Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Restbite

Options
  • 29-11-2020 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi all.

Thanks to the pandemic all services are suspended.

I mind my father on my own 24/7. Where I go he have to go. Where he go I go.

Have not had a day off since the end of January 2020. Covid came and I lost all

my rest bite. Is there hope for carers out there. I have already collapsed and

was in A&E. A neighbor's son with dad until I got home.

I had to leave without results of scan as no one to mind dad.

Would anyone know if restbite happening soon.

This is terrible for carers. We get 219 euro a week and no help at all.

Hope you carers are keeping well.

179club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

179club wrote: »
    Hi all.

Thanks to the pandemic all services are suspended.

I mind my father on my own 24/7. Where I go he have to go. Where he go I go.

Have not had a day off since the end of January 2020. Covid came and I lost all

my rest bite. Is there hope for carers out there. I have already collapsed and

was in A&E. A neighbor's son with dad until I got home.

I had to leave without results of scan as no one to mind dad.

Would anyone know if restbite happening soon.

This is terrible for carers. We get 219 euro a week and no help at all.

Hope you carers are keeping well.

179club

Maybe give Citizens information a call? They will know what there is out there for folk in your hard situation; good luck and take carei!

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Really sorry to hear what you're going through OP.

Without knowing the full reasons why Respite care might be suspended (or not), it could be because with Covid hitting nursing homes the hardest, your father is safer in a home setting than in a care setting.

As well as trying Citizens Information as Graces7 suggested maybe try the district nurse too.

Best of luck.

Advertisement