with all the new changes that they havent been trained up properly for it, Typical :rolleyes:

Grand thanks. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Somehow yesterday driving from Galway to Connemara I managed to break part of my top box bracket, just the bit that it clips to, was thinking of changing it anyway

Join Ireland Weather Network

Ugggggggggggh :mad:

Todays post arrived an in it was all my application forms, my old learner permit and my €35 fee along with a letter saying they forgot to ask me for my Full Car Licence and couldnt process my new style licence until i handed it in

Complete and utter Numptys, Do they not no what they are doing when there sat behind there desks or what :rolleyes:

Ugggggggggggh :mad:

Todays post arrived an in it was all my application forms, my old learner permit and my €35 fee along with a letter saying they forgot to ask me for my Full Car Licence and couldnt process my new style licence until i handed it in

Complete and utter Numptys, Do they not no what they are doing when there sat behind there desks or what :rolleyes:

That means mine will be coming back also Grr :mad::mad:

Why do thay need that anyway its a separate licence??

leppla wrote: »
    That means mine will be coming back also Grr :mad::mad:

Why do thay need that anyway its a separate licence??

Yes id say yours will be sent back aswell

Just rang the motor tax office and they should have took a photocopy of my car licence just to make sure there is no endorsements etc on it

Have to head back in on Monday and they will sort it out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭goodlad

Its all the one license lads. They take your care one and then you get sent one with both car and bike marked on it.

goodlad wrote: »
    Its all the one license lads. They take your care one and then you get sent one with both car and bike marked on it.

But all the advertisement shows a green card for the learner permit and a pink card for the full licence.

So therefore they cant make it the one licence, just the the old system!
    Or am I missing something.

DrivingLicenseNew2_large.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

Got a new rear shoe for the fz6, went with pilot road 2 since they had them in stock, didn't want to wait for the PR3. Much harder in the middle than the pr3 so I might get more out of it!

Advertisement