Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walrus - Prepare to be Triggered - The Reveal

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Trigger wrote: »
    I suppose thats why music is so subjected, I did find it hard to listen properly, basically it didn't agree with the implant. :D

Might need some new batteries :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Love sweet disposition

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

In 20th place, scoring 4pts is
    Hello 2d
    with Lauryn Hill - To Zion.

Notes: I like it, i just think it goes on a bit too much! I'll probably be saying this a lot, but i just enjoyed the rest a bit more.

In 19th Place scoring 5pts is
    Beakerjoe
    with Beastie Boys- Girls

Notes: I am really not a fan of the Beastie Boys, but have come to enjoy this one. this was actually down lower until i had a few extra listens that improved it for me.

Night Beaks! :pac:

• Advertisement

In 18th place scoring 6pts is
    EN
    with Portishead - Roads

Notes: I enjoyed the Lyrics and the music in this, the singers voice just got a bit irritating to me after a few listens, tis grand

In 17th place scoring 7pts is
    Osh
    with The Fall - Sparta F.C. #2

A song about football hooliganism, whats not to like! ah no, i enjoyed it actually, i thought to myself, WTF is this when i seen its name pop up first

In 16th place scoring 8pts is
    ShaneU
    with Harry Belafonte - Jump in the Line

Notes: A Classic, its a proper singalong song, its down a bit due to it being so well known i think.

In 15th place scoring 9pts is
    Lassykk
    with Silversun Pickups - Lazy Eye

Notes: I enjoyed it, just not as much as i thought i would and not as much as the others ahead of it. Its a nice beat to it and sung well.

In 14th place scoring 10pts is
    Phatkev
    with Nakho and medicine for the people - the wolves have returned

Notes: The singers are excellent and the song tells a great story, which is something i like in lyrics. just couldn't deem it worthy of a higher placing

• Advertisement

In 13th place and scoring 11 pts, is
    LeVar
    with Steve Aoki feat. Fall Out Boy - Back To Earth:

Notes: Really like this and its a great choice! Only problem with it is that i know it so well. Cracking Tune though

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Well pleasantly surprised with middle of the pack for this round, because I wasn't expecting to do too great for this.

In 12th place scoring 12pts is
    Rikand
    with Nitrous Oxide - North Pole(Sunny Lax Remix)

Notes: Another absolute banging tune, and it was a toss up between the last and this to see who got higher. I just like this one a little bit more.

Well pleasantly surprised with middle of the pack for this round, because I wasn't expecting to do too great for this.

You played the man not the ball, and it worked.. :D

(theres a soccer ball analogy for ya LeVar :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

You played the man not the ball, and it worked.. :D

(theres a soccer ball analogy for ya LeVar :pac:)

And it's an analogy even a soccer ball hater like myself can still understand and dare I say even appreciate... ;)

And finally for tonight, in 11th place with 13pts is
    Homer
    with Samaris - Hljóma þú:

Notes: I had had absolutely no idea what was being sung about, but the voice is beautiful, i find this one incredibly relaxing. very good choice for a deaf person! :pac:

Right so there is the bottom 13, I'll be back tomorrow at 10am!

I will say, i did enjoy the majority of the songs in this round, but the top 4 have been some of my favourite in the whole walrus. with No1 reading in at 11/10 on the Triggometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Very illustrious bottom three :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

In 18th place scoring 6pts is
    EN
    with Portishead - Roads

Notes: I enjoyed the Lyrics and the music in this, the singers voice just got a bit irritating to me after a few listens, tis grand
    Think you must have listened to the wrong song, no way anyone ever says that about Beth! Her voice is incredible!

the fear is real :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Night Beaks! :pac:

I feel asleep before the reveal began.

Ah I like the Beasties but this tune gets so stuck in my head I cant help but enjoy it. In a maddening way.

Define how the Triggometer works. What scoring categories do you use.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

And it's an analogy even a soccer ball hater like myself can still understand and dare I say even appreciate... ;)

Who did LeVar teo foot and why was he not sent off. Wheres VAR?

Same! Thought I might have been pitching to the wrong audience with my choice and was dreading the wooden spoon. 11th place is as good as a podium finish for me here. Cheers Trig. :D

Right, going to make a coffee and will then get cracking.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I feel asleep before the reveal began.

Ah I like the Beasties but this tune gets so stuck in my head I cant help but enjoy it. In a maddening way.

Define how the Triggometer works. What scoring categories do you use.

Its very complex, a little too complex for people to understand..

Ah no, I listen to each song at least 5 times. The first time is a straight up listen, then with the lyrics beside me, then again without to see how it find it again. Then I listen twice focusing on the music. Each time marking out of 10.. but its not a straight 1-10 could be 6.5 or 8.2 depending on different things, then I take the average of that

So Here we go!

In 10th place scoring 14 pts is
    Sawduck
    with Zager and Evans - In the year 2525

Notes: really enjoying singing along to this one, I feel incredibly high when i listen :pac:The whole thing just plays like they are on drugs and makes me feel like it too.

giphy.gif

god dammit. literally one second before me!

in 9th place scoring 15pts is
    Statutory Ape
    with NWA - 8 Ball Remix

Note: Its one of my favourites, probably why it came down a little bit here as i'm so used to listening to it. its old but gold. Brilliant choice here but unfortunately, the others are just stronger to me

• Advertisement

In 8th place scoring 16pts is
    Tusky
    with doolin dalton/ Desperado - The Eagles

Notes: The only song i knew who submitted it before i did any marking, Its brilliant, prefer it Desperado myself, I do really enjoy listening to the Eagles, they have such great voices

Advertisement