Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone experience of buying new from BMW

• 01-05-2020 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I'm half way through the process of buying a new bike from Joe Duffy BMW. Anyone have any experiences good or bad with them, anything I need to watch out for?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

Goose81 wrote: »
    Hey,

I'm half way through the process of buying a new bike from Joe Duffy BMW. Anyone have any experiences good or bad with them, anything I need to watch out for?
    Thanks

Bought new in 2006 and again this year. No issues with either purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,170 ✭✭✭Goose81

mjsc1970 wrote: »
    Bought new in 2006 and again this year. No issues with either purchase.

Cheers mate, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

What ya gettin Goose? Well wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Hey,

Thanks

Between me and my son we've bought three bikes from them, no problems and I'd do it again.

Both bikes (R1200GS's) developed exhaust flutter value problems, they both seized and were replaced immediately under warranty. As an aside because both flutter values went, and the one on my sons bike very early and because they're a very expensive part to replace outside of warranty he sold his.

Had you asked the same question a few years ago I'd have been in a fit of rage over some terrible experiences with them, but in fairness they've been great to me over the last three years.

What ya gettin?.

Looking at a new RR, their used prices are a joke and I couldn't be arsed bringing in from the UK again so new makes most sense for me.

• Advertisement

I ended up buying that today, so hopefully the experience is good with them :) my wallet is destroyed lol. IL post pics when it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭mjsc1970

I ended up buying that today, so hopefully the experience is good with them :) my wallet is destroyed lol. IL post pics when it arrives

Congrats, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

Well wear man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

are you sitting down ? popcorn ready ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

So no pics on this thread at least but I did see your new bike in the picture thread - nice congrats. I have ordered a new S1000RR M package from them which I think will arrive in the garage late November or during December for January delivery. My experience so far has been excellent. My rationale for buying new was basically the same as yours but I was also worried about various issues on the early production bikes and hopefully most of them will be sorted out on the latest production bikes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement