Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Post a picture of your vehicle here Part 6 (don't quote pictures, 24h ban!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,365 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

They were all traded in for Rav4s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

colm_mcm wrote: »
    They were all traded in for Rav4s

Pretty much, all scrapped when fashion changed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

They all turned to rust about 15 years ago.

Never heard of rust being an issue on them in fairness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Technique

I remember a neighbour getting a yellow one, think it was around 1996. I honestly thought it was one of the nicest cars I had ever seen!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,407 ✭✭✭Wailin

Little Jimny still going strong.

50656141427_999d7789bf_c.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Does the bike fit in it Wailin?

Before I fitted the towbar I had to remove the back seats and could just about squeeze in the bike with the front wheel off. Bit of a nightmare though when covered in muck!

50660878701_c0e581f0c4_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Isn't there a bar you can get to go between the seatpost and handlebar stem so the bike sits horizontally and reduces the risk of the bottom of the front wheel impacting the ground?

Might be the angle of the photo, but doesn't look like there's a lot of room between the tyre and the ground?

I've stopped hanging the bike like that since that photo. It sits with the bottom bar on the rack now so it's well off the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,318 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Never heard of rust being an issue on them in fairness

Viewed one a good 10 years ago that was rusted beyond repair. Rusted so bad I just assumed it was a common problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭Slideways

Finally got around to washing the car

534639.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Love the reg...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,142 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Got a little job done today

I've been waiting for your photo with the tints. Where did you get it done, and did they remove the door cards to do so?

Hurrache wrote: »
    I've been waiting for your photo with the tints. Where did you get it done, and did they remove the door cards to do so?

Pro-Image in Limerick. I doubt they took the door cards off, you usually wouldn’t have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Pro-Image in Limerick. I doubt they took the door cards off, you usually wouldn’t have to.

At least you can hide the Hookers in the back now...:p

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

New (to me) 2014 Polo 1.0.

Accompanied by our elderly golden retriever.

That Polo is a great colour. A welcome change from silver!

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

That Polo is a great colour. A welcome change from silver!

Thanks Colm. Girlfriend tried to convince me to get a gunmetal grey one. It’s Mayan blue for anyone interested. It’s my second ever car so I’m chuffed with it, coming from an 07 Corsa it’s a decent upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭M256

Collected today, Leon FR First Edition, 2.0TDi
    How would you describe the ride quality? Is it too stiff?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

New to me Fiesta

IMG-20201130-150511.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,414 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The wheels look great on it

E1618-EE0-63-DC-48-E5-878-E-33-BFE2-A230-B1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

It's that time of year again cool.png I'm a tad early as this may be the only free time I have for a while!

For context:

Seeing as it's a new decade, and since I'm now in my 30's I decided to move up in the years and get something smaller/more economical as I drive a van most days thus don't really have the need for a car anymore...

Like f*ck I would do something like that to myself would ya be well in the head!
    4s3gqTO.jpg?1

Background behind this is the Pug blew it's box AGAIN and I hadn't the time to fix it (and I still don't because those ZF gearboxes are a pile of sh*te). With No Z operational (it's well underway btw) I was left with no road legal car for the first time in years! By pure coincidence, at the exact same time my father picked up this Volvo for scrap. To take away. Gratis. One glass of orange juice later and just like that, I'm the proud owner of this 2001 Volvo S60 2.0T

Full service history. Taxed for the full year since new. Know the previous owners since 2002. 3 keys. 4 new mid range tyres. Battery replaced in February. New pads + discs all round. A copy of AA routeplanner revision 3. Aircon charged up prior and working flawlessly. Back seats never sat in. It's like sitting in a timewarp

Naturally, there were bits to address. Exhaust was dragging, tied up with bullwire I found in a ditch outside my house. Fuel flap + other cosmetics missing, sourced from Kilian Manning. Master cylinder beyond saving (I opened it up to rebuild only to find the fluid had turned to grease!!! As a side note the snap ring is an absolute pain in the hole to remove from these master cylinders) again kindly supplied by Kilian Manning. Fitted some blue injectors while diagnosing a small vapor smell, if you know you know... It failed it's test on a leaky exhaust. Total cost of parts to fix: €1.27 (trade card discount) for an exhaust clamp + retest fee

It's now fully road legal and runs fantastic. I absolutely love driving it, even if it is a bit wooly in the corners. It has burned many a hopeful contender; I'd say very few realise these old Volvos are no slouch! I have a few bits to address outside, I'd love to get the headlamp wipers going. Have bushes to whack into the arms sometime this month, along with other good stuff... ;)

I'll probably dip back in at some stage but if I'm not back have a wonderful Christmas and like last year (and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that... You know the suss I can keep going!), what will be outside the pub for a portrait this time next year is anyone's guess!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Every year like clockwork. :) Brilliant. I need me clutch doing FP, fancy a challenge? :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Wibbs wrote: »
    Every year like clockwork. :) Brilliant. I need me clutch doing FP, fancy a challenge? :D

I'd say he would have done it for you in the past. As he seems to be a busy guy these days. No time to even be online. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davycha

Great to look back over all the different years and cars FP,

Glad to hear you are repairing the box on the 607 , they are a lovely machine .

Happy Christmas to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

534925.JPG

534926.JPG

Half-price car wash day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Truckermal

Never sell that definitely a future classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭vintagevrs

Half-price car wash day

I really like that. I had a spin in one a while back, and it was a manic car. Think it was the 190bhp if there is one and it revved to over 8k, felt frantic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭TommyGun2017

vintagevrs wrote: »
    I really like that. I had a spin in one a while back, and it was a manic car. Think it was the 190bhp if there is one and it revved to over 8k, felt frantic.

Yeah I wanted the 190 in post-facelift T Sport form but they are very thin on the ground here so I made do with the 140. Only have it a few months but zero complaints so far. Getting between 33-37mpg :)

Advertisement