Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to expect in the Boilerhouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jm198

Also the steam room isn’t open

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

jm198 wrote: »
    Also the steam room isn’t open

What about the jacuzzi?
    And did you have reason to take your mask off?����

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

Qrt wrote: »
    That’s what you think...

I remember being in the dark/steam room with a few guys around me. I pulled one up to shift him and he said "I dont want no kissin" and everyone sounded agreement / laughed

Morto

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

How did they get away with re-opening?
    Is it just because they don’t serve alcohol?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 jm198

It’s closed until the 10th of October due to the level 3 restrictions in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Mr rebel wrote: »
    How did they get away with re-opening?
    Is it just because they don’t serve alcohol?!!

I imagine they opened on the same basis as health and fitness places.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,266 ✭✭✭cgcsb

imme wrote: »
    I imagine they opened on the same basis as health and fitness places.

1 to 1 training sessions only, No classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It’s a breeding ground for germs at the best of times.
    Wouldn’t even think of going near the place at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I see reference to this place on the covid thread

Given the circumstances Is this place still open does anyone know?

Seems a bit mad that pubs can’t open yet a public sauna is?

How are they justifying it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Its closed, note on their website says they will remain closed until Level 3 restrictions are lifted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I see reference to this place on the covid thread

Given the circumstances Is this place still open does anyone know?

Seems a bit mad that pubs can’t open yet a public sauna is?

How are they justifying it

What title or category do they fall under, health centre?, physical therapy? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

imme wrote: »
    What title or category do they fall under, health centre?, physical therapy? :D

A "relief" centre!😜😜

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,126 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭Dickie10

tough time for the lgbt community a lot of spaces closed down. i was just about to start heading out to gay bars for the first time myself had a date or two set up so annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Several cases of drug-resistant dysentery were previously associated with this spot.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/disease-control-workers-at-sex-on-site-dublin-venue-due-to-dysentery-1.2961383

Given where we're currently at, such a place should be shut down indefinitely.

Yamanoto wrote: »
    Several cases of drug-resistant dysentery were previously associated with this spot.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/disease-control-workers-at-sex-on-site-dublin-venue-due-to-dysentery-1.2961383

3 years ago? It is closed. You can sod off with your 'indefinitely' one day corona will be over ya know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

cgcsb wrote: »
    3 years ago? It is closed. You can sod off with your 'indefinitely' one day corona will be over ya know.

If and when the pandemic passes, it should be allowed reopen, once it adheres to stringent controls to prevent patrons walking out of there with ailments one might associate more with a grim Dickensian flophouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Tig98

If and when the pandemic passes, it should be allowed reopen, once it adheres to stringent controls to prevent patrons walking out of there with ailments one might associate more with a grim Dickensian flophouse.
    Lets also strictly regulate - >
    nightclubs for glandular fever / influenza
    Colleges for mumps
    Swimming pools for viral meningitis
    Sports for broken bones
    Hospitals for HAIs...

Live a little

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭Mr.Frame

You are making an assumption that the above link refers to the boilerhouse?

any sign of the boilerhouse opening? will it open with gyms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Dickie10 wrote: »
    any sign of the boilerhouse opening? will it open with gyms?

Their website is a good place to start:

https://www.the-boilerhouse.com/

It says the 7th of June, Monday-Wednesday 13:00-21:00, and Thursday - Sunday: 13:00 - 23:00

So, not full hours, no steam rooms or jacuzzi.

It looks like they will have a contact tracing requirement, and masks required etc... The announcement is way down at the bottom of the page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 knope_42

Has anyone been recently? Is it really quiet? Just wondering if its a waste of time and money right now. I usually went after a night out on a Friday or Saturday and it was very busy with plenty of people under 50. Was thinking of going some evening mid week. Whats the crowd like then and is there many?

Friend of mine went and said it was quiet. They are now asking people to show their vaccine certificate.

It's closing at midnight these days. Before most of the action there was between 00:00 and 06:00

I'd say you're probably better off waiting until the closing time restrictions are lifted which we don't know yet. They said at the end of August they'll announce a roadmap towards removing the remaining restrictions, hopefully the time limits will be first to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

Went in tonight for a bit of R&R (yeah right!)

Was a nice crowd, not packed. Loved listening to one guy explaining to two lads about teh etiquette and how to approach people as they had never been

Got what I wanted myself so happy out

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Think this thread needs to be put to bed and a new one started :P

nice to know the run of things though, havent been for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Is the boilerhouse still open for business. You'd think they'd shut given the Monekpox virus.

What? Why? Might aswel shut because of meteor strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

They don't have to close by public health advice, but are they doing anything given that their regulars are the most at risk group for monkeypox?

• Advertisement

Russia is the largest country and therfore the most likely to suffer meteor strikes, therfore they should close Russia. That's how logical this thinking is

Advertisement