Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mccartney 3

• 02-11-2020 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

I see that Paul is bringing out a third album with his name attached.
    The first was significant. Heralded the end of the Beatles.
    Had a few decent songs on it plus it was lo fi in a time of massive productions. Wall of sound.etc
    Mccartney 2 was less significant. Heralded the end of wings. Again had a home made quality like it's predecessor. I personally thought it had at most 3 decent songs. Had an experimental quality exemplified by " check my machine" but the rest was dross. Even though a lot of bands saw it as significant in the electronica field.

So wonder what to expect with the third installment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,693 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Bobtheman wrote: »
    I see that Paul is bringing out a third album with his name attached.
    The first was significant. Heralded the end of the Beatles.
    Had a few decent songs on it plus it was lo fi in a time of massive productions. Wall of sound.etc
    Mccartney 2 was less significant. Heralded the end of wings. Again had a home made quality like it's predecessor. I personally thought it had at most 3 decent songs. Had an experimental quality exemplified by " check my machine" but the rest was dross. Even though a lot of bands saw it as significant in the electronica field.

So wonder what to expect with the third installment?

I am looking forward to it. Egyptian Station was solid.

The first one was good but pales in comparison to Ram.

McCartney II one of my favourite albums of all time. Check My Machine was not on it though - was the B-side of Waterfall and added to the CD reissues as a bonus track.

Macca's reissue series is top notch though. Have bought every one of the Super Deluxe Editions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Bobtheman

I am looking forward to it. Egyptian Station was solid.

The first one was good but pales in comparison to Ram.

McCartney II one of my favourite albums of all time. Check My Machine was not on it though - was the B-side of Waterfall and added to the CD reissues as a bonus track.

Macca's reissue series is top notch though. Have bought every one of the Super Deluxe Editions.

I agree egyptian station was solid. His work last ten years seems to have been better received. I'm not a fan of super deluxe cds as I think the best tracks by and large make it to the album and even then most artists has albums where you wonder if they could have not done better. Certain tracks.

Advertisement