Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bird phobia

• 18-06-2020 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

I have a severe long standing bird (and now bat) phobia. It is very dibiitating and really does impact on normal day to day living.
    I have tried hypnosis, NLP and BWRT to try to solve the situation without success.
    Does anyone have any experience of reducing a phobia/curing a phobia?
    Any recommendations of professionals who are good at treating phobias?
    Any suggestions welcome.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Behaviour therapy is the way to go, or CBT as it's now eveloved. Have a look at the stickies for Find a Therapist.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭bobbyy gee

Something happened when you were a baby with birds. What you need to do is start watching YouTube videos of birds start off with ones that don't scare you. Maybe parrots that just stand there. Or brightly colored ones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6 nehemiah2378

Try to cope with your fears in a confident way, and believe that nothing has changes since your childhood, if you have no any phobia before. I often test my fears by doing the things that commonly I'm afraid of, like darkness, water, riding, etc.

Advertisement