Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Apparel Deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭MorganIRL

Jumped on the bandwagon here as well. Hate having to pull on and off the wet covers, bought the kiwi as well just to have for the summer rains when playing:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

Thanks for the heads up, just ordered a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Rocket99

Thanks for the recommendation, just made a purchase too

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭srfc d16

Can anyone explain to me the difference between the stefan and the kiwi?
    Just trying to figure out which would suit me better

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭DoubleD

The Stefan version is on offer on Amazon atm for circa €30 depending on size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,078 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

srfc d16 wrote: »
    Can anyone explain to me the difference between the stefan and the kiwi?
    Just trying to figure out which would suit me better

Just received the Kiwi Pro waterproof, compared to my old Stefan pair the Kiwi are probably a slightly better fit, not as much elastic in the waist, but material a bit lighter overall. Without having tested the Kiwi out, it feels nicer but the Stefan feels more waterproof, if that makes sense.

PARlance wrote: »
    Just received the Kiwi Pro waterproof, compared to my old Stefan pair the Kiwi are probably a slightly better fit, not as much elastic in the waist, but material a bit lighter overall. Without having tested the Kiwi out, it feels nicer but the Stefan feels more waterproof, if that makes sense.

Got my Stefan pair today and fit fine when tried on. Also bought a Compresslite IV Jacket for the same price. Feels nice on. Not a Golf jacket but ideal for walking or the cold weather.

Thanks PARlance for the recommendation.

Got my Stefan pair today and fit fine when tried on. Also bought a Compresslite IV Jacket for the same price. Feels nice on. Not a Golf jacket but ideal for walking or the cold weather.

Thanks PARlance for the recommendation.

Praying for some rain now to test them out!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Don't you f@##ing dare.

Once again thanks OP for post. Got mine today. Covid pounds might be making them a bit snug. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,578 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Yeah mine arrived too. Got the stefan and a couple of fleeces. Might still go for another pair of the thermal lined ones for the cold mornings.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭macslash

Got mine today too but they're too tight! Love the feel of them though they're lovely and snug. I got the stefan *

Sent an email enquiring about returns. Presuming it'll be okay?

Thanks again for the recommendation

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Deporhostia

Got my Stefan yesterday and it's fits perfectly. If you're in between sizes go half up I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Got my Stefan yesterday and it's fits perfectly. If you're in between sizes go half up I would say

Especially since lock-down 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 17,578 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone get the winter lined troucers from craghoppers?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Got a pair of Stefans. Bit of a strange fit, waist is fine but they sit very low on the waist, uncomfortably low and i think I would be forever trying to pull them up. I'll be sending them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Anyone get the winter lined troucers from craghoppers?

yeah, they arrived the other day, top quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,902 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

Mine arrived very quickly. Got the lighter kiwi ones, they look like they will do the job nicely.

Got 1 of each, very happy with both..

Got a pair of Stefans. Bit of a strange fit, waist is fine but they sit very low on the waist, uncomfortably low and i think I would be forever trying to pull them up. I'll be sending them back.

Ok, on reading their website it appears they're deliberately made that way for hiking etc.

• Advertisement

Ok, on reading their website it appears they're deliberately made that way for hiking etc.

Never really noticed that they sit low on the waist tbh, there's a belt strap on them, not ideal but that could be a work around.

The kiwi pro have less elasticity in the waist if they'll swap.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,015 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Might have to swap mine for bigger waist (I swear lockdown wasnt that bad to me). Think the low waist doesnt suit...I'll stick with that excuse

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Kiwi Pro arrived yesterday. Look the job. Hopefully get to take them for a spin next Monday!

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭dazzday

Are the both the Stefan and Kiwi fleeced lined? Suitable only for winter golf or would they be ok all year round?

dazzday wrote: »
    Are the both the Stefan and Kiwi fleeced lined? Suitable only for winter golf or would they be ok all year round?

Iirc there are different versions of each, I.e there's the Stefan waterproof and then there's the Stefan cold weather, same for Kiwi and Kiwi Pro... all the details are on their site.

Got the rain today!!! Kiwi Pro Waterproof passed the west of Ireland test with flying colours, there was a cold wind and they held up very well on the front too.

Also purchased a new waterproof top from Island Green for €40 last week, fully waterproof but a bit restricted in the swing. I'll give it another go with a layer less next time.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Island-Green-IGJKT1723-Waterproof-Breathable/dp/B076F5Z45V?th=1&psc=1

€90 for a waterproof suit, they'll certainly do the job and imo look better than some of the low-mid range waterproofs out there.

(I'm not a complete miser, have a pair of ecco shoes on the way to complete the winter set)

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Tried out my kiwi trousers today, they passed the test with flying colours. Few people commented on them, saying they looked well. Kudos to the op.ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭finglashoop

I bought the lighter kiwi trousers today in blanch

Tried them on feel comfortable.

Will see how they get on before buying other the heavier pair with internal lining.

Is there a jacket to match trousers?
    Didn't see one in store

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

For those who have invested in the Kiwi Pro or Stefan trousers and have got delivery would you be inclined to go for your typical fit in ordinary trousers or go a size up?.....I would be an awkward waist at mo as 33 but intend on losing the Covid pounds sooner rather than later,would people who have bought the trousers be inclined to go for a 34 r or 32 r in my case.

Thanks for any replies.

• Advertisement

For those who have invested in the Kiwi Pro or Stefan trousers and have got delivery would you be inclined to go for your typical fit in ordinary trousers or go a size up?.....I would be an awkward waist at mo as 33 but intend on losing the Covid pounds sooner rather than later,would people who have bought the trousers be inclined to go for a 34 r or 32 r in my case.

Thanks for any replies.

For the Stefan I'd go with the bigger size if in any doubt.

Advertisement